NEurope
Twilight

Director of SSB Revolution confirmed!

Some good news here. :hehe:

In latest Famitsu´s column, Masahiro Sakurai (director of SSB and SSBM) reveals that he is the director and designer of next Super Smash Bros game for Revolution. Interestingly, Sakurai left Nintendo few years ago, joined to a new development team called Q Entertaiment (Meteos, Lumines) but looks like he still have very strong relations with Nintendo and now he´s back! :awesome:

Source: Famitsu and Gaming-Age Forums.

And if someone can speak Japanese, here is the original article:

http://img34.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc137ℑ=59d_smash_bros_Rev.jpg

Yeah! Atleast we got the original director, usually when you get different people directing/developing etc, it pretty much goes down hill, like Tomb raider some might say.

Im realy going to enjoy smash bro's on the revolution, whatever the controls...

That is not soooo good news if you read the cube.ign.com post.

He was contacted at E3 2005 and after that he started his work - so either the game won't make it for launch or he gives only minor directions to polish the game.

This is what I know on titles being developed Ubisoft= 2-3 titles including a exclusive. EA= 2-5 titles. Activision = 2 titles. THQ= 2 titles. SquareEnix= 2 titles. BandaiNamco= 3 titles. Camelot = 1 title. Zoonami= 2 titles. I will try to update u and make a list the number of titles from developers/publishers including how many launch titles. This is of course based on only what I know or have heard. I will not name any specific titles do to nda's and trust reasons.

The director is the same guy who directed the other two. Who would have thought?

Considering he left Nintendo years ago due to not liking the idea of doing sequels much, it IS a surprise that he's back for this, especially considering it's not just a sequel, it's the third in a series.

This is what I know on titles being developed Ubisoft= 2-3 titles including a exclusive. EA= 2-5 titles. Activision = 2 titles. THQ= 2 titles. SquareEnix= 2 titles. BandaiNamco= 3 titles. Camelot = 1 title. Zoonami= 2 titles. I will try to update u and make a list the number of titles from developers/publishers including how many launch titles. This is of course based on only what I know or have heard. I will not name any specific titles do to nda's and trust reasons.

Camelot eh? ...GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN :shock: and 2 Square Enix titles!

Hope what you hear is true.

Camelot eh? ...GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN GOLDEN SUN :shock: and 2 Square Enix titles!

Hope what you hear is true.

In last January or February, Camelot had ad in Famitsu where they were hiring some new to people for "Next-Generation RPG experience". :smile:

So, Golden Sun seems pretty possible...

That is not soooo good news if you read the cube.ign.com post.

He was contacted at E3 2005 and after that he started his work - so either the game won't make it for launch or he gives only minor directions to polish the game.

But Melee didn't come out at the gamecubes launch, it came out after, so it's no big problem. Besides if they launch with too many great titles I wont be able to get them all :weep:

@BigTac: Thank you for that information I really appreciate that you share your insider knowledge with us. That really helps until Nintendo finally tells us more!

Tnks for the info Big Tac :kiss:

This is Great News!!

and further confirmation of the game for launch!!

That'll be a few million Revs sold for this game right there!!

OMG OMG OMG, Cant wait until Revo comes! :D

:D