NEurope
Kirkatronics

Biggest Let Down Ever!

Goldeneye, ten years after it's release.

I hate to be the controversial prick here, but that game has not aged well at all.

id diss agree, i played two years ago, and graphical issues asside, it was still a very good game.

Ocarina of Time. I was new to Nintendo, and N64 magazine were saying that it was the best game ever. So I got it.

Lets just say that after playing half of the game it ended up gathering dust for a few years. Until I borrowed Majora's Mask of someone. Which I loved. I then after I completed MM I went and finished off OoT.

Edit:

Recent let-downs include Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

Jet Force Gemini, found it for a fiver at a car boot sale, played it. Really got bored of it quickly. Managed to get a trade in value of £6 for a GBC/GBA [i forget which] carry case.

Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil. Wasn't a bad game if it wasn't the fact that the save points were put 90% through the level.

Mario Galaxy is awesome, so is Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker.

I personally hate Metroid Prime. All 3 of them. I've bought them becuase they get recieved so well, but i play them and get bored ever so quickly. FPS/exploration doesn't work for me. And i always fall for it! Metroid Prime sucks, i should just stick with my opinion and stop believing i might actually like the crappy thing.

Goldeneye, ten years after it's release.

I hate to be the controversial prick here, but that game has not aged well at all.

I played goldeneye about 2 months ago and it was as fun for me as it ever was :yay:

Ocarina of Time. I was new to Nintendo, and N64 magazine were saying that it was the best game ever. So I got it.

Lets just say that after playing half of the game it ended up gathering dust for a few years. Until I borrowed Majora's Mask of someone. Which I loved. I then after I completed MM I went and finished off OoT.

Edit:

Recent let-downs include Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

I can see how AC was, but how is Mass Effect a let down? I loved it personally:smile:

:(

Mario Galaxy has been my favourite game in years, it wasn't a suprise that it was so good. Hell, I expected it to be good and man did it deliver. I don't think i've ever played a game when i've had a constant smile on my face. That is what makes Mario Galaxy pure fucking gold.

I was expecting it to be fun and it was for a bit. I might as well have been playing Mario 64 in Space and since I slaughtered Mario 64 this was just exactly the same game except 10 years later.

Matrix game looked awesome but did you not read reviews etc? Thats what put me off tbh. Looked good but that about it.

I got it on PC (Which can run Doom 3 flawlessly)....the wheels on the cars were square. No joke.

I can see how AC was, but how is Mass Effect a let down? I loved it personally:smile:

Play KOTOR.

Wind Waker

GTFO

Sexual Intercourse - Oh, where we talking about games?

Erm . . . I agree with Jav and have had the same experiance about Metroid, until I played three and finally got into it.

Mario Galaxy is awesome, so is Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Wind Waker.

I personally hate Metroid Prime. All 3 of them. I've bought them becuase they get recieved so well, but i play them and get bored ever so quickly. FPS/exploration doesn't work for me. And i always fall for it! Metroid Prime sucks, i should just stick with my opinion and stop believing i might actually like the crappy thing.

You hate all 3 MP games, yet you bought them all? Now here's an example of a slow learner :heh:

Metroid Prime 2 was a letdown for me. After the bullshit 'Clue' scavenger hunt they had at the end of Prime, they had it again in Echoes which really bored me to tears.

Prime = awesome

Echoes = bull shit.

Corruption = great, but not quite as good as Prime.

I was expecting it to be fun and it was for a bit. I might as well have been playing Mario 64 in Space and since I slaughtered Mario 64 this was just exactly the same game except 10 years later.

So you dont play games much because exactly the same game except years later?

It's a good game. I just wish that they had managed to finish making the game before they released it. It feels like an early beta.

So you dont play games much because exactly the same game except years later?

Well I got incredibly bored of GTAIV as well. Twilight Princess was uninspiring. There has to be something to hook me and Mario being in space was entertaining for about an hour.

Well I got incredibly bored of GTAIV as well. Twilight Princess was uninspiring. There has to be something to hook me and Mario being in space was entertaining for about an hour.

Awesome stuff here.

There has to be something to hook me and Mario being in space was entertaining for about an hour.

What I loved was people were really bumming the fact that "Mario could walk round entire planets!" Yay. If they weren't as big as my house I could get behind it.

Prime = awesome

Echoes = bull shit.

Corruption = great, but not quite as good as Prime.

This is pretty much my opinion as well. The original Prime is the best game on the Gamecube and one of the best games of the PS2 generation.

I forgot about Twilight Princess, mainly because it was so forgettable. Add that my list. Wind Waker was a really good game, everything went wrong with Twilight Princess.

I forgot about Twilight Princess, mainly because it was so forgettable. Add that my list. Wind Waker was a really good game, everything went wrong with Twilight Princess.

How so?

I've done the same (As in buying all 3) I keep buying them because i think they'd be better than the previous, although that doesn't seem to be the case. I usually get about 2/3 hour in and then become bored.

Did people that played Metroid Prime series play Super Metroid first?

The Metroid series was alway about exploration thats why Metroid Prime series is known as FPA.

Oh yeah, Metroid Prime 2. Why, oh why, did they decide to spell the whole plot as if it was some generic game? And how come every single section of the planet involved doing the same thing? Couldn't we at least explore the area before already knowing there were 3 important keys there?

MP2 is a good game, but damn, it totally pales in comparison with the original.

And how come people bought the 3 Metroid Prime games when they didn't like the first one? I didn't like Mario Kart: DD, and I ain't buying another Mario Kart anytime soon.

What I loved was people were really bumming the fact that "Mario could walk round entire planets!" Yay. If they weren't as big as my house I could get behind it.

The question is: Can you walk round your house as if it were a small planet? Can you do this in other games? :heh:

Now seriously, I haven't played Mario Galaxy, but that is a very weak argument. You certainly didn't convince me that what you said is a flaw.

How so?

See, just as you think WW is crap, some people also think TP is crap.

WW Haters: "The game is too short, too easy and the sailing/triforce quest is boring."

TP Haters: "The game is bland, empty, unoriginal and feels rushed, despite the ginormous time in development."

Opinions, you know? :wink:

How so?

What? Why is Wind Waker good or was is Twilight Princess bad?

Wind Waker was a solid, fun title that occasionally showed a little bit of genius. The dungeons were too small, easy and there weren't enough of them, but they were pretty fun and well designed for the most part.

Everything in Twilight Princess is uninspired and dull.

I know. It was fun but it only was only a minor twist on the whole thing.

Biggest let down: you.

Yes, you.

I tell myself that every day.

The question is: Can you walk round your house as if it were a small planet? Can you do this in other games? :heh:

Now seriously, I haven't played Mario Galaxy, but that is a very weak argument. You certainly didn't convince me that what you said is a flaw.

I can't do a lot of things I do in video games, doesn't mean I want to. The whole gravity mechanic isn't a flaw, it's just not that amazing.

See, just as you think WW is crap, some people also think TP is crap.

WW Haters: "The game is too short, too easy and the sailing/triforce quest is boring."

TP Haters: "The game is bland, empty, unoriginal and feels rushed, despite the ginormous time in development."

Opinions, you know? :wink:

If you look at the earlier screenshots and video and read early previews you can see that with the delay they actually took stuff out. That isn't an opinion, that's fact