NEurope
marcel

MadWorld

yup...4 more days, I can hardly wait.

4 days until you are banned.

I hope HMV ships it before release.

Banned for being american?! What are you, some kind of a racist?!

I kid I kid. I promise not to rub it in.

You guys seen this may have been delayed in the UK? Only by a week or so mind, but a shame all the same...

(not that it matters to me either... i'll be playing it around the 10th in utter glee, heh)

You guys seen this may have been delayed in the UK? Only by a week or so mind, but a shame all the same...

It's pretty strange to see you here.

:-)

I've been a long-time browser of N-europe for a good two years or so now... thought it was about time i joined. Where i've seen you then dudey? Ntsc-uk?

:-)

I've been a long-time browser of N-europe for a good two years or so now... thought it was about time i joined. Where i've seen you then dudey? Ntsc-uk?

Hmh, and I have been away for two years. But yeah, NTSC-UK.

For the lazy:

9.5 Presentation

Absolutely stunning presentation headlined by amazingly stylized graphics and audio. The look is bold, the commentary hilarious. Great story, too. Lacks leader board and online options.

9.5 Graphics

Drop-dead gorgeous art style that's altogether new to the videogame arena and great tech to back it up. Characters and locales constantly wow and the rivers of blood never looked better.

9.0 Sound

Had it not been for some repetitive in-game dialog, we'd have given this a perfect score. The punchy sound effects, hilarious commentary and awesome soundtrack all come together brilliantly.

8.5 Gameplay

Not just blood and guts. Great, smart gameplay controls and hilariously gross mid-level challenges all complemented by epic boss fights. Camera system, though, could use some tweaking.

7.0 Lasting Appeal

You'll blast through normal difficulty in five or six hours, which is short. But you can come back for the ridiculously challenging hard mode or two-player split-screen challenges.

Outstanding OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

: I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. Anybody who says Nintendo's console is just for kids will see things very differently after a few chainsaw- induced mutilations. More importantly, though, MadWorld does not place emphasis on style over gameplay, so there's plenty of fun, smart mechanics to back up the overwhelmingly slick look and sound of the title. You'll be floored by some of the scenarios that await you in the fast-moving beat-'em-up, surprised by the unexpectedly well-made storyline, and simultaneously grossed out and cracked up by all of the completely over-the-top gore. Even with some camera issues, some repetition, and a decidedly short single-player mode (if you play it on normal difficulty), SEGA and Platinum Games have still created Wii's first truly excellent game of the year.

I'm begging you, buy this game so that we'll see more like it.

Madworld: 85%

+ Top-notch presentation

+ All-out arcade action

+ Laugh out loud funny

+ Fantastic character design

- Gets repetitive quickly

I haven't watched much media beyond the initial trailer, so it should be mostly a fresh experience for me. Can't wait at all!

I hate that something can now lack online features...

The IGN vid review looks awesome but I wish I didn't saw it. Its like the try to spoil you.

Tomorrow :D

Hopefully it actually gets in tomorrow instead of just shipping and arriving Wednesday that would make me sad.

For the lazy:

9.5 Presentation

Absolutely stunning presentation headlined by amazingly stylized graphics and audio. The look is bold, the commentary hilarious. Great story, too. Lacks leader board and online options.

9.5 Graphics

Drop-dead gorgeous art style that's altogether new to the videogame arena and great tech to back it up. Characters and locales constantly wow and the rivers of blood never looked better.

9.0 Sound

Had it not been for some repetitive in-game dialog, we'd have given this a perfect score. The punchy sound effects, hilarious commentary and awesome soundtrack all come together brilliantly.

8.5 Gameplay

Not just blood and guts. Great, smart gameplay controls and hilariously gross mid-level challenges all complemented by epic boss fights. Camera system, though, could use some tweaking.

7.0 Lasting Appeal

You'll blast through normal difficulty in five or six hours, which is short. But you can come back for the ridiculously challenging hard mode or two-player split-screen challenges.

Outstanding OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

: I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. Anybody who says Nintendo's console is just for kids will see things very differently after a few chainsaw- induced mutilations. More importantly, though, MadWorld does not place emphasis on style over gameplay, so there's plenty of fun, smart mechanics to back up the overwhelmingly slick look and sound of the title. You'll be floored by some of the scenarios that await you in the fast-moving beat-'em-up, surprised by the unexpectedly well-made storyline, and simultaneously grossed out and cracked up by all of the completely over-the-top gore. Even with some camera issues, some repetition, and a decidedly short single-player mode (if you play it on normal difficulty), SEGA and Platinum Games have still created Wii's first truly excellent game of the year.

I'm begging you, buy this game so that we'll see more like it.

Well, I've ordered my copy. £27 on Gameplay, so hopefully it's good :-)

I'm going to pick this up as soon as my student loan comes through, which should be at the start of the next month. (I have about 20 quid to last me til then...fuck)

I feel it would be an insult to all of the hard work that has been put into this game, to follow it's progress for so long and to not purchase it as soon as I get the chance. This game looks to have been a tremendous effort from the developers, and I'd like to see it sell well. If ever we needed gamers to put their hands into their pockets, to buy this and send out a message to third parties, this would be that time.

:) Roll on.

I'm going to pick this up as soon as my student loan comes through, which should be at the start of the next month. (I have about 20 quid to last me til then...fuck)

I feel it would be an insult to all of the hard work that has been put into this game, to follow it's progress for so long and to not purchase it as soon as I get the chance. This game looks to have been a tremendous effort from the developers, and I'd like to see it sell well. If ever we needed gamers to put their hands into their pockets, to buy this and send out a message to third parties, this would be that time.

:) Roll on.

I 100% agree and while I'm also desperate for my loan this and the conduit are getting brand new purchases from me as soon as I have the cash. Both developers deserve the sales. Madworld especially.

Eurogamer 7/10:

"Still, as a piece of violent spectacle MadWorld is unrivalled. The creativity of PlatinumGames in providing ever more unlikely and delicious ways to kill and maim Jack's antagonists boggles and delights the mind at some deep, base level. And so, no matter how much the schoolboy-humour commentary grates, no matter how repetitive the bits in between the set-pieces start to feel and no matter how frustrating the later levels become, MadWorld provides a rush of blood to the head almost as often as it provides a rush of blood to the pavement."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/madworld-review

well since I saw the forst footage of this I knew i was going to buy it no matter what the reviews said.. ahhhh can't wait

..my decision to wait on this game seems to be dodgy at best..

After watching the IGN Video Review I'm just desperate to play it now.. it looks amazing!

I have stayed away from videos for a couple of months now but the temptation of the review led me to check it out and I was just blown away.. it looks like my kinda game : peace:

If I can maybe sell a couple of games or trade in a couple of highly valued DS games (such as Hotel Dusk and Super Mario 64) I may yet go for this on launch.. and I've just remembered you get a T-Shirt when you preorder..

Edited by nekunando

Can't wait for this to be in my collection, hope it's addictive!