NEurope
dwarf

PS3 or 360?

Write a list of games you want for both systems.

Pick the list that appeals to you the most.

Listen to this man. It's the only correct answer, and it really is that simple.

I have both, and the Xbox gets more play out of me.

PS3 does have games I've enjoyed such as Motorstorm, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, GT prologue.

However the Xbox just has more games that I play, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Lost Odyssey, PGR. (And Halo if it's your thing, it's not exactly mine)

And I also know more people with an Xbox so most multiplay games I get are for the 360.

For me if I had to choose it would be the 360, but I'd much rather just have both.

I'd go with the X360 if you want a good line-up of games. It's my pick out of the two, but I have to say the PS3 has some fantastic games and upgrades coming up: Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Home… it's all looking pretty good. But overall I think the X360 has a much better selection of games and I prefer Live over the PlayStation Network.

Of those two lists, the PS3 one sounds more appealing. And it's not like it lacks shooters, it has its fair few and a broader range of other genres.

I haven't played Gears of War or Bioshock, so maybe I need to try them, but many people at school said Gears was bad, although the majority here say otherwise.

But I played the Haze demo and it was bloody awesome.

There's games for both consoles that I like, but I'm not really an 'online nerd', it would be something I'd play every so often.

I don't know.... Maybe leaning slightly for PS3 though.

I would buy the console depending on what games series and developers are your favourites. Both consoles have functional online, so it really boils down to your preferences. Which list looks more appealing?

Xbox 360:

- Halo series - Halo Wars, Peter Jackson's Halo game.

- PGR series

_ Rareware games - Viva Pinata, Banjo 3.

- Gears of war 1 and 2

- Lionhead games - Fable 2

- Ninja Gaiden series.

- Square Enix - Infinite Undiscovery

PS3:

- Little Big Planet

- MGS4 and MGO

- Haze

- Resistance 2

- Killzone 2

- Jack and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank series.

- Disgaea 3

- Square Enix - Final Fantasy XIII/Vs

Here's just a sample, but for me the 360 list is stronger. Plainly down to the fact I'm an FPS fan and GOW and Halo are too good to pass and I'm a fan of Lionhead Studios and the direction of the Fable sequel.

You should add Alan Wake, Too Human, Tales of Vesperia, Forza (the third should be well underway by now) and Left4Dead to the 360 list (assuming 360/PC exclusives count) and God Of War III, Tekken 6, Wipeout HD, Grand Turismo 5 and White Knight Chronicles to the PS3.

Also, Peter Jackson's Halo game is called Halo: Chronicles

You should add Alan Wake, Too Human, Tales of Vesperia, Forza (the third should be well underway by now) and Left4Dead to the 360 list (assuming 360/PC exclusives count) and God Of War III, Tekken 6, Wipeout HD, Grand Turismo 5 and White Knight Chronicles to the PS3.

Also, Peter Jackson's Halo game is called Halo: Chronicles

Done. Tales of Vesperia - can't belieive I forgot that! :smile:

Anymore to add? Those were just off the top of my head so there's sure to be some notable titles forgtotten.

- Square Enix - Infinite Undiscovery

Been playing this game to death. Generic, great story but the rest of the game fails so much. Really not a plus for the 360.

After going through the lists on Wiki and weeding out all the stuff of questionable quality it leaves:

Xbox 360:

Age Of Conan

APB (the new game from the Crackdown devs)

Bioshock 2

Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Blue Dragon 2

Cry On (new RPG from the devs behind Blue Dragon and Lost Oddessey)

Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive: Code Chronus

Ninja Gaiden 2

Prey 2

Project Offset (working title)

Project Progressive (working title)

Splinter Cell: Conviction

PS3:

Afrika

The Agency

Angels Online

DC Universe

Driver

The Getaway

Heavy Rain

Red Dead Revolver 2

Siren Blood Curse

SOCOM: Confrontation

Star Ocean

Twisted Metal

(i rushed through the PS3 list so i might have missed something, im not all that interested in reading about games i'll probably never get to play :p)

After going through the lists on Wiki and weeding out all the stuff of questionable quality it leaves:

Xbox 360:

Age Of Conan

APB (the new game from the Crackdown devs)

Bioshock 2

Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Blue Dragon 2

Cry On (new RPG from the devs behind Blue Dragon and Lost Oddessey)

Dead or Alive 5

Dead or Alive: Code Chronus

Ninja Gaiden 2

Prey 2

Project Offset (working title)

Project Progressive (working title)

Splinter Cell: Conviction

PS3:

Afrika

The Agency

Angels Online

DC Universe

Driver

The Getaway

Heavy Rain

Red Dead Revolver 2

Siren Blood Curse

SOCOM: Confrontation

Star Ocean

Twisted Metal

(i rushed through the PS3 list so i might have missed something, im not all that interested in reading about games i'll probably never get to play :p)

APB is a PC exclusive atm, until they decide they want to work on any console iterations - for both the PS3 and 360. So can't really put down as a pluspoint for 360.:)

Prey 2? :heh:

I reserved a PS3 bundle with MGS4 this morning. The main reasons why I decided for the PS3 over 360 (except for MGS4 :p) were free online, it being region free and of course the exclusives (like Uncharted which I really want to play) which interested me more than the 360's exclusives. Add to that that some games I would like to play that are on 360 are also out for PC like Mass Effect and Bioshock.

You should look at which features and exclusive games interest you most and base your decision on that.

Not a big point but the PS3 is also wireless out of the box and if you have a PSP it's got some great connectivity features.

That was actually a big point for me. I already had my Wii set up for wireless and despite reports to the contrary, getting my PS3 connected online was a breeze. I was concerned about wireless and lag but so far everything ive played online has been gravy with wireless

APB is a PC exclusive atm, until they decide they want to work on any console iterations - for both the PS3 and 360. So can't really put down as a pluspoint for 360.:)

Prey 2? :heh:

I just used this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

And this one for PS3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Really not surprised that there's mistakes, it is Wikipedia after all...

You missed out "Eight Days" for the PS3.

:blush: I thought i had that one down

I'd go for 360 every time. I am only a recent buyer of the 360, got mine about a month or 2 ago and I love it. The games library appeals so much to me - the likes of Bioshock, GOW and Mass Effect - which IMO is the most important factor to consider.

Other factors include the online play of both consoles. Even though you may not be an "online nerd" xbox live is really that good. I was like you before, thinking that online isn't such a big factor. I was a complete noob when it came to online play (never played online before 360 came along) but when I went on the free 1 month trial and played COD4 I was hooked. You get so much more out of a game...and obviously everyone knows Live is the better experience over the PSN.

Cost is another factor to consider. 360 might be cheaper from the offset but I reckon its gonna be more expensive in the long term. For e.g if you want wireless internet then you have to buy the official wireless adaptor which aint cheap at £50. Add to that the cost of Live itself (which CAN be found for around £25 for the whole year) and you're looking at a more expensive console in the long run. PS3 on the other hand has got wireless and free online play (albeit being inferior to Live) straight outta the box.

And finally the reliability of each console could be another factor. Everyone knows the 360 has major problems (as well as being a noisy bastard) and that the PS3 is the more 'reliable' choice in this regard. For me I overlooked these faults and bought a 360 (but with a 2 year guarantee - which adds further to the overall cost of the console!) because I know that I will enjoy its games the most....(that doesn't stop me wanting to play MGS4 though!).

I dont remember much hype over Prey. I really enjoyed it, the run up to the end was great. Those who have picked Prey 2, did you enjoy/complete Prey 1?

I'm definitely moving toward my PS3 more and more because as great as live is I'm a very casual online player and I can't really justify paying for playing online probably once every other week.

Apart from online content (SCEE and PSN really don't mix well) and the fact that not everyone has a head set, which is probably an unintentional blessing, playing online is the same on each console...except like I said, I don't have to pay for PSN.

Also...MGS4. :p

Add Star Ocean for the PS3.

There's a new one? Awesome!

Tales of Vesperia is heading to the PS3 too, by the way.

Yo, I suppose I'm in the same boat, I already have a wii but I'd like a second machine either PS3 or XBOX360. I noticed a post a while ago that I was a little confused by:

...the controller is terrible until the DS3 comes out but online is free.

what's the DS3? why would the controller be terrible until this came out or is this a separate point? Or am I just being a total n00bzord?

Source?

The Wiki is still quoting a Gamespot interview which says it's a 360 exclusive with a PS3 port "possible" so i'll edit it if its now confirmed :)

Ooo i hope thats true so i dont have to watch my brother play Vesperia on his 360