NEurope

Its funny how many of us Brits accept American shows and find them funny while it is reversal over there and they don't accept Brit shows hardly.

American humour is much easier to get than our humour. They just don't understand it, whereas we can easily get theirs. It's odd, but Americans are weird.

Plus for the most part, they make excellent tv shows whereas we...just don't anymore.

American humour is much easier to get than our humour.

Could that be down to the fact that the humour used is as subtle as a sledgehammer? Canned laughter?

Whatever happened to great British comedies like The Royle Family? Or even Only Fools and Horses? (which did use canned laughter for the most part, although it was used accordingly).

Prison Break should end at the end of this season anyway i hope, as awesome as it is.

I hope Lipstick Jungle sticks around longer though. There's only been three eps in this country, i dont know about over there, but it seems okay at least. Would be a shame to drop it so soon.

Could that be down to the fact that the humour used is as subtle as a sledgehammer? Canned laughter?

Whatever happened to great British comedies like The Royle Family? Or even Only Fools and Horses? (which did use canned laughter for the most part, although it was used accordingly).

I agree, British comedies aren't what they used to be. They should do a Fast Show comeback.

Vicar Of Dibley?

Oh how I love Dawn French <3

The series is finished.

The series is finished.

I know :/

Flinky was pointing out classic British comedy shows, I thought I would add my favourite :heh:

*Orgasms*

Jack & Karen (From Will & Grace) look to be getting their own show. Apparently they are filming a pilot which will be ready for this time next year.

*Orgasms more*

*Orgasms*

Jack & Karen (From Will & Grace) look to be getting their own show. Apparently they are filming a pilot which will be ready for this time next year.

*Orgasms more*

What?!

FUCKING YESSS :D

*hopes it will be good*

Hopefully it'll be as good as Joey was compared to Friends. (It was not good.)

Hopefully it'll be as good as Joey was compared to Friends. (It was not good.)

I think the reason that didn't work is the fact Joey was just a one dimensional character. He worked well when there were other, stronger characters for him to play off. Jack & Karen should work because they were the stronger characters in the series - they worked so well together, with or without Will & Grace.

I think the reason that didn't work is the fact Joey was just a one dimensional character. He worked well when there were other, stronger characters for him to play off. Jack & Karen should work because they were the stronger characters in the series - they worked so well together, with or without Will & Grace.

I agree, they weren't really in the same scenes as Will and Grace most of the time anyway, they usually had their own separate storylines.

Yeah but it was all very shallow. Nothing of substance. Which makes for fine comedy, but not necessarily a good story. Still. Interesting.

And anyone wanting a Megan Mullaney (sp?) fix she's in 30 Rock's third season premiere :D

I just found out about Virtuality, the next show from Ronald D. Moore and Michael Taylor (Battlestar Galactica).

It sounds very interesting.

It's another sci-fi. It's set aboard Earth's first interstellar starship, the Phaeton, and it's crew of 12 people. They are on a mission to a distant system.

However, it's a 10-year journey of travelling through pretty much nothing. The ship is equipped with a virtual reality device, which seems to be the main part of the series (rather than the destination). Of course, there's probably going to be some downside to the virtual reality thing.

It certainly sounds like a great concept, and the focus on virtual reality means that there are a lot of options, and limiting the real characters like this seems like an interesting thing to do.

So, it's another "more drama than sci-fi" TV show. It'd be fantastic if it was just half as good as BSG.

Character/Cast Details

Anyone remember the Battlestar Galactica prequel, Caprica, that was supposed to air (the pilot episode only) last month on Sky One?

Well, it seems that we'll have to wait until 2010 to see it, along with 19 other episodes.

Still. I hope an early version leaks. I'm not really that convinced on the series.

As it's set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica it'd be interesting if it went up to the start of the First Cylon War (which ended 40 years before BGS - it hasn't been said how long it went on for).

Hmm. Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is doing a new series called 'Party Down' about a bunch of wannabe actors who have a catering business in Hollywood. This much I knew.

However Ken Marino and Ryan Hansen (both VM) are going to be in it. Its being produced by John Enbom (VM, Sarah Connor and others), Dan Etheridge (VM...others?) and Paul Rudd (whose been in every movie ever) are producing/writing.

Also stars some of the lesser known Apatow crew: http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Two-Veronica-Mars-Vets-Cast-In-Starz-Series-Party-Down-14105.html

Could be interesting...

Perhaps one day someone other than me will post in this... :[

Joss Schwartz (The O.C., Chuck, Gossip Girl)'s new internet TV series looks interesting: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/newmedia/la-et-rockville10-2008nov10,0,4114021.story

About a bunch of cash-strapped music fans who frequent a club. Featuring real bands who performed live so its like extended music videos. Considering he's bought along Alexandra Patsavas (whose worked on The O.C. and GG as the music supervisor) it could be alright.

Plus has Ryan Hansen in :p

Perhaps one day someone other than me will post in this... :[

Joss Schwartz (The O.C., Chuck, Gossip Girl)'s new internet TV series looks interesting: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/newmedia/la-et-rockville10-2008nov10,0,4114021.story

About a bunch of cash-strapped music fans who frequent a club. Featuring real bands who performed live so its like extended music videos. Considering he's bought along Alexandra Patsavas (whose worked on The O.C. and GG as the music supervisor) it could be alright.

Plus has Ryan Hansen in :p

Forgive me if i'm wrong here (i only skimmed the article) but each episode is only four minutes? As much as I love Josh can't see me be interested in this at all. I also hope he doesn't take on too much. I wouldn't like to see his other shows suffering a dip in quality. He's done fairly well so far to avoid 'second season' syndrome, which killed The OC.

Forgive me if i'm wrong here (i only skimmed the article) but each episode is only four minutes? As much as I love Josh can't see me be interested in this at all. I also hope he doesn't take on too much. I wouldn't like to see his other shows suffering a dip in quality. He's done fairly well so far to avoid 'second season' syndrome, which killed The OC.

It is a web series. They're never very long anyway. As I say, its basically like an extended music video.

And to be fair I don't think Josh does much with the day-to-day of Gossip Girl. Because I know he's quite involved in Chuck and considering they film on the two different coasts I can't see how he can (even with internet and stuff to help I think he leaves the show in the hands of Stephanie whatsherface).

It is a web series. They're never very long anyway. As I say, its basically like an extended music video.

And to be fair I don't think Josh does much with the day-to-day of Gossip Girl. Because I know he's quite involved in Chuck and considering they film on the two different coasts I can't see how he can (even with internet and stuff to help I think he leaves the show in the hands of Stephanie whatsherface).

Actually i'd thunk it to be the other way. The idea for Chuck actually came from Chris Fedak (co-creator), do i'd have though he'd be in day-to-day control, leaving Josh to spent more time on GG. Not to undermine Stephanie Savage in any way (she an awesome writer), not sure what she's like as a show runner though.

Actually i'd thunk it to be the other way. The idea for Chuck actually came from Chris Fedak (co-creator), do i'd have though he'd be in day-to-day control, leaving Josh to spent more time on GG. Not to undermine Stephanie Savage in any way (she an awesome writer), not sure what she's like as a show runner though.

Hmm well GG was being developed by Stephanie Savage and she (or the CW or someone) approached JS to help. Plus with Rockford, CA being filmed in LA I'd presume thats where he's based.

Lord knows, I can't be bothered to try and find out through interviews or whatever anyway

doubleu tee eff?!?!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090109/ap_on_en_tv/people_hall

NEW YORK – They play brother and sister on "Dexter." Now in real life, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are husband and wife. Hall's spokesman, Craig Bankey, said on Friday that the couple eloped in California on New Year's Eve. They'll walk the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday — the first time publicly acknowledging their relationship.

Hall, 37, and Carpenter, 29, just finished the third season of "Dexter," the Showtime series in which Hall plays the murderous title character. They've been quietly dating for about a year and a half.

Wow, thats weird, i don't think i can think of them in the same way again

They have been dating for about 18 months oh and THEY'RE ACTORS :p

At least its not obviously they're fucking, unlike the creepy Ventigimilatinagolaoni and Paniettere.