NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Pokemon MMO Pitched to Nintendo

Funny I should spot this as I was just looking for a pokemon MMO. Are there any out there? Like with GBA or better graphics?

Graphics? That's why guys like Jamba and Serebii say it's not feasible? I thought they were saying it because of Nintendo's stand on MMOs and expansions/patches.

A 3D main entry on the franchise is impossible. Of course it is.

A 2D MMO, however, could certainly be made. Sure, even if they made new 2D animations for everything, it would take a relatively short time and cost (compared to a 3D game).

That said, there's still the "franchise ending" Jamba spoke of. If a Pokémon MMO is released, there will be no way to continue the franchise, unless expansions are released in the future (with new moves, pokés, features, and everything a new installment of the series usually brings). Considering Nintendo's view on that kind of things, it's highly unlikely.

The graphics aren't the problem, this issue is.

Graphics? That's why guys like Jamba and Serebii say it's not feasible? I thought they were saying it because of Nintendo's stand on MMOs and expansions/patches.

A 2D MMO, however, could certainly be made. Sure, even if they made new 2D animations for everything, it would take a relatively short time and cost (compared to a 3D game).

That said, there's still the "franchise ending" Jamba spoke of. If a Pokémon MMO is released, there will be no way to continue the franchise, unless expansions are released in the future (with new moves, pokés, features, and everything a new installment of the series usually brings). Considering Nintendo's view on that kind of things, it's highly unlikely.

The graphics aren't the problem, this issue is.

I think if it was like a normal game but with the option to go online with your DS then people would still buy new versions.

The MMO Pokemon Crater I played was made of custom maps using tile sets from the Ruby and Sapphire games.

There is one called Pokemon Online (which is very unreliable) is 2D aswell, I havent seen or even heard of any one attempting it however.

Theres a game im testing in beta so far of Pokemon but problem is the MMO side of it is really lacking, theres no player interaction or battling as of yet (then again, it opened up a month ago), its called Pokemon Battle Arena, google it. (Its attempting to revive crater, but they have a LONG way to go, crater was fun, this is shit)

In Nnooo there are only three full-time members :D

Haha really?

Well if the pitch goes through (very doubtful), im sure they'd move to work closely and alongside the Pokemon Team.

Yeah, sure 2D could be possible but then you have the problem of convincing people to make a 2D game with a budget *sharp intake of breath!* And then it really would just be a better version of the handheld RPGs, so yeah... franchise death.

I would hope that sometime in the next 2 iterations of the main game, the market will finally react to Nintendo churning out the same old shit with different monsters. Doubt it though. Pokefans are worse than heroin addicts.

Sign in to follow this