NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

using multiple monitors - Help!

Ok so our new TV has a VGA output and I have all of the cables etc to get this to work so it's not about wires...

I want to use my laptop on the TV for watching films/gaming etc yet I can only use the TV as a secondary monitor - Not a primary monitor. Hence to say gaming/movies don't work when set to a secondary monitor (laggy as feck.)

When I go into display settings I have the two monitors (1 and 2 'white' - connected.) yet when I disable the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" option for the TV, (to make the TV the primary output) windows greys it out.

I've tried multiple ways of doing this (through driver/bios updates) but it always just greys out the connected device when trying to make it the primary display. The resolutions are all fine etc so it's wierd as I was able to view it on the old TV. This TV is bascially the updated version of my old telly so it should work.

Anyone?

You shouldn't have to do anything in your display settings... it's usually just a case of wiring them up and then pressing "Fn" and one of the F keys, one that looks like this

fnmonitor.jpg

(took that image from google images so tell me if it doesn't load)

Have you tried in display settings where it says monitor "1" and monitor "2" to click on the one you want and select "this is my main monitor?

Have you tried in display settings where it says monitor "1" and monitor "2" to click on the one you want and select "this is my main monitor?

it was greyed out...and the f5 key with fn doesnt change anything :(

Sign in to follow this