NEurope
Dante

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Hmm question... so you can use the RB drums with GH:WT but only 4 pads instead of 5... (silly cos the pedal is a pad also technically) but if I wanted to use say the GH:WT drums with RB / RB2 one of the cymbals will take the place of the drum pedal, is that correct?

If it is, then GH:WT instruments all the way! only cos I really don't like the pedal though and I want GH:WT when it comes out. :/

The GH:WT kit has a bass pedal. That's the key bit you've been missing S.C.G

I'm not sure how it'll work though, presumably the game will know which kit you're using and change the notes accordingly, because WT uses a different colour coding system from Rock Band. In RB the Yellow is the Hi-Hat (which is fine, one of the cymbals can be "Yellow") but the Green is the crash (not good, on the WT kit it's a tom). I'd assume Rock Band will change to compensate for this, otherwise we'll be using a drum pad as the crash cymbal.

Ah I understand now, thanks for clearing that up :) I just hope the pedal in GH is better than the one in RB. :/

^ They've sorted out the kickdrum for RB2. The new one has an aluminium plate in it to make it stronger.

Good, because my second one has cracked. But I believe I have a third one in handy in case. :grin:

Definitely getting the World Tour peripherals over the Rock Band ones now.

The £150 deals with the extra guitar are impossible to resist, I'll just buy Rock Band separately.

Definately getting the World Tour peripherals over the Rock Band ones now.

The £150 deals with the extra guitar are impossible to resist, I'll just buy Rock Band seperately.

Indeed, this could be Activision's trump card for beating EA this year. It doesn't seem like EA and Harmonix are too bothered for competing anyway, since all the non-360 versions of RB only just came out in Europe, and it'll likely be next year until we get RB2 on the Wii, PS3 and PS2.

Can you trade in things and get it put on a gift card at GAME? Was thinking of trading in my GH3 Wii Guitar and game whilst it is still worth something and then hanging fire to see which is better this or Rock Band....

The Guitar which is my main instrument of choice (no room for drums for now) and that looks better on GH World Tour.

My order has been placed a few days ago on the Game website - getting the PS3 version. Who else is getting it on the PS3?

My order has been placed a few days ago on the Game website - getting the PS3 version. Who else is getting it on the PS3?

I would if I didn't already have the GH3 Wii guitar. I don't want 2 plastic guitars cluttering up my room, nor do I want to through the hassle of selling my GH3 guitar. It's alright though, the Wii version seems to have most of the features of the HD console versions.

What a shame Cooky. You were always an active and good online Wii player last Christmas :(

Hopefully I shalll find a good regular to play with yet again this year.

When i sold my PSP to GAME they put it on a gift card thing.

So yes :)

Awesome!

I will be if I get this. Still can't decide between this and picking up Rock Band!

I would if I didn't already have the GH3 Wii guitar. I don't want 2 plastic guitars cluttering up my room, nor do I want to through the hassle of selling my GH3 guitar. It's alright though, the Wii version seems to have most of the features of the HD console versions.

I'm just getting rid of my GH3 guitar...

The Wii versions will always be behind the other versions in terms of DLC until Nintendo sort out the storage problems...to be honest I'd rather be playing the games as they are intended with all the DLC than wait for ever for Nintendo to get a HDD sorted out.

Awesome!

I will be if I get this. Still can't decide between this and picking up Rock Band!

I'm just getting rid of my GH3 guitar...

The Wii versions will always be behind the other versions in terms of DLC until Nintendo sort out the storage problems...to be honest I'd rather be playing the games as they are intended with all the DLC than wait for ever for Nintendo to get a HDD sorted out.

Ah, but the Wii version will have DLC. It's supposed to run off the SD card. Either way, DLC isn't that big of a selling point to me. I doubt I'll download more than 5 songs or whatever on DLC. I'll only get the music I really really like.

Ah, but the Wii version will have DLC. It's supposed to run off the SD card. Either way, DLC isn't that big of a selling point to me. I doubt I'll download more than 5 songs or whatever on DLC. I'll only get the music I really really like.

I still think the Wii version is lacking when it comes to this as it doesn't have a solid system for DLC for games. Each game that uses it seems to have its own methods. Whereas both PSN and XBL are sorted for stuff like this.

For me DLC is what will keep the title going. I am not a high end Guitar Hero player so there is finite point I can get to and unless I find similar players online I don't play it like that. This is the reason I largely stopped playing GH3. So a constant flow of DLC is important for me to keep me interested...

I still think the Wii version is lacking when it comes to this as it doesn't have a solid system for DLC for games. Each game that uses it seems to have its own methods. Whereas both PSN and XBL are sorted for stuff like this.

For me DLC is what will keep the title going. I am not a high end Guitar Hero player so there is finite point I can get to and unless I find similar players online I don't play it like that. This is the reason I largely stopped playing GH3. So a constant flow of DLC is important for me to keep me interested...

Actually, Pay & Play is up and running now, we've already seen this with Final Fantasy and other WiiWare titles in Japan. Samba de Amigo will support it next week, and Guitar Hero will as well. It runs in exactly the same way as the 360 and PS3 versions, it hasn't been gimped in any way. The Wii will also be getting DLC at the same time as the other versions, and you can store it on the console or stream it from an SD card.

The Wii version actually has more features than the other versions with the inclusion of Mii Freestyle, the only thing it's missing is instrument compatibility with Rock Band, but that's because EA are using USB rather than Wiimote-powered instruments.

Actually, Pay & Play is up and running now, we've already seen this with Final Fantasy and other WiiWare titles in Japan. Samba de Amigo will support it next week, and Guitar Hero will as well. It runs in exactly the same way as the 360 and PS3 versions, it hasn't been gimped in any way. The Wii will also be getting DLC at the same time as the other versions, and you can store it on the console or stream it from an SD card.

The Wii version actually has more features than the other versions with the inclusion of Mii Freestyle, the only thing it's missing is instrument compatibility with Rock Band, but that's because EA are using USB rather than Wiimote-powered instruments.

Well personally I'd still rather download to my console that messing about with SD cards or emptying my fridge...Just a preference...

Been watching movies about the GH guitar it looks awesome and so much better than the GH3 version...

Well personally I'd still rather download to my console that messing about with SD cards or emptying my fridge...Just a preference...

Get it on the PS3 man, you know you want to. I don't want to be the only person on here with the PS3 version lol

Get it on the PS3 man, you know you want to. I don't want to be the only person on here with the PS3 version lol

You are swaying me towards it dont worry...

I'm fairly sure i'll be buying this on the PS3 :) It probably will be around the Christmassy time though.

Day one purchase for me (PS3). Going to get the game and guitar only package, and use my rock band instruments for drums and bass guitar.

Anyone else who got Guitar hero 3 for the ps3 feel the guitar was a lot clunkier than the other versions? I sure did.

I just hope they fix that with this version...