Beyond Good and Evil 2

D_prOdigy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For: X360 & PS3
Darn ubi.
I think Ancel might be bitter over Rayman Raving Rabbids and the general shit Ubisoft have been putting out on the Wii.
So bitter he's doing nothing to change it, and doing a game whose original version flopped for "more expensive" to develop consoles.

He's probably as guilty as Ubisoft.

Shame on Ubi!!!:(

And it's pitty that the sequel to a commercial flop won't come to the console where the first game sold better than the ps2/xbox versions combined!

Again,shame on Ubi!!!:(

They're idiots. simply put.

I mean... we've been making negative buzz for them for months, don't they know they actually have to deliver? don't they know the fricking white box is selling more than the other platforms?

And It's not snowboard cutted down mini games and rabbids for christs sake. Ubisoft is completly third rate.

They're idiots. simply put.

I mean... we've been making negative buzz for them for months, don't they know they actually have to deliver? don't they know the fricking white box is selling more than the other platforms?

And It's not snowboard cutted down mini games and rabbids for christs sake. Ubisoft is completly third rate.

Exactly. The premise of a Wii version of Beyond Good and Evil 2 has been Ubisoft's only good press for more than a year (except maybe Red Steel 2, but I don't hold much hope for that). I guarantee that the 360 and PS3 versions will flop just because the game is different and not a gritty FPS. Though saying that...

why the art change as well?

295wpc5nh8.jpg

Oh dear.

Holy crap, B&G2 was the only shining light UBi had in their possible future Wii releases, are they mad. Are they completely forgetting which console is performing best of the 3 at the moment. Are they forgetting that the orginal game sold best on the Gamecube and flopped on PS2 and Xbox because most of their userbase are just looking for the next rehashed yearly sports title or the next big FPS and are less likely to try new games, which is likely the same user base as the PS3 and 360. And I could imagine the motion controls for the Wii would have had many a developer giggling with ideas for B&G. So why do they continue to shaft us.

Plus the choice to go for ultra realism, WTF? I was hoping for some souped up version of the originals art style, which among many other things was what made the game such a joy to play.

The reason for 'all the hate' is that Ubisoft could have redeemed themselves for all the crap they've been putting out on the Wii with this.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=28652

Why the hell would Ancel majorly hint at Beyond Good and Evil 2 to Nintendo Power if it's going to be a 360/PS3 title? It flopped majorly on every console last generation, and I really hope it does the same here.

A Wii release, with the same graphical style as the last game, and with proper advertising, would fare marginally better in my opinion. These games sell on Nintendo consoles, not on the others.

Hmm... I'm not pleased. :/

I don't really like the new realism graphics they have made this with. The art style is one of the things I loved about the old ones. I was eager to see how they updated that teaser disappointed me.

I would have thought they'd put it on the Wii as this would have certainly restored my faith in Ubisoft but they have failed again...

It's good to see it's still being made though as the first one was genious. :)

Whats with all the hate? Didn't they already say it wouldn't be coming out for wii?
Heh, yeah right, like we'll hype ourselves when X360 and PS3 are confirmed and Wii isn't. And this is Ubisoft.

With luck we'll get Jade's Raving Uncle Page and Ubisoft will come out and say they're doing us a favor.

After two years of crap from them we should expect the worse, even more so when everything points to that. We just keep expecting they grow eyes or something.

Guys, cmon lets take a second to think. The first game was VERY graphical even if it was stylized and yes I also think that the change to realism is a pretty stupid. But hey, you can do realism in a stylized way, just look at GoW. But as I said, graphical. And which machine would you choose to realise a visual masterpiece? I wouldn't pick the Wii.

Personally, I wasn't getting my hopes up because I haven't seen Ancel do anything respect worthy in a while. Since AC Ubi have been giving ZBrush one massive hand job and I wouldn't expect them to make a high budget game without Normal Mapping from now on.

Pathetic effort.

I liked the trailer and we have only seen one environment which is a desert so I'm not judging the art direction yet. Pey'j doesn't look that bad and I really liked the planets in the background.

But aside from that I don't like the fact that the Wii is being left out yet again.

Last generation, Ubisoft were okay. They put out top quality games. This time around, ever since they made that statement that they wish to topple EA as the best publisher, they've just turned to shit, whilst EA have had a hit with almost every game they've published.

With this, we'll probably see the release of a DS 'complimentary experience' entitled Pigz, the 567th installment in Ubisoft's shitty 'z' Nintendogs rip-offs franchise starring Pey'z.

BG&E was very graphical? The style was great, but that's about it. I wasn't expecting it on the Wii, although it made much more sense sales wise, not to mention GC was the lead platform, but wtvr. Also, I kinda want to see the game, not a damn trailer!

But it's true, Ubi was one of the best last gen, now they're a pile of shit. I hope they don't screw this and Far Cry up.

BG&E was very graphical? The style was great, but that's about it. I wasn't expecting it on the Wii, although it made much more sense sales wise, not to mention GC was the lead platform, but wtvr. Also, I kinda want to see the game, not a damn trailer!

But it's true, Ubi was one of the best last gen, now they're a pile of shit. I hope they don't screw this and Far Cry up.

Of course they will screw FarCry. Tell me a version of FC that was good when they were dev-ing it? THe original made all of the others look B-list. Don't expect anything but shovel ware.

Some Ubisoft Wii games

Driver: Parallel Lines

Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII

Far Cry: Vengeance

Monster 4x4 World Circuit

Open Season

Pawly Pets: My Animal Hospital

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

GT Pro Series

Red Steel

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

My French Coach