NEurope
The fish

The Bi-Annual Exam Thread!

I've never reached the last question of a close reading paper (the comapring both articles question), because I spend so long thinking about crap. Highers really fuck you with time constraints. I seriously don't know how I'll finish all of the Geography or Modern Studies papers...

Modern Studies is stupid. An hour and a half to write 4 essays, what a joke. It's a test of how fast you can write rather than what you know.

Modern Studies is stupid. An hour and a half to write 4 essays, what a joke. It's a test of how fast you can write rather than what you know.

And that is exactly why I'm dropping Modern Studies next year :heh:

It's a load of bollocks anyway. "Y'see, theres two types of Sheltered Housing for Elderly people to live in. Sheltered, and VERY sheltered." "whats the difference?" "in very sheltered, they have meals provided"

ohmygad useful info.

Urgh, English had the worst essay questions evar!!

I only managed about 4 pages on each one >.< (huge writing/spacing too)

Urgh, English had the worst essay questions evar!!

I only managed about 4 pages on each one >.< (huge writing/spacing too)

I know! My friend's sister's friend is the daughter of my English teacher, and apparently he screamed at how hard the exam was, so the grade boundaries will hopefully be lowered. :smile:

I hated the huge lines that booklet had too! My normally huge/messy writing just became out of control in this exam. Like you said, massive writing an spacing...like 9 words on a line average.

----

Also, yes, what the fuck is 4 essays in 1 hour 30 for Modern Studies?! Fucking retarded. Surely 2 GOOD ones is preferable? Or at least just 3?

Anyone have French AS today? Very easy, even though I speak french, the level of questions were alot lower than I was expecting, especially the first set of listening questions, just like GCSE!

Dreading Chem and Bio after half term D:

Anyone have French AS today? Very easy, even though I speak french, the level of questions were alot lower than I was expecting, especially the first set of listening questions, just like GCSE!

Dreading Chem and Bio after half term D:

I've got higher French tomorrow.

If you want to say "I spent 2 weeks there", is it "J'ai y passé deux semaines", or "J'y ai passé deux semaines"?

I've forgotten pronoun order and stuff like that.

C4 tommorrow! SWEET.

Hell yeah!

Physics practical too, woo!

I hate M1, mostly because I hate reality.

I like pure maths, because it's in it's own world where everything is clean-cut and can be proved true or flase.

wha...

Chair how come you, well I'm assuming, English style maths? No love for Highers?

Anybody else do the Higher paper today, I really don't know how I did at all. I reckon I passed it but whether I get a C or a B is a coin toss guess.

wha...

Chair how come you, well I'm assuming, English style maths? No love for Highers?

Anybody else do the Higher paper today, I really don't know how I did at all. I reckon I passed it but whether I get a C or a B is a coin toss guess.

I wanted to do further maths, so I chose to give up doing Higher maths (and having a fun 6th year) to do AS level maths and further maths.

AS levels are much more satisfactory anyway, since the way they mark them actually makes sense (*looks at Higher French and Latin*).

Apparently everyone screamed at the first paper of the maths, because it was really hard.

Ah right, the most are school does is up to AH, though our school is meant to be the best non-denominational school in Scotland. Don't see how that works...

Meh it was alright, not as hard as I thought it would be but then I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

Anybody do Information Systems? Was that not just the easiest paper ever? I finished it in an hour early... hopefully thats a good thing.

So there's a lot of screaming involved in exams these days? Back in my day you'd be slapped for that nonsense, then your paper'd be ripped up. Tsh.

Which school to you go to Calza / where do you live?

(Bagsy if Bjork ever comes to Scotland you, me and Paj have to go see her)

So there's a lot of screaming involved in exams these days? Back in my day you'd be slapped for that nonsense, then your paper'd be ripped up. Tsh.

Metaphorical screaming.

Woo, first exams tomorrow.

Physics practical in the morning, then C4 and D2 in the afternoon.

Apparently the media have criticised the exam boards for totally fucking up the timetables this year. They better have laxer grade boundaries ¬_¬

Physics Prac tomorrow... ninety minutes of rubbish experiments. Should be a lot of fun.

Which school to you go to Calza / where do you live?

(Bagsy if Bjork ever comes to Scotland you, me and Paj have to go see her)

I live in Kilmacolm, the school is Greenock Academy. Its about half an hour from Glasgow.

I was praying she would be playing at T In The Park but her only UK festival is one down in England. I was so annoyed. :(

Ah right, the most are school does is up to AH, though our school is meant to be the best non-denominational school in Scotland. Don't see how that works...

Pah, thats nothing. My school is bottom of the league table for (iirc) the third bottom region. It's a wonder I ever learn anything.

But hey! It's only 30 seconds walk away, so who cares, right?

Physics Prac tomorrow... ninety minutes of rubbish experiments. Should be a lot of fun.

Same here!

I also have C4 in the afternoon, which I'm confident about (makes a nice change :heh:). I've being getting A's in all the past papers I did today, woo! :yay: