NEurope
Dante

Pitfall: The Big Adventure

Activision’s announced Pitfall: The Big Adventure for Wii, developed by Edge of Reality.

Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) announced today “Pitfall: The Big Adventure” for Wii™ is in development at Edge of Reality and will swing onto shelves this Fall. With more than 10 million Pitfall titles sold to date, Pitfall: The Big Adventure will introduce the franchise to a new generation of gamers while bringing a fresh Pitfall experience to long time fans.

“Pitfall is one of the most legendary franchises in the history of videogames, so we look forward to releasing a new version exclusively for Wii,” said Dave Oxford, Activision Publishing. “What could be more fun than using the Wii Remote™ to swing on a vine over blood thirsty crocodiles as retro-cool Pitfall Harry?!”

Set in the Peruvian jungle, Pitfall: The Big Adventure combines the action of reptile dodging and vine swinging with clever puzzles. The game will feature over 60 levels spanning lush rainforests, creature-filled caves, and glacial mountains. Within these dynamic worlds, players will explore cavernous jungles, discover lost treasures, battle shamen, narrowly escape treacherous traps and outwit creatures using innovative, accessible game mechanics developed specifically to take advantage of the Wii motion sensing controls.

“Wii is a natural and perfect fit for a Pitfall game, and it’s been fantastic to revolutionize this classic franchise through the application of the innovative Wii game mechanics. It’s a completely new experience for the gamer,” said Binu Philip, President, Edge of Reality.

This is like deja-vu. I take it this news is hot off the press, but I feel like I read it already. I can't remember, but I think I must have been reading something Pitfall Harry last week- or atleast thinking about it. :wtf:

I can't say i've ever heard of Pitfall.

Are there any screens for this one?

I've heard of PitFall. No idea what it's like though.

Where's my RPGs dammit.

I played this version of pitfall on windows 95, it was pretty fun.

The original was on the atari, here's a gameplay demonstration fro ma video of the 80's:

HOLY SHIT, I LOVE PITFALL! Please don't mess it up.

There was one on the Gamecube which got pretty good reviews but I never got round to getting it.

Hopefully this will be good.

The previous versions are like 2D sidescrolling Prince of Persia clones, without swordplay and more puzzles.

Hmm...

I'm not to sure about this one. I'll probably wait for a video to see what it plays like before I decide anything

Doesn't look too promising from those screens to me, never played a Pitfall before though.

Yeah seems pretty much the same. Brand new my ass.

Woopee. Not surprising. I'm getting bored of 3rd parties putting next to no effort into games now. Doesn't deserve to sell if it's a quick rehash of a game.

I'll see how it turns out with some videos...

Lol, I mentioned deja-vu earlier in this thread, and seeing those screenshots I'm getting a very strong sense of deja-vu. :laughing:

Those screenshots came out of nowhere though, there's no source for them and since the screenshots I'm looking at for the GC version look better, this is either just the PS2 version or the usual crappyness of Wii screenshots. Not that I'm holding out.

I reckon, with a bit of bloom lighting and whatnot, this would look fairly similar to most other Wii games! :P

I find it totally impressive that they managed to f*ck up the ocre background texture quality, looks completely washed out :blank:

Did they port the PS2 version when they had a GC build or something (and even saying that, these graphics were kinda crappy for PS2 even)

These guys are taking the piss, and should be seriously slammed for that, bastards.

Developers don't even make it look like they are interested in making a decent game anymore.

I find it totally impressive that they managed to f*ck up the ocre background texture quality, looks completely washed out :blank:

RE4 didn't look as good on the Wii as the GC ver either...

RE4 didn't look as good on the Wii as the GC ver either...
I recall the GC parts looked the same, while separate ways and all that didn't (it was new content though).

They can drag and drop cube code and run it on the Wii so really, downgrading it would make no sense.