NEurope
The fish

The Bi-Annual Exam Thread!

I hate not bothering to revise for english until today.

To be fair, English is one of those subjects you can't really cram all the infomation in until the final exam. From experience, I've learnt people are just naturally good at English or they're not. No amount of revision can humanly change that, unless you're talking about literature.

Just have to say, I HATE Silas Marner.

Had to do it for GCSE English Literature. What a terribly boring book.

Nothing happens. He loses money, finds baby, they grow up. Some idiot falls off a horse. That's about it.

Reading books = fun.

Analysing them = not fun.

Probably why i'm studying english language, not lit.

I agree, except I love Heart Of Darkness when analysed. On first reading you get the gist, but under proper analysis, the whole class screamed at how good it was.

My aunt said recording yourself saying the things you need to learn is a good idea, but I actually cringe everytime I hear my voice. In my head my voice is deeper, and my real voice just sounds like some diseased mongo.

To be fair, English is one of those subjects you can't really cram all the infomation in until the final exam. From experience, I've learnt people are just naturally good at English or they're not. No amount of revision can humanly change that, unless you're talking about literature.

I am.

I'm good at those opinion questions...but of course we don't get them anymore...:blank:

...I thought you were doing a multimedia/design degree/course?

I am (Graphical Design). This is part of the classes we have (also had Philosophy and Semantics exams already last semester). There's theory (all this stuff) and then there's the practical stuff (all the assignments we're doing for a ton of different classes).

Like I said, this course is harddddd.

I find the close reading paper really easy but the essays should bore me. Also i'm probably the slowest essay writer, I'm not like slow at writing but actually putting pen to paper is my problem, if you get what I mean... Basically I just sit there mulling over the the best way to say what I want to say, this usally means I get one really good but kinda short essay and one completely unfinished essay. Tomorrow's gonna be a barrel of fun.

well we are constantly doing mocks in class to revise which is okay except it gets boring.

Also the song in my head at the moment which I started singing in my head during my maths C4 mock today was Wow by Kylie Minogue, mainly because I was drunkenly saying it to my best mate on Saturday so its still in my head =]

I find the close reading paper really easy but the essays should bore me. Also i'm probably the slowest essay writer, I'm not like slow at writing but actually putting pen to paper is my problem, if you get what I mean... Basically I just sit there mulling over the the best way to say what I want to say, this usally means I get one really good but kinda short essay and one completely unfinished essay. Tomorrow's gonna be a barrel of fun.

I've never reached the last question of a close reading paper (the comapring both articles question), because I spend so long thinking about crap. Highers really fuck you with time constraints. I seriously don't know how I'll finish all of the Geography or Modern Studies papers...

I never can say enough in my essays, my longest ever one done in class was 3 pages, but that was pushing it. My average is a page and a half : /

We did a mock a couple of weeks back, one of mine was about 2 pages, the other was about 2 paragraphs :) For some reason I fucked up the first one though and only got 14/25, for the second one I got 5/25. Not much of an appeal then. :(

My aunt said recording yourself saying the things you need to learn is a good idea, but I actually cringe everytime I hear my voice. In my head my voice is deeper, and my real voice just sounds like some diseased mongo.

I love how my voice I hear is like 5 times higher than my voice everyone else hears.

Like I actually sound like a Peter Pan wannabe in my head.

I sound like a somewhat funny version of Patrick Wolf in my head.

I might just do Petry instead of Tempest tomorrow..

Well that went surprisingly well for me. The questions fit the texts I had and I managed to roughly remember the necessary quotes. Also, the close reading was only 1 or 2 mark questions, no 4 or 6 mark things, which makes it alot easier :)

I had "Buddy Holly" stuck in my head the whole time though, which was rather distracting.

I had Van Halen "Jump" stuck in my head... bloody bus radio.

Probably gotten a C, hopefully a B. I also got extra time and I'm not sure why but lol anyway, meant I could actually finish both essays.

Had my first exam yesterday - RS (Philosophy). Read the revision guide and gathered enough information to write 12 pages of uncoherent garbage. Felt good about it though.

Man, I have back ache now from leaning over the desk, lol.

Had a maths exam today (C2). I think i've done ok, maybe have got C.

I missed out on an easy 4 marks though. The women said "Pens down" and i had like 10 seconds before she got to me to take the paper, it was a question to do with the sine rule. However in the 10 second rush i pushed co-sine instead of sine in my calculator. Meh. Although i did write the equation out with sine in so maybe i got afew marks.

Can you remember any questions because mine is on the 2nd of June

I laughed my way through C1. It actually felt like I knew all the answers already, like I was just waiting to get the exam answer booklet so I could write them down.

I wasn't laughing at C2, but I still I managed to get a satisfactory answer for every question (apart from the last log question where I got a really tiny calculated probability, but couldn't work out where I went wrong)

My exam timetable really has screwed me up! i have:-

Graphics Resit - 20th May

Chemistry Practical - 22nd May

Statistics 2 - 23rd May

(All fair enough, I have time to revise them)

19 days off!

Then, the worst possible scenario

Chemistry Unifying Concepts - 12th June

Core Mathematics 4 - 12th June

Graphics Unit 4 + 6 - 13th June (Friday 13th!)

So I have 19 days off then the three most difficult exams bunched together.

5 days off!

Chemistry Trends and Patterns - 19th June

Chemistry Transition Elements - 19th June

Couldn't space out the exams could you? Now I have added pressure to perform, revising for three tests all at once instead of being able to space the out and allocate time easily!

Got disqualified from my physics practical today (well, apparantly it's pretty likely i'll get disqualified). Didn't do anything wrong and i'm incredibly pissed off. I'm currently writing a letter to the head teacher to explain the situation and what ACTUALLY happened and then i'll post it on here afterwards.

Really don't want to lose 60 marks :(

Huh?? Really? You never mentioned that today at school? Was that why there was a sign on the common room door saying:-

"Don't enter the common room and risk disqualifying all the students... you wouldn't be that selfish would you?"

Can you remember any questions because mine is on the 2nd of June

Chances are they're on a different exam board to you, hence the different dates.

Did English Higher today...I'm over doing obviously bad in both essays, but mainly the Drama one.

I had "

" by Sugarcubes in my head in the exam today, but it's Bjork so thats means it was a good thing.

I have a feeling it is Edexcel but im not entirely sure!

Yeah it's edexcel!

Psychology tomorrow! I'm so screwed. I've been revising for ages now, and it's not sticking. I've realised how much I don't know. If I don't do well, I'm in the shitter.

Argh! Coolness, help! :p