NEurope
Retro_Link

Lost In Blue

The news of a Wii version was announced a while ago

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9945/

Lost in Blue Lands on Wii

Konami have confirmed recent rumours of the Lost in Blue series heading from DS to Wii.

The company have updated the official Lost in Blue product page with an addition for the Wii (Survival Kids in Japan). Siliconera reports that there'll be support for two players and some form of online play.

First images:

70261520080515_173458_0_big.jpg

70261520080515_173459_2_big.jpg

70261520080515_173500_3_big.jpg

70261520080515_173500_4_big.jpg

70261520080515_173501_7_big.jpg

More images:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news27137_images-lost-in-blue-wii.html

Does look pretty aweful!

Konami support for the Wii has been abit lackluster really! Apart from Pro Evo!

DS ones were meant to be shit as well.

What's with the cartoony presentation? Looks bland and uninspiring. Not expecting much at all.

Wow. My graphical standards are pretty low as I thought it looked ok :red:

wow, did they do imagegrabs out of composite signal or something? that's nuts

EDIT: looks pretty crap, the water reminds me of Perfect Dark and some Dreamcast games; this said... the game has detailed shadows, something that other "without effort" stuff like Tales of Symphonia lack. So I don't think it is a new low... but low nonetheless.

Wow. My graphical standards are pretty low as I thought it looked ok :red:

Characters do look alright although VERY dull but look at the environments DJ. The one with the sea in the background is just totally unacceptable. I've seen better texturing on the DS.

Characters do look alright although VERY dull but look at the environments DJ. The one with the sea in the background is just totally unacceptable. I've seen better texturing on the DS.

Yeah you do have a point about the water. Mario 64 did better.

Konami support for the Wii has been abit lackluster really! Apart from Pro Evo!

Konami only support lineup these days is basically MGS4, a bunch of casual/non-games, sports, with a DS Castlevania thrown in every other year.

I didnt like the DS version but this looks ten times worse.

Heh, those screens really do look poor

That said, I didn't know LiB was confirmed for the wii ^.^

I loved the DS original... so will likely buy this, no matter how poor the reviews...

One thing is making it appeal to an audience that doesn't ask graphical flare, the other is this. They're trying to be shit!

One thing is making it appeal to an audience that doesn't ask graphical flare, the other is this. They're trying to be shit!
Well, if you look at Tales of Symphonia 2 they're making it appeal to a audience that ask for it and still trying to be shit; so these are a little better IMO.

I thought Lost in Blue could be good on Wii, but looking at the screenshots has pretty much cancelled out any potential hype I had. :hmm:

The characters do look cool and creative, but the scenery looks too bland, boring and dodgy in the same way that Pitfall on Wii does. I still think iLost in Blue is a concept that would work well in a Wii game, but more effort should be put into the graphics please.

Konami have released more information detailing Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked, scheduled to be released for the Nintendo Wii around spring this year.

"The Lost in Blue series débuts on a new platform for the first time ever with Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked (working title). Experience a survival adventure like never before through colourful 3D graphics and the uniquely interactive capabilities of the Nintendo Wii. You find yourself stranded on a mysterious island filled with lush forests, a sunken ship, ancient ruins, and an active volcano. With the help of a trusty pet and a new friend, you’ll explore the mysteries of the island to find a way out or make a new life for yourselves there forever."

Features:

* The first console version of the series greatly upgrades the visual quality and depth of the game, immersing the player in a survival adventure like never before.

* Vibrant 3D graphics paint the island environment, weather systems, and various items as more life-like than ever.

* Full use of Wii-mote and Nunchuk controls allow you to experience realistic movements with a variety of mini-games including fishing, carpentry, fire-making and more.

* An island tutorial and a greater focus on exploration enhances the accessibility and fun factor for new players.

* Dependable pets improve item gathering and provide entertainment by playing music or dancing with you.

* Recruit a friend for over 40 mini-games, including new, cooperative games – the better you play, the bigger your reward.

I guess they mean spring next year.

Screenshots

It's a shame this looks as poor as it does; it was great fun on the DS. That said, I was constantly surprised they kept remaking this game, as it wasn't very popular, and yet there were 3 DS games (LIB1/2/3). I guess someone somewhere likes it. LIB2 was the best though imho.