NEurope
Olympic Gamer

Cheap shit that betters the premium brands

I prefer supermarkets own brand ready salted crisps to Walkers.

Walkers put way too much salt on theirs - they're disgusting!

TBH, apart form Quavers and Doritos, all crisps taste pretty rubbish since they've started using all this low fat rubbish (OK, Pringles are nice, but not as nice as they used to). Cheap stuff probably don't use it, so that could be another reason as to why they're nicer.

Am i the only one who thinks these new 'Baked' Walkers are rubbish? It annoys me that they're the only ones that Subway sell. Luckily they have Doritos otherwise i would not be happy!

I think they're quite nice, not much to them mind and hardly enough flavours...

There's nothing in a bag of them, they are nice in the stronger flavours like cheese and onion. Ready salted tasted like cardboard.

Am i the only one who thinks these new 'Baked' Walkers are rubbish? It annoys me that they're the only ones that Subway sell. Luckily they have Doritos otherwise i would not be happy!

Lies, Walkers Baked is like...really nice. Infinitely nice than regular.

They sell normal Walkers crisps at my local Subway =]

I got flavoured and performa and ribbed and more from the C card place.

Flavoured condoms on the National Health? Shouldn't the NHS be promoting the benefits of a high protein diet?

I prefer Sainsburys's own value brand of wheat biscuits in comparison to the branded Weetabix ones. No contest really. Weetabix is overrated imho.

Something I personally would never use, own brand toilettries. Perhaps they are just as good but hmm...different folks eh?

Haha, you're a massive faggot, there's nothing wrong with buying cheap shit, lets you save money for the stuff you actually want to buy

Haha, you're a massive faggot, there's nothing wrong with buying cheap shit, lets you save money for the stuff you actually want to buy

It depends. Handwash, toilet roll, shower gel etc, all of that i'l get cheap, but i wont buy cheap toothpaste.

It's a trust issue. I trust Colgate to look after my teeth as they have the money to make a good product. Somehow i doubt Asda has testing laboratries for teeth cleaning =/

I'll also only buy good razors. Cheap ones hurt. But cheap shaving gel etc is fine.

So you do care about your teeth....but not your personal hygeine.

Interesting....

;)

Haha yeh, something like that :p

I dunno, teeth are more compicated than washing away smells so cheap brands for showering etc are good enough. Its not rocket science - soap = clean. But toothpaste has all sorts of advanced ingredients and crazy crap i cant even begin to understand so thats why i wont buy it cheap.

Haha yeh, something like that :p

I dunno, teeth are more compicated than washing away smells so cheap brands for showering etc are good enough. Its not rocket science - soap = clean. But toothpaste has all sorts of advanced ingredients and crazy crap i cant even begin to understand so thats why i wont buy it cheap.

I agree with you. Shower gel...let's face it, doesn't need much to it. Toothpaste, though, is pretty important in preventing plaque buildup so that your teeth don't rot.

Something a bit silly is people buying branded medicine. A documentary looked into this, and with some things like paracetamol the non-branded versions were precisely the same as the branded, except cheaper, and possibly not coloured.

When a new drug comes out the creating company generally holds a patent for a few years so only they can sell it at generally a high price, but after this time anyone can make it so the generic product can be identical to the brand name.

A good example of this is hayfever medication. You have brand names like Zirtek and Piriton, but as long as the active ingredient is the same in the generic then it'll do the same thing.

When a new drug comes out the creating company generally holds a patent for a few years so only they can sell it at generally a high price, but after this time anyone can make it so the generic product can be identical to the brand name.

A good example of this is hayfever medication. You have brand names like Zirtek and Piriton, but as long as the active ingredient is the same in the generic then it'll do the same thing.

Word. I always buy generics - just go into a chemist and ask specifically for generic whatever (as long as its off prescription). They should sell ityou for about a fifth of the price as you would the branded one.

Its guaranteed to be the same.

Anyone who likes them Dr Oetker(sp) pizza ristorantes should go shop at lidl, they have the exact same pizzas at two for the price of one of the branded version.

8p Instant Noodles (or whatever they're called) from anywhere (like Tesco or Somerfield) are nicer than Super Noodles.

QFT.

16p for a meal, you can't beat them for value (though you probaly could for nutrition).

QFT.

16p for a meal, you can't beat them for value (though you probaly could for nutrition).

Yeah, check the salt content. It's crazy high. You're supposed to have something like 6g a day, and noodles have close to a third of that.

Morrisons Honey Nut Cornflakes are better then Crunchy Nut, and cheaper.:)

No chance. Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are untouchable!

I would say that custard creams is the biggest false economy ever, the cheap ones taste the same if not better than the premium brands.

QFT.

Noooooo! I'm standing by my claims that there isn't beating super noodles, ASDA's own brands(not the 8p smart price, the slightly pricier asda branded like) DO come close, but still it's not close enough. I am a fine connossiuer of the Bachelors, and have yet to find anything to match them quite so well.