NEurope

Question;

How long until Sarah Connor Series 2 comes out on DVD?

I loved teh first series, which I bought on DVD, as I couldn't watch it any other way. So I assumed I'd just have to wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD to watch it.

Then of course, I realised I HAD Virgin 1...but I refuse to watch a series from anywhere other than the first episode.

So yeah. How long till the series ends/ the box set comes out?

Question;

How long until Sarah Connor Series 2 comes out on DVD?

I loved teh first series, which I bought on DVD, as I couldn't watch it any other way. So I assumed I'd just have to wait for Season 2 to come out on DVD to watch it.

Then of course, I realised I HAD Virgin 1...but I refuse to watch a series from anywhere other than the first episode.

So yeah. How long till the series ends/ the box set comes out?

Safe guess August (USA), as they tend to be released just before the new season starts.

Red Dwarf: Back to Earth.

Red Dwarf stars Rimmer (Chris Barrie), Kryten (Robert Llewellyn), Lister (Craig Charles) and Cat (Danny John-Jules) visit the set of ITV soap Coronation Street as part of a two-part Easter weekend special. Red Dwarf: Back to Earth will be broadcast on digital channel Dave on 10 April.

1.jpg

Now that The Simpsons is in HD they seem to have updated the intro

My favourite part was the fact you could read the till price as before it was always blurry and was apparently a joke that (whatever the figure is) is (or was in the 80s) the cost of raising a child per year.

If you're going to use computer and 3D to scroll past things, at least have the things in 3D.

Sheesh, its not that bad, its still enjoyable. The Simpsons hate does my head in. I'm not saying its as good as it was by a LONG way, but its hardly crap or unwatchable.

[/Rant]

Sheesh, its not that bad, its still enjoyable. The Simpsons hate does my head in. I'm not saying its as good as it was by a LONG way, but its hardly crap or unwatchable.

[/Rant]

At least someone talks sense. I'm surprised its ReZ :p (Jokes!)

It may not be as funny, although I think some episodes are! Its still one of my favourite shows on television and I'd never say no to watching it. In fact, I really miss it now :( *wants to go home and watch Simpsons*

No, sorry I hate to be rude but my dad, my brother and I watch the Simpsons every night, hell it was the main part of our lives, but not only is it not funny anymore, it is embarrassing, and an insult to what were the funniest (maybe ten) series of any show ever. The original show was brilliant. Now its like watching the corpse of my childhood dog being used as a prop in a panto. I just can't sit through them anymore because it makes me so angry. Let it die.

No, sorry I hate to be rude but my dad, my brother and I watch the Simpsons every night, hell it was the main part of our lives, but not only is it not funny anymore, it is embarrassing, and an insult to what were the funniest (maybe ten) series of any show ever. The original show was brilliant. Now its like watching the corpse of my childhood dog being used as a prop in a panto. I just can't sit through them anymore because it makes me so angry. Let it die.

Sorry guys, long post.

LazyBoy speaks the truth. I know it's easy to jump on the Simpson's hate wagon, but I don't think it's even a good show anymore.

The plot lines in the new episodes are ridiculous (and they are really really ridiculous) but that's not even the main problem. It's just not funny. There is no subtlety, no pacing, absolutely NO sense of comedic timing, and they keep introducing wacky new characters every week as an excuse to get celebrities on there. They're basically doing the exact same things they made fun of in the Poochy episode.

The show has completely lost its heart, and is entirely reliant on non-sequiturs and, very poorly, making fun of itself. Yes, you could say that some of the earlier episodes had better plotlines and characterizations that both made sense and related to the plot, but ultimately it doesn't matter if the show isn't funny.

And the characters have devolved throughout the show.

Bart used to be a mischievous kid but had morals (eg in the Christmas episode where he stole the videogame, he wasn't mad because he got caught, he hurt Marge's feelings) The Bart of today would do that obnoxious laugh and run around the house. They've turned him into a completely one note mindless character who used to be an underachiever but is now just retarded.

Lisa used to be a little mischevious as any 8 year old would be. She was smart but would get involved in some of Bart's smaller scale schemes. Now she acts like she's 30 all the time, always right and almost inevitably, everyone gradually comes around to her way of thinking.

All Marge seems to do now is nag nag nag nag nag nag nag.

Homer used to be an unintelligent guy who would do anything for his family. They've turned him into a selfish and violent person who cares for no one, he used to be flawed but lovable.

I found a good synopsis of the first episode:

Homer doesn't get his Christmas bonus so he tries to salvage the family Christmas; Homer saves money by buying little cheap gifts (and works as a Santa); Bart is a brat but he has a rationale behind it (wants to get a tattoo with 'Mother' on it to impress Marge, not just to be obnoxious); Bart and Homer bond at the race track after Bart discovers Homer working as a Santa; Santa's Little Helper joins the family as a result of how bad he is as a greyhound and is a completely accidental 'good present' from Homer.

Here's how it would probably play out with the writers they have now:

Homer gets a bonus but blows it on some random, idiotic thing (...Let's go with dog sledding insurance); Homer does some inane crap unrelated to the plot; Bart runs into an antique store and breaks things "because he's bad, it's what he does" (forcing Marge to use the Christmas money to pay for everything); Homer strangles bart; Lisa is sad that Christmas is ruined (contradicting her normal moral and secular stances...which happens quite frequently) and Homer gets Santa's Little Helper from the pound as a dog to cheer up Lisa.

Anyway I guess The Simpsons is just not for me anymore.

oddly: the decline of the simpsons has come about with the rise in quality from South Park- which I can very easily call the funniest comedy series in the world now.

I don't mind people disliking The Simpsons anymore, it has certainly declined in quality, but what is annoying is everytime you mention The Simpsons the "it-hasn't-been-good-sincers" come out of the woodwork for a quick round of self-involved moaning.

I don't mind people disliking The Simpsons anymore, it has certainly declined in quality, but what is annoying is everytime you mention The Simpsons the "it-hasn't-been-good-sincers" come out of the woodwork for a quick round of self-involved moaning.

*Applauds manically*

Oh i'm sorry is my opinion annoying you? This is the first time i've stated that opinion here, but since someone else has already said something to the same effect I guess I don't get to state my opinion. You know I think Heroes has declined in quality but I won't bother mentioning it because someone else has probably said the same thing already on these boards, and god forbid I taint your browsing experience.

Nice post tiny. For a show I used to love its worth giving it the time to discuss its quality decline.

oddly: the decline of the simpsons has come about with the rise in quality from South Park- which I can very easily call the funniest comedy series in the world now.

<3. I need to watch the most recent series. The last I've seen was the series with 'scissor me timbers' and the 300 spoof, which was just absolutely amazing.

South Park is great, there's just too many of them! They churn so many episodes out i often find it hard to talk about because people havn't seen the ones i've seen and vice versa. I have to be in the mood for it too else it just doesn't work for me.

I'm with Ashley on the Simpsons. Everyone knows its gotten a bit shit, apart from the movie that is. People should just remember how great it was for a change.

Oh i'm sorry is my opinion annoying you?

Not at all. Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more but you tend to mention the simpsons and it turns into;

"its not been good since season ten"

"nah mate its not been gud since sesson 12"

"you're idiots its not been good since the 8th season"

And so on and so forth. Its that benign (lack of) discussion that annoys me.

As I said, you're welcome to dislike it but its the flies-on-shit situation that it causes which is annoying.

Not at all. Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more but you tend to mention the simpsons and it turns into;

"its not been good since season ten"

"nah mate its not been gud since sesson 12"

"you're idiots its not been good since the 8th season"

And so on and so forth. Its that benign (lack of) discussion that annoys me.

As I said, you're welcome to dislike it but its the flies-on-shit situation that it causes which is annoying.

Well as long as you weren't flaming mine and LazyBoy's posts because they were a little more than 'OMG Season 9 woz wen it all went downhiiillll!!1!!', because I agree, that's not a discussion, that's just mindless, so let's leave it at that.

Any way, South Park. In my opinion it's always been great because it's changed with the times and has grown up with the people watching it.

I feel as though when it first came out it appealed to a lot of the younger audience because of the foulness of it, and as they got older, the controversy seemed less shocking, so while the show pushed the boundaries of what it could show on television, it began to deal with real issues and dealt with them in a clever and funny way, often making fun of both sides of an argument. Let's hope Trey and Matt can keep it feeling so fresh.

i.e. Fox are incompetent morons who believe the lowest common denominator is the best way to go.

Yes Glau and Dushku are hot. Anyone with eyes can see that thanks.