NEurope
dwarf

PS3 or 360?

Yo, I suppose I'm in the same boat, I already have a wii but I'd like a second machine either PS3 or XBOX360. I noticed a post a while ago that I was a little confused by:

what's the DS3? why would the controller be terrible until this came out or is this a separate point? Or am I just being a total n00bzord?

DS3 is the Dual Shock 3 pad, a pad which is pretty much identical to the ps2 pad apart from the wireless functionality. The sixaxis pad, what the ps3 comes with at the moment, is pretty flimsy feeling and the triggers, R2 and L2 feel horrible.

DS3 is the Dual Shock 3 pad, a pad which is pretty much identical to the ps2 pad apart from the wireless functionality. The sixaxis pad, what the ps3 comes with at the moment, is pretty flimsy feeling and the triggers, R2 and L2 feel horrible.

I thought the DS3 was the ThreeAxis with rumble shoved in..

There are some other very small cosmetic differences. The analogues are raised a little more and the triggers are slightly less "mushy"

I read about it on GAF. I'll try and find the source...

Edit - Here.

It's still a rumour then, it appeared on a Namco release list by accident and was then removed. It was either a typo, or they didn't mean to announce it just yet, either way it's likely still a 360 exclusive (most likely timed, i.e. 2008 release for 360, 2009 for PS3)

It's still a rumour then, it appeared on a Namco release list by accident and was then removed. It was either a typo, or they didn't mean to announce it just yet, either way it's likely still a 360 exclusive (most likely timed, i.e. 2008 release for 360, 2009 for PS3)

Yeah it'll probably be like Eternal Sonata.

I've probably got this decission to make at some point, what with the fact that I'm gonna have to get Resident Evil 5! and that Codemasters 2009 Formula 1 game will just be out of this world on 360/PS3! [there's plenty of other games aswell].

The thing that's really putting me off the PS3 at the moment is the controller. I've never liked the playstaion controller and from what I've heard, the PS3 one may be the worst yet! on the other hand the 360 controller is great!

My other factors:

- 360 is cheaper, but you have to pay for internet.

- PS3 is more expensive, free internet!

- Blueray isn't a deciding factor for me [but yeah it would be nice to have I suppose].

It really is an almost impossible choice!

I've probably got this decission to make at some point, what with the fact that I'm gonna have to get Resident Evil 5! and that Codemasters 2009 Formula 1 game will just be out of this world on 360/PS3! [there's plenty of other games aswell].

The thing that's really putting me off the PS3 at the moment is the controller. I've never liked the playstaion controller and from what I've heard, the PS3 one may be the worst yet! on the other hand the 360 controller is great!

My other factors:

- 360 is cheaper, but you have to pay for internet.

- PS3 is more expensive, free internet!

- Blueray isn't a deciding factor for me [but yeah it would be nice to have I suppose].

It really is an almost impossible choice!

I think the hate for the new pad is undeserved, I actually like the new R2 andL2, and so I'll probably get a six-axis and DS3 if I got a PS3.

I think I'm pretty much decided on PS3 of the two in terms of games. The only thing I prefer with the 360 is the price, I think the PS3 controller is fine personally, and almost on par with 360, just not quite as comfy. Plus I'm used to it having owned a PS2.

I had the same dilemma and chose the PS3. I'll regret doing so if Metal Gear 4 doesn't live up to the hype, I'll be pleased I did so if it does!

anyway, check out this thread - http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18577 - The info on there is a little dated, but it's worth reading through.

I quite like the sixaxis... 360 pad is better though.

One thing I'd definately consider is that if you're a PC gamer, then a few of the 360 exclusives (Bioshock, Halo, Mass Effect) will come to the PC some time soon.

Oh and PS3 is no where near as good for picking up cheap second hand games.

^ If that last bit is true then the Wii is the worst. You can get Ratchet and Clank for 15 quid off Ebay, yet some launch titles still sell for full price everwhere. It isnt just R&C either, there are plenty of good deals.

Yeah, well I wouldn't let it sway your decision too much. I haven't bought any second hand games so far (only have 4!). Also with the sales numbers of both consoles becoming almost even (right?) the PS3 should have more bargain bin games sometime soon.

Yeah, and the Wii is the worst console :heh:

The DS3 is much nicer. The sixaxis is very stiff in comparision. I drive much better in GT5P with DS3.

I need to play MGS4....I am actually gonna ask some of my PS3 owning mates if I can borrow their PS3 for a weekend to play this game....there's no way I'm gonna buy the console for this one game.

I need to play MGS4....I am actually gonna ask some of my PS3 owning mates if I can borrow their PS3 for a weekend to play this game....there's no way I'm gonna buy the console for this one game.

I did. Sorta...

(As in I'd probably have gone for the 360 if it wasn't for MGS)