NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Videogame Databases...where can I get them?

I either need to create or source some videogame databases and wondered if anyone knows if they already exist? I need a number of them, off the top of my head, these are:

- A complete list of all games available for Wii, publishers, number of players, online functionality or not, and that sort of general information.

- The same but for DS/X360/PS3/PSP.

I know this is a long shot, but it would save me a hell of a lot of time. Although I want this info as a database, it doesn't matter if it comes in a spreadsheet or something.

Any ideas welcome :)

Wikicheats, Wikipedia and Gamefaqs are your best bets...

Don't use wikipedia, Its missing many games. Gamefaqs is much better.

Wikicheats, Wikipedia and Gamefaqs are your best bets...

Don't use wikipedia, Its missing many games. Gamefaqs is much better.

Nice one, I'll check these places, thanks :)

up your bum, second shelf on the left.

Always so helpful :blank:

hmm got a warning for that one, fair enough. It was a joke so sorry if I sounded rude, I just hadn't heard that one for ages and thought it was about time someone used it.

I'd also try:

IGDB

Moby Games

Depending on what fields you need and what exactly its for I may be able to help with data also.

I'd also try:

IGDB

Moby Games

Depending on what fields you need and what exactly its for I may be able to help with data also.

Well I need the data in a SQL database ideally. I'm currently working out if I should contact people at GameFAQs and ask if they can provide me with a database (which I imagine is about 0% likely to happen), or alternatively, write a script that goes through the websites in question, parsing the data.

Well I need the data in a SQL database ideally. I'm currently working out if I should contact people at GameFAQs and ask if they can provide me with a database (which I imagine is about 0% likely to happen),

It never hurts to try! And it would take you like a minute, maybe two, to contact them.

I'd say its extremely unlikely anyone will give you their database. It's what their whole business is based on. What do you actually need the info for?

I'd say its extremely unlikely anyone will give you their database. It's what their whole business is based on. What do you actually need the info for?

Its top secret, well not really, but I want to have a proof of concept before I ask for any opinions, but its for a website idea that I have had. Similar to some of the games sites already out there (the likes of IGN and GameFAQs) but with some extra functionality.

I can't really help if I don't know what the data is for. I assume your extra functionality revolves around users / interaction with the data in the database? You know a database of games will work and things can always be added to these.

I suppose you'll have to get creating the database yourself.

Sign in to follow this