NEurope

I agree, but what gets me is that they've currently got 4 episodes and are contemplating doing a few more -- so what, they've got an ending already but they might patch a few more bits on afterwards? Or have they not yet filmed their ultimate finalé, but don't really care? Hum!

We all knew it was the last season anyway so its not a big deal that they've officially 'cancelled' it.

Exec producer Matt Olmstead tells EW exclusively that there was ''nowhere to go beyond this season,'' adding that he ''didn't want the show to become a parody of itself.'' Ratings-wise, the decision was easy since viewership is down 22 percent from last year.

Luckily, fans will get some closure. Break returns April 17 to air its remaining six episodes. Michael and Lincoln (Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell) will finally catch a break -- at a huge cost -- in May's finale. Says Olmstead, ''There will be deaths.'' But since Fox extended Break's 22-episode order by two hours earlier this year, that ''finale'' may not even be the show's last gasp. Olmstead has filmed a couple of extra segments that he says ''address a couple of other storylines [and] can play as a standalone .''

What's more, there are rumblings that Break might get a stay of execution under somewhat different circumstances. Explains exec producer Dawn Parouse, ''I would love to do a show about a women's prison. It would have to be a fresh start -- if not by us, then somebody.''

A female prison might be good, but i fear they've already visited so many prison avenues that it would feel regurgitated.

Gossip Girl Spin Off is in the works

While earlier the official statement was "there is no approved concept and/or confirmation of a Gossip Girl spin-off at this time" the news now is that yes, there is going to be a spin-off, and yes, it's going to focus on a younger Lily romping around Hollywood in the '80s.

Written by Gossip creators/executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, the spin-off begins when Lily moves to the San Fernando Valley with her outcast sister following an argument with her parents. Departing from a world of luxury to the valley that Lily once made fun of, she goes over the hill into Hollywood, where we're sure she gets into a bunch of trouble and scandalous situations.

And that's where she ends up dating rocker Rufus and getting preggers.

Not based on the Gossip Girl books or their own spin-off series, Schwartz and Savage selected their characters, timeframe, and location because "We didn't want to upset the chemistry of our cast — all of whom are crucial to the show. Nor did we want to dilute New York City as a character."

At first I thought it was bogus (as its been 'announced' twice already) but does seem to be real. Which is kinda annoying because 1) Gossip Girl is only about 30-odd episodes 'old' and 2) Sounds like The OC with bad fashion.

At first I thought it was bogus (as its been 'announced' twice already) but does seem to be real. Which is kinda annoying because 1) Gossip Girl is only about 30-odd episodes 'old' and 2) Sounds like The OC with bad fashion.

I agree completely. I think it'll be terrible. Gossip Girl works because it's...well actually I am amazed it works so well. There's no way they can pull it off twice.

Oh and something else; Lily and Rufus' relationship annoys me. Granted when they were teens (and actually I wouldn't mind seeing Lily's photography career) they have some excuses but now they're 30-odd and really should stop acting like children.

Hey, at least Lincoln Hawk may have more than one song now :p (although 'Everytime You Walk Away' is catchy)

In other news 30 Rock has been renewed for a 4th Season :D (and the american office has been renewed and they're doing a spin off)

lol

CW producer, Dawn Ostroff wants to replace Smallville with New Melrose Place next year (despite Smallville being the channel's highest rated show). They are asking the Smallville creators to create an ending for the show this season.

lol

CW producer, Dawn Ostroff wants to replace Smallville with New Melrose Place next year (despite Smallville being the channel's highest rated show). They are asking the Smallville creators to create an ending for the show this season.

Wouldn't really pay to much attention to that. Other more reliable sources have already stated that a 9th season is just about in the bag.

As its starting in just under a month (in America) Dollhouse related material is beginning to become available. Handy little 'What is Dollhouse' promo released by Fox for anyone interested;

As its starting in just under a month (in America) Dollhouse related material is beginning to become available. Handy little 'What is Dollhouse' promo released by Fox for anyone interested;

I'll tune into that when it comes out here, if it's available on any freeview channels.

Dunno if it looks like the kinda thing that'll last, but we'll see.

I've been interested in DollHouse but did not really have any idea of what it was about! That looks really good to me. :D

I just hope it doesn't get cancelled...

I noticed something interesting in the TV guide.

Pushing Daises Season 2 is starting on ITV next week with episode "1 of 13".

Looks like there may be hope. Although we'll still have to wait until around April.

An excerpt from an interview with Howard Gordon, 24's executive producer. :(

"I take it one hour at a time. The important thing is to find the right end to the show. Kiefer feels this way [too] and it's entirely possible the eighth year will be the last year. This is me talking, but we'll know when it's time to leave. We won't want to be dressing a corpse. As long as we can figure out a story that means something to Jack - but we don't want to be glutinous about it and make it go on forever."

There's talk of a movie too, Kiefer Sutherland reckons Jack Bauer is going to die. Damn it.

And the presmise itself has been a tad overstretched. Seriously how many conveniently-twenty-four-hours bad days can this one middle aged person kick and shoot his way through?

And the presmise itself has been a tad overstretched. Seriously how many conveniently-twenty-four-hours bad days can this one middle aged person kick and shoot his way through?

Eight, evidently.

And a TV movie and a possible other movie :p

As I've said before, the concept seems like it was made for regular newbies but they were smitten with Sutherland and dug themselves into a hole.

IGN's Top 100 Animated Series

100- Josie and the Pussycats

99- MASK

98- Clerks

97- The Smurfs

96- Star Trek: The Animated Series

95- Fullmetal Alchemist

94- The Boondocks

93- Darkwing Duck

92- Rugrats

91- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law

90- Afro Samurai

89- Star Wars: The Clone Wars

88- The Woody Woodpecker Show

87- Frisky Dingo

86- Astro Boy

85- Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

84- Spider-Man (1994)

83- Teen Titans

82- Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids

81- TaleSpin

80- Alvin and the Chipmunks

79- Sealab 2021

78- Dragon Ball Z

77- Jonny Quest

76- Voltron: Defender of the Universe

75- Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist

74- Underdog

73- Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

72- Dexter's Laboratory

71- Johnny Bravo

70- Pokemon

69- Mighty Mouse

68- Popeye

67- The Pink Panther Show

66- Tom and Jerry

65- Todd McFarlane's Spawn

64- Dungeons & Dragons

63- The Huckleberry Hound Show

62- Danger Mouse

61- Count Duckula

60- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers

59- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

58- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983)

57- Invader ZIM

56- The Venture Bros.

55- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)

54- Inspector Gadget

53- Freakazoid

52- Galaxy High

51- Death Note

50- SuperFriends

49- ThunderCats

48- Duckman

47- Pinky and the Brain

46- The Jetsons

45- Gargoyles

44- Battle of the Planets

43- Samurai Jack

42- The Powerpuff Girls

41- Tiny Toon Adventures

40. Batman Beyond

39. Aqua Teen Hunger Force

38. Naruto

37. Space Ghost Coast to Coast

36. Superman: The Animated Series

35. Avatar: The Last Airbender

34. Robotech

33. Schoolhouse Rock

32. Liquid Television

31. Muppet Babies

30. Spectacular Spider-Man

29. Speed Racer

28. Home Movies

27. King of the Hill

26. The Critic

25. Robot Chicken

24. Scooby-Doo Where are You

23. Transformers

22. Real Ghostbusters -

21. Star Wars: Clone Wars(2003) -

20. Justice League/Unlimited

19. G.I Joe

18. Ducktales

17. Animaniacs

16. The MAXX

15. SpongeBob SquarePants

14. Cowboy Bebop

13. X-Men

12. The Ren and Stimpy Show

11. The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

10. Neon Genesis Evangelion

9. Flinstones

8. Futurama

7. Family Guy

6. The Tick

5. Beavis and Butthead

4. South Park

3. Looney Tunes

2. Batman: The Animated Series

1. The Simpsons

Ren & Stimpy isn't #1

this is a fundamentally flawed list ad can't be trusted

no angry beavers, no Swat Kats, no DogCat, ahhhhhhhhh real monsters, no moonies, no Sharky and George !

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing should be higher