NEurope

Don't see why. They just prefer a much simpler combat system.

The system in bayonetta is not even complex. Just deeper and immense fun.

ah right cool...well played the demo and I'll give its dues the odd graphically flourishes and crazy art direction are amazing but the combat didn't really do much for me..think would prefer the zelda/gow induced darksiders.

Bayonetta is one game which I did not think much to the demo but loved the full game. That said, I think I would've rather rented it since I can't see myself going back to it any time soon.

Darksiders is great too though so you can't go wrong.

I'm not sure induced is the word you were looking for.

:heh:

I'm not sure induced is the word you were looking for.

:heh:

If it were 'inspired' then it'd make sense but I digress...

Bayonetta is fantastic, I know what you mean about the 'rental' thing though, I've beaten it once and won't go back for a while and so like a lot of games I own, have completed and want to go back to at some point they are just sitting around which makes me thing 'hmm I could have rented that...' but then again at least owning them means they are there for when I want to play them and am not at the mercy of finding a rental copy/worrying if it will work or not - despite many rental places taking better care of their discs they do still get scratched badly sometimes - but yes, 'To rent or not to rent' always seems to be the immortal question these days especially as there are so many - read: too many - games available. :hmm:

Bayonetta is a cracking game, but for fuck's sake, I'm not playing it.

I'm stuck with Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed 1 ('cos I completed AC2 and only played the first one for about five minutes over 2 years ago. And then when I complete Mass Effect 2 I'm going to go back and play the first one proper because I started that one loads of times and never got past the Citadel.)

Intertwine that with random playings of Rock Band 2 and Beatles Rock Band and you can see I'm doing something incorrect. :blank:

Do I know that I'm doing it wrong? Yes.

Could I give a flying fuck that I'm doing it wrong? No.

Well, that's that, then.

Started this yesterday, I'm liking it, but at the moment it just seems to be walking 10 metres to a minute long cutscene, some pimpsmacking, then another long cutscene.

mm, yeah that's pretty much how it goes. The cut scenes are just rotten guff to be honest but the game is so good.

Currently replaying for collectibles before tackling Hard mode fully tricked out.

mm, yeah that's pretty much how it goes. The cut scenes are just rotten guff to be honest but the game is so good.

I hope you're right. At the moment it just feels like a pretty looking, but simple button basher. Kinda like Soul Calibur II.

The gold/platinum awards are mounting up on my play history. First time I took out those...leaping claw motherfuckers without taking a hit today. Took out two of the dog bastards flawlessly straight after too. Boom Boom Pow.

Sadly, I missed out a hidden verse right at the end which I forgot to look for. Rats.

I'm dragging this up from the depths a bit here, but I think it's valid.

Bought this today, very cheap - £12.99, definitely worth a purchase so far, it's so much fun and I'm only on chapter 2. It reminds me of Devil may cry but it's more light hearted, such as the music when you fight at the start etc.

I'm hoping this will be as good as I get nearer the end.

I'm dragging this up from the depths a bit here, but I think it's valid.

Bought this today, very cheap - £12.99, definitely worth a purchase so far, it's so much fun and I'm only on chapter 2. It reminds me of Devil may cry but it's more light hearted, such as the music when you fight at the start etc.

I'm hoping this will be as good as I get nearer the end.

Gets better the more you get into the game. One word of advice though, don't stop playing the game for a long time then try to go back to it. You totally lose your 'mojo' and enemies will slaughter you till you get back into the groove of how the game works.

Gets better the more you get into the game. One word of advice though, don't stop playing the game for a long time then try to go back to it. You totally lose your 'mojo' and enemies will slaughter you till you get back into the groove of how the game works.

Ah ok, well I plan to try and finish it this week. :)

I was just moaning today to a friend about how awesome Bayonetta is and how I won't be able to play it until I get another 360. Uncanny.

It really is an awesome game. I liked the most recent DMC, but I never really got into it. Bayonetta just seems to be more fun. I think the controls/movement are a bit better too.

I was just moaning today to a friend about how awesome Bayonetta is and how I won't be able to play it until I get another 360. Uncanny.

It really is an awesome game. I liked the most recent DMC, but I never really got into it. Bayonetta just seems to be more fun. I think the controls/movement are a bit better too.

Exactly, I have DMC4 downstairs but I couldn't quite put my finger on why I don't like it that much.

Gonna give bayonetta another play tonight and see how it goes, I really like the style of it.

Exactly, I have DMC4 downstairs but I couldn't quite put my finger on why I don't like it that much.

Exactly what I thought about DMC4 as well. Granted, I hadn't played the previous entries in the series but when it comes to describing why I didn't like the game, I just can't quite put my finger on it. It made me unsure about playing Bayonetta as I thought it would be more of the same but it was just leagues better in my opinion.

I never did finish it though. Got side tracked by Darksiders and then Mass Effect 2 and then Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and so on, and so on to the point where I just forgot about going back to it as I had too much new stuff to play. Will need to start it again at some point.

Ive enjoyed the likes of DMC4 and NG2 but i must say Bayonetta is the best out the bunch. I loved playing through it and completed it several times, excellent combat, style, humour, music etc etc!!!

Good to hear it continues being nice.

Gonna give it another shot in a bit, will probably ask a bunch of questions.

Exactly what I thought about DMC4 as well. Granted, I hadn't played the previous entries in the series but when it comes to describing why I didn't like the game, I just can't quite put my finger on it. It made me unsure about playing Bayonetta as I thought it would be more of the same but it was just leagues better in my opinion.

I never did finish it though. Got side tracked by Darksiders and then Mass Effect 2 and then Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and so on, and so on to the point where I just forgot about going back to it as I had too much new stuff to play. Will need to start it again at some point.

If I was you, I would start at the beginning of bayonetta, as the enemies half way through are a pain in the arse, and if you struggle to do dodges into witch time, they will murder you.

Anyways, I played DMC1, DMC3 avoided DMC2, but of all of them, DMC4 was disappointing. I think the bosses just weren't as enjoyable as what had come before, Nero was a bit too whiny, the story was garbage compared to the previous entries, and even the weapons weren't as interesting. In essence, I think DMC lost a little of the soul that had permeated it's predecessors. That and they put a bloody time limit in Bloody Palace mode. Grrrrr.