NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pit-Jr

FF and DQ Multiplatform??

No mention of Revolution, but logic dictates if these Japanese games can sell on Microsoft's console, surely they can on the Revolution. Bad news for Sony if true, the games that make PS superior keep getting syphoned over to XB (i.e. Metal Gear, GTA)

TOKYO--In an interview with Reuters, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada disclosed that his company is considering releasing new installments of its Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest role-playing series on both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. "We will decide by E3 in May [2006] as to whether to release them on both the PS3 and Xbox, or just one platform," Wada told Reuters

And dammit i wanna play some Dragon Quest

Revolution-style with one hand as god intended

It won't bother their sales in Japan, like no-one there would buy the 360 versions because they hate Xbox so much.

I wouldnt be so sure, DQ8 sold 4 million copies in Japan

(according to the website)

Yeah this is true, Microsofts last attempt to impress the Japanese market by sliding square-enix some money under the table?? :P

I wouldnt be so sure, DQ8 sold 4 million copies in Japan

(according to the website)

I'm not saying the games won't sell well on PS3, but I mean 360.

EDIT:

Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest NOT 360-bound

It was a nice dream, at any rate. Faster than you can say Yoichi Wada comes news from Square Enix (via 1up) that the Reuters article from yesterday, which hinted at possible next-generation Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy titles for the Xbox 360, are inaccurate. It appears that Sony will continue to hold the main Final Fantasy franchise as long as it still can.

It works fine as it is only the playstation, jut leave it like that.

Bummer, i dont want to have to buy a stupid PS3 just for these games. Start sliding over the money M$!!! (or Nintendo)

Well; if you wanna play them so desperately, you'll have to get a PS3; I mean, you buy a console because of the games that are on it(in thsi case, you'd buy a PS3 because of FF and DQ) and it should not be because of your opinions of certain hardware producers.

yeah yeah yeah, ive bough enough crappy Sony hardware for one lifetime so in my case, the hardware producer does matter. Also i dont have money coming out of my ears, or the shelf space for 3 consoles.

get over it then; if you're desperate to play them, you know what needs to be done. Either that or shut up about it(meant in an entirely unoffensive manner-just couldn't phrase it properly).

I doubt Sony can afford to keep both games exclusive because I think Square makes more money if they would release the games on all 3 next-gen consoles. Especially if you look at the hardware base - the 360 will launch in a few days and I doubt Sony will do the same. So to make some money SE should really thing about going multiplattform instead of rather depending on Sony.

sarcasm is the lowest form of humour you know.......
People say that like it's an undisputable fact.

People say that like it's an undisputable fact.

M'eh; I can't really talk, as I'm a bit of a sarcastic arse most of the time.... :indeed:

Sign in to follow this