NEurope
D_prOdigy

Beyond Good and Evil 2

When the original came out it was first on PS2 and Xbox, it was later ported to the GC as it didn't sell to well and they obviously wanted to recoup development costs.

It then sold more on the GC due to a lack of anything else that was third party and decent at the time, the thing is all three consoles of this generations were close in technical capabilities.

This generation, they are not, so Ubisoft are just doing the same thing as what they did with the first and thats releasing it on all platforms that can run it, the Wii quite simply can't.

Uhm... Are you suggesting the PS2 was more powerful than the GC? Because if I'm not mistaken, that's the reasoning behind your logic. Moreover, I think Pedro will be more than happy (and a bit annoyed perhaps) to present you the factsheets of both the xbox and the GC, which are more or less matched overall.

I don't think there's any logic behind this move of Ubi's.

They released the original first on the weakest and the - arguably - strongest hardware, then later on the other strongest. This gen, the Wii's the weakest of the three, and gets shafted.

On top of that, the probable motive behind releasing it on the PS2 back then, despite its hardware inferiority, was that it was the market leader. Nowadays, that honour belongs to the Wii, and people can shit all they want about user demographics, but if promoted correctly this would sell craploads more than on either other "true" next-gen systems.

Third party support-wise, things are more or less the same with the Wii now, so that's yet another argument for it to sell better on the Wii ;)

Colin you're the one who needs to wake up, what you're saying shows a complete lack of understanding of the market. Games don't need to sell millions to sell well, NMH is Suda's best selling game, it was a niche game and a small investment, it sold more than expected, specially in the US and with no advertising like Pedro said. If you're saying NMH bombed and Rising Star were only happy because they're small, so it still bombed, the same can be sad about Ubi's games, they cost 5$ to make, but they need to sell 5 millions or they'll bomb? Also let's not lump developers and publishers together.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this on the Wii, try to read, it's perfectly normal they'd do this on 360/PS3, but it wouldn't be misplaced on the Wii either, because the argument that the people who had a gc now only have ps3/360 is bull as they most likely have a Wii too and are always complaining that want games like this on Wii. Also, SCG, I'm not 100% sure, but I think GC was the lead development platform, not the other way around

Noku fact sheets alone won't do much, different architectures can't be compared just by looking at specs like that :P

Don't think I'll bother saying much more, but I do echo SGC's post from before which really did sum it up.

Noku fact sheets alone won't do much, different architectures can't be compared just by looking at specs like that :P

Okay okay, so I meant something in the sense of "perceived output potential," big whoop, wanna fight about it? :D

Again, learn to read, no one's saying that logic is wrong.

Okay okay, so I meant something in the sense of "perceived output potential," big whoop, wanna fight about it? :D

Nah, it's OK, we'll fight another day.

It rhymes!

I love the No More Heroes argument, NOTHING Suda51 makes should be used as benchmark.

And what was the last hardcore game that sold well on the other consoles? GTA4 would sell no matter the console, so besides that one? Haze, another Ubisoft hyped game bombed.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Serious-fucking-ly.

I love the No More Heroes argument, NOTHING Suda51 makes should be used as benchmark.

I should of used Metroid Prime Corruption then.

And what was the last hardcore game that sold well on the other consoles? GTA4 would sell no matter the console, so besides that one? Haze, another Ubisoft hyped game bombed.

There's plenty of software that's selling well on the other consoles, you'd be a fool to even bother to question that. And Haze charted damn high for its first week considering it's only on one format currently.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Serious-fucking-ly.

Vgcharts........lol.

I should of used Metroid Prime Corruption then.

Metroid is a shame indeed, but it didn't sold bad, just not what it deserved. I'm sure they still managed to profit.

There's plenty of software that's selling well on the other consoles, you'd be a fool to even bother to question that. And Haze charted damn high for its first week considering it's only on one format currently.

Contrary to most people here, I have no problem in changing my opinion if you prove me wrong. So if you answer that, instead of dismissing, maybe this could be a normal discussion. And if games must be ported between consoles for it to sell, then there's something wrong (I'm talking about Haze).

Vgcharts........lol.

lol, any better place? You choose. But its not like you'll see many 360/PS3 popping up the charts.

Metroid is a shame indeed, but it didn't sold bad, just not what it deserved. I'm sure they still managed to profit.
Sold faster than Metroid Prime 1 and 2... without advertising. it only sold more than 1.4 millions already.

Yes could have sold more, but... bad? lost oportunity, perhaps; but they'd be stupid to launch their "good" wii games and not advertise them (oh wait, third party's do that)

You're blaming Nintendo for not advertising and still selling as a reason for third party's not to invest on the platform. makes absolutely no sense. There's a freaking market here.

Just like with Red Steel on the Wii at launch (and due to hype more than being a good game). Oh wait, wii can't sell games.

Haze sold because it was exclusive and overhyped. Perhaps could have sold more on the Wii, who knows.

I think it looks good.

To be honest I'm pretty sick of the wii. Games that have been out for months are still full price. M&S at the olympics is still full price.

Contrary to most people here, I have no problem in changing my opinion if you prove me wrong. So if you answer that, instead of dismissing, maybe this could be a normal discussion. And if games must be ported between consoles for it to sell, then there's something wrong (I'm talking about Haze).

I agree, was a total shame it didn't sell better, especially when the controls were pretty much nailed perfectly.

And the Haze issue is true. It'll most likely drop off the charts in a few weeks, but nowadays to chart so high in your first week is deemed a success (especially up there with GTA), but it would of indeed been interesting to see how that certain title charted with releases on other formats also.

Annnnnyway, Beyond Good & Evil 2.

Oh look, the "experts" have all come out to play again. This board is really, really lame these days.

Ubisoft obviously think they can sell BG&E2 on 360 and PS3, either that or Ancel just wanted to make use of the extra visual power of those 2 consoles. Don't forget, the 360 and PS3 have an install base of almost 30 Million between them world-wide so it's not like they are actually lacking people to sell this game to.

As for the game, it looks stunning! Really, really good. If the whole game looks like that it could well be one of the best looking of this generation!

Uhm... Are you suggesting the PS2 was more powerful than the GC? Because if I'm not mistaken, that's the reasoning behind your logic. Moreover, I think Pedro will be more than happy (and a bit annoyed perhaps) to present you the factsheets of both the xbox and the GC, which are more or less matched overall.
I think he was saying the GC had crap third party support, more than being "less powerful".

Point is not that the GC had crap third party support though, point is how third party's insult to give us crap even when we're leading.

Seriously, we can't win; if we win in sales they start with bullcrap like "it's not about userbase it's about attach rate" but our attach rate is already better than PS3 and in line with what X360 had at this time of it's lifecycle... In short, we get the lesser deal and get blamed for it not selling if it bombs (BABIEZ; CRAP SNOW GAMES WITH WORSE GRAPHICS THAN WII FIT BOARD MINIGAMES) and if it sells? Raving Rabbids 3, spin-off sequels hurray.

I don't think there's any logic behind this move of Ubi's.

They released the original first on the weakest and the - arguably - strongest hardware, then later on the other strongest. This gen, the Wii's the weakest of the three, and gets shafted.

Precisely. I have no hopes regarding western developers already though, I mean... look at DS, US developers (other than the we're multiplatform company's like EA who'll even do n-gage games) shitted all over it and now it's a monster and they're out of it, or with lesser efforts who get low review scores.

Wii... I'm expecting the same, I wish it would go the way of the DS though, it didn't win western developers because they're too stupid (realistically even PS2 didn't win them completely as some were being too fricking stubborn on the Xbox 1)... But I hope to see a market swift of the japanese market still, that's all that really matters to me anyway... and hell, DS had like 3 rpg's mostly crap on their first year, now we have new RPG's with effort every week.

I want that on the Wii. Ubisoft? they can go f*ck themselves.

I think it looks good.

To be honest I'm pretty sick of the wii. Games that have been out for months are still full price. M&S at the olympics is still full price.

Not that I want that title, but Wii titles are cheaper than HD platform titles to start with, most don't even ship at 60 euros (who'd already be cheaper) but 50... and they've been pretty fast to drop. I've gotten lot's of discounts due to that.

Why would they drop when it's still selling too? I mean, don't you know titles only drop prices (and in other platforms, reach "platinum") when sales really drop? I mean GTA sold more than 1 million in one day, hell why hasn't it dropped? for Christs sake.

And if you don't find it cheaper for x title... just try ebay, it did sell like mad anyway; I'm sure they have it up there.

blame, blame, blame, it's a one way track for you guys.

I think it looks good.

That's a great reason for not liking a gaming platfrom. Guess you'll have to stick with piracy.

Oh look, the anti-nintendo crowd came out to play again. Or are they "experts"? I'm confused.

That's a great reason for not liking a gaming platfrom. Guess you'll have to stick with piracy.

Oh look, the anti-nintendo crowd came out to play again. Or are they "experts"? I'm confused.

he has a point though where the hell is the player's choice range?

Personally I think it's a great reason for not liking a platform. It's different when you lot go on about how expensive the PS3 is compared to the Wii.

But the PS3 is more expensive! Look at the console and game prices. Both cheaper than the PS3!! I don't see price range games for them, and their all so pricey, least Wii games are cheaper!!!

:heh:

But the PS3 is more expensive! Look at the console and game prices. Both cheaper than the PS3!! I don't see price range games for them, and their all so pricey, least Wii games are cheaper!!!

:heh:

I'm not saying that it isn't expensive. But wii games are also expensive. But apparently saying so makes me "anti-nintendo" or some other form of bullshit.

Just to clear up, wasn't being serious in my last post.

But I agree that Wii games, all games in general I think, are expensive. Wouldn't hurt to knock atleaast £5 off them all :heh:

Just to clear up, wasn't being serious in my last post.

But I agree that Wii games, all games in general I think, are expensive. Wouldn't hurt to knock atleaast £5 off them all :heh:

I wasn't sure. I thought I'd reply just in case. :D

he has a point though where the hell is the player's choice range?

The main retailers all have a cheaper range on display. Check out Woolworths and HMV for example. Same applies to DS and 360. It's only because the games are still selling well that they keep the prices high; who wouldn't? Most first party titles remain high for months because they are good and popular. The people who moan about prices are usually those who can't afford the games anyway.

This has now been moved to other consoles as requested by the thread starter.

I've moved it in an attempt to calm some arguments going on. As far as any member is concerned, this game is for PS3, 360 and PC until official further notice.

Thus, there is no reason to come to blows over speculating whether Ubisoft are leaving Nintendo in the cold - this thread is for discussing the game, not corporate politics.

Cool trailer. I have high hopes for this.

First post in a few pages about the GAME.

There seems to a lot of hype and passion for this game; i'm going to have to borrow a copy of the original of a freind and see what all the fuss is about - never really appealed to me in the GC era. Can someone sum up the style, genre of the game for me?