NEurope
aenaos

F1 Racing Game For the Wii.Is It Possible?

The News is that Sony will not have the Exclusivity For the Formula One Racing Games from now on.The other News is that "Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.

The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats." http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67228

When its says All the Major home Consoles and Hanheld gaming Formats i think The Wii and Ds are including..

But Traditionally Codemasters Dont Deal with nintendo Home Consoles I guess..

I would like to See A Formula One Racing Game on the Wii..Are there any Chances?What do you think?

We've just been talking about this news in the F1 thread.

It's fantastic Codemasters have got the license and I think it's a very likely there will be a Wii version.

Codemasters have recently spoken of wanting to bring games to Wii:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9615/

According to a new interview it appears that Codemasters would indeed be interested in bringing its new racing title 'Race Driver: GRID' to Nintendo's Wii console. However, it all depends on what resources are available, according to Codemasters' Chief Games Designer Ralph Fulton.

"...you can't just port a game to it [Wii] - it has to be designed specifically for the console from the ground up. We're lucky that we have an external team developing GRID DS who understand what we want to achieve from the game and can translate that to the DS. If we find a team who can do the same with a Wii version then you can expect to see a version in the future."

Even if they don't get round to bringing GRID to Wii, it will be another year before the first Codemasters F1 2009 game is released, and I fully expect them to be in full support of the Wii by then!

UK Boxart also confirmed:

f109ic8.jpg

.....or just something I cobbled together!

[lol, quite pleased with that!]

This is great news. Been waiting for a new F1 game for a long time - last one I had was F1 2002 on the Cube and before that F1 World Grand Prix on the N64. I enjoyed playing both of these, so hopefully it will be out in the near future. 360 for the graphics or Wii for the control?

Gametrailers have got the latest gameplay video of GRID:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33742.html

Makes my anticipation for their F1 game skyrocket even more! To have the cars and tracks looking THAT good!

It's a shame the Wii Wheel doesn't get another button on the underside, or we would have had our very own 'flappy paddle' gearbox!

I Think Wii Wheel isnt enough for an Formula one game or Racing Simulation generally..Its good for arcade racing like Mario kart or excite truck but we need a good Peripheral Wheel with throttle like this

888745.jpg

I Think Wii Wheel isnt enough for an Formula one game or Racing Simulation generally..Its good for arcade racing like Mario kart or excite truck but we need a good Peripheral Wheel with throttle like this

888745.jpg

Yeah I know it was wishful thinking really! though you wouldn't need that gearstick attachment.

You could have the the Wii Wheel, complete with non existant flappy paddle gearbox and set the balance board up at you feet for interactive peddles! Result!..... or not! :heh:

Couldn't help it....

boxart-1.jpg

ROFL! Tapedeck, we're going into business! Starting with our pitch to Codemasters!

The Wii version will probably be one of those mutant PSP/PS2/Wii-port jobs.

The Wii version will probably be one of those mutant PSP/PS2/Wii-port jobs.
yuck.

*pushes a cross out of the pocket and garlic*

Take that!

Couldn't help it....

boxart-1.jpg

- Your prediction for the race?

- PAIN.

Lol, and for the TV advert campaign it needs some, "Let's see that again!... Leeet's see that again!... Let's seethatagain...!"

- Your prediction for the race?

- PAIN.

Lol, and for the TV advert campaign it needs some, "Let's see that again!... Leeet's see that again!... Let's seethatagain...!"

LOL. Nice ideas there. :)

For the Wii and DS versions they should do something crazy and cartoony based on the real sport, like that Japanese F1 opening. It's a bit like F-Zero, only gayer.

I mean it's been done with Fifa already. The game was crap but the idea seems pretty sound - an offbeat way to spread interest in the sport. Just give it a crazy take.

My eyes are still bleeding at the sight of that clip. The mad thing is, is that some Jap kid will WORSHIP F1 due to that series then see the real thing and probably top himself.