NEurope
Olympic Gamer

Cheap shit that betters the premium brands

Only thing i can think of is cheaper sunflower oil rather than that extra virgin bull shit that costs £3 more. Its actually better to cook with generally and doesn't make an ounce of difference to your food.

Um...Olive Oil and sunflower oil are very different, and they have a very different taste.

Cheap cola which is like 8p per litre. The flavors get extreme when you get towards the bottom!

Asda's Smartprice Lasagne. Delicious, and has loads more white sauce on the top, which is perfect for a chip sandwich.

I'd prefer to wear Marks And Sparks clothes than shop from Jack Wills.

What Jack Wills sells is the most overpriced, shite quality clothing ever in the history of mankind. I detest the whole idea of it.

There are occasions where i will buy supermarket own brand stuff, for example chocolate, soup, curry, squash and coke (now and then). But, i cannot buy supermarket own Vodka, Smirnoff always will do.

Um...Olive Oil and sunflower oil are very different, and they have a very different taste.

Well excuse me for being simple ;)

cheap crisps are always the best sort. space raiders are awesome. ( technically not a crisp b4 some1 says it)

If you were to drink the Smart Price one you're stomache would explode.

It wasn't the Smart Price stuff, thank god. I tried that once, it was the most foul drink ever. Never again!

Marks and Spencers cola (alright so it's not that cheap) is actually quite a bit nicer than Pepsi I find.

I tend to buy Tesco's dark chocolate. 54p I think for a big bar. I tried the milk chocolate one first but ever since I tried the dark chocolate no chocolate has been the same since.

Most supermarket tonic water > Schweppes tonic water. Just as good at about 1/3 of the price.

Home and Bargain sells an energy drink called boost in bottles that look like gas canisters. That stuff is fucking awesome and it's like 69p for a litre. Red Bull can go and fuck itself, if I was going to spend over a quid I'd buy relentless anyway. Take it home, put it in your fridge and next time you have a party mix it with Vodka. Thats how I got with my current girlfriend.

Don't go for Tesco's condoms... didn't work well for me. :(

They don't go around your balls as well you know . . .

I know. It felt different.

Bad different.

I believe the phrase is "pics or it didn't happen".

Anyway, if it doesn't have the Kite mark, then don't go for it. I'd never trust anything but Durex.

Has anyone tried non-Quaker porridge? Is it still as edible?

Morrisons crisps are better than Walkers and Golden Wonder etc. The flavour is delicous and the crisps feel more, crispy... Not as cheap as walkers and that :heh:

Also Brown sauce. My dad got some from aldi or morrisons and it's like chip shop brown sauce, which I think, is the best brown sauce out there.

I cannot tell the difference between own brand spirits and brand names, with the exception of JD. There's something about it.

I'd rather save a fiver and get a Tesco bottle of vodka than a bottle of Smirnoff.

I'm too pretencious for knockoffs :p

I would be lying if I said I wasn't surprised.

But obvisously it didn't 'happen' for it to be in this topic.

Anyway, if it doesn't have the Kite mark, then don't go for it. I'd never trust anything but Durex.

Absolutely - there's no difference really

cook it in milk, or half milk half water. Tastes a lot better than just water. ^^

8p Instant Noodles (or whatever they're called) from anywhere (like Tesco or Somerfield) are nicer than Super Noodles.

Nevar! I love Super Noodles, but don't think I've ever found a brand better(though some come kinda close). Morrisons were just doing BOGOF, so I might stock up.

Sainsbury's used to do some mean whole nut imitation, but more importantly they did a dark/plain version and it was heavenly, I dunno if they still do though.

Also on the chocolate/hazelnut combo front, ASDA's hazelnut chocolate spread beats the shit out of Nutella on Price, Taste AND Longevity! It's kinda thinner than Nutella, so it spreads better and lasts longer. There probably is noticeable taste difference, but only if you eat one right after the other.

I'm not one for big brand clothes either though, I'll take whatever's cheap and does the job. Primark ftw!

qtf your supposed to be told that in sex ed but considering alot of people don't seem to have been in sex ed classes because schools suck...:heh:

The cheaper version of lucozade orange, it's from aldi I think, it tastes slightly different but it's nice when you just can't stretch to 95p at college or £1.50 over the road >_>

Tesco's Apple Juice is Tasty! :grin:

True, and the same for orange juice. Same for sainsbury's own stuff too. Thing is these days it's not really that cheap for the amount you get. (used to be about 30p and now it's something like 60-70p, but they don't put the prices up anywhere so most people haven't noticed). And it also doesn't provide any of your 5-a-day like most juice cartons do.

Agreed that the taste is best though.

Tesco fajita wrap packs are cheaper and better than the Old El Paso ones.

Tesco's frozen 2-pack microwavable chocolate pudding ftw.

The cheaper version of lucozade orange, it's from aldi I think, it tastes slightly different but it's nice when you just can't stretch to 95p at college or £1.50 over the road >_>

Explozade. That stuff is fantastic, 27p or something for a bottle and after drinking quite a lot of it I think it's just as good as Lucozade.