NEurope
S.C.G

Ninja Gaiden II

I wonder what the Crystal Skulls are for...I've found two in the demo level.

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that there are no Golden Scarabs, so the Crystal Skulls *plays Indy music* are probably replacing them.

Okay, just started chapter 7. I can't figure out if this game is easier or i've just gotten better after playing DMC4 and GOW since the last game, but i'm getting through it quicker than I did black. Still some hard points though. I already prefer it to anything else on the system. The greatest thing about the original is still here though, f*ck up once and this game will rape you till winter.

Been playing this since yesterday, up to chapter 4 now, I swear that this game is even more sadistically satisfying than the original. :heh:

High points - the new combo system and finishing moves / new weapons are amazing, looks nice too and save/load times aren't as bad as people thought they might be and are a small price to pay for a game such as this.

Low points - bosses that rape you, kill you, rape you again and kill you twenty times more just for lols... >> I do enjoy a challenge but some of the bosses are a tad trying on my patience and those exploding, sword wielding Ninja Dogs, the air turns electric blue whenever I encounter those. :laughing:

Still overall I am really enjoying this game, gonna be playing this as much as I can before MGS4 comes out, good times. :smile:

Okay this is a notice for everyone. Have a spare Talisman of Rebirth for the end of chapter 7. You may have been able to figure it out on your own eventually, but trust me, you don't want to do this bit twice.

Love this game.

I know exactly which boss you're talking about LazyBoy.

Ah I bet thats the boss that...

[spoiler=]"blows up when you think you've beat it, haven't reached that bit though but it was stated in a review"

In that case yeah I'll make sure I have one handy. :)

You got it. Yeah, I mean my heart goes out to anyone to hadn't seen a review before doing that.

Just done chapter one so far and I'm loving it. I got around 50 mini-achievements along the way, too.

I'm a tad disappointed that the cinema mode has no speed or camera control.

You just wanted to zoom in on slow motion boobs!

You just wanted to zoom in on slow motion boobs!

I also wanted to watch some slow-motion overkilling (why it is so satisfying to completely rape someone who is already dead?)

What's the deal with the cinema thing? I haven't touched it yet. How do you work it? Also, there's a miniboss about half way through chp7 that is really just taking the piss.

What's the deal with the cinema thing? I haven't touched it yet. How do you work it? Also, there's a miniboss about half way through chp7 that is really just taking the piss.

It basically records you playing a whole level to watch later. You can also upload one video for others to watch.

FUCKING DOGS!!!

The dogs are pretty annoying.

The second trial of valor was hard the first time, easy the second once i got a good tactic down.

Just got to Vienna. I'm guessing theres only 1 achievement for finishing chapter 4?

The dogs are pretty annoying.

The second trial of valor was hard the first time, easy the second once i got a good tactic down.

Just got to Vienna. I'm guessing theres only 1 achievement for finishing chapter 4?

I just got there - I love the new water fighting. I only got the one achievement for chapter 4. That boss was really annoying. I found him rather inconsistent, too. The first time I almost killed him, the second time he completely raped me within 20 seconds. On around the 7th try I completely owned him.

I haven't found any of the trials, though.

Edit: Apparently I also missed two weapons.

I think I may start again on Path of the Warrior. See how far I get.

Edit 2: I changed my mind. Decided to just continue.

I just encountered the worst AI ever. I ran away from a massive group of the chapter 4 creatures and went across some water. They jump into the water and died.

OMFG! I've finally finished the fifth trial of Valour! hell yeah! I've been stuck on that trial for the whole weekend (on and off) as I'm trying to complete them all as part of my first play through but god damn that trial was insane.

On my last try I just got so pissed off with those fiends in huge mech suits that I decided to take out all of those first, (yes with rockets still flying at me and the numerous other ninjas trying to rape me at every given half second) but yeah I'd take one out, use fully maxed out fire Ninpo to get rid of a few, then the next, lather, rinse repeat.

I used the flying bird technique throughout and no projectiles (because I didn't have time to use any) got the ninjas next and then took out all the waves of guys with rockets and the feeling of satisfaction when I severed that last rocekt wielding ninjas head as it rolled across the floor with his splattered gore on the ground spelling out my victory was immense. ^^

And then the feeling of absolute horror when I opened one of the two boxes at the END only to find sodding GHOST PHIRHANAS! inside, ffs >< I didnt even attempt to fight them after that trial, I just grabbed the purple jewel from the remaining box and jumped on the warp frantically pressing R and then A and nabbing myself a god damned well earned achievement. :smile:

This game hates me and everyone who plays it, that much is evident from the way it tears you a handfull of holes and rapes the wounds at every given oppourtunity... and yet... I love it so much. :blank:

I still haven't found a single Trial of Valour.

I'm now on chapter 8. The Chapter 7 boss took two tries. The first time I didn't block in time and I'd forgotten to equip the Talisman of Rebirth, the second time I'd remembered to equip the Talisman but managed to block it anyway. It wasn't much of a problem considering it only took around 30 seconds to kill him both times.

It's pretty handy that the block works on enemies that explodes when thy die and (I think - not 100% sure) explosive shurikens that are stuck to you.

The Ghost Piranhas are very annoying. And were extremely confusing when you first saw them.

01 (__) [WII] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

02 (__) [360] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

03 (03) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

04 (02) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

05 (__) [PS2] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)

06 (01) [360] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

07 (__) [360] Ninja Gaiden Ii (Microsoft)

Ninja Gaiden II is beaten by lego. :confused:

I'm actually quite surprised that NG2 made it that high in the charts.

Just got to the "Russian" level after the airship. Man that last trial of valor was dog shit crazy. But all the crazy robots is getting a little nuts.

I managed to kill the chapter 7 boss without getting hit, nevermind getting killed. Get it into a corner, spam it to death with a fully upgraded double Katana. Win.

I just found out that I can't do the trails because I missed the Rod in chapter 2. I think when I've finished I'll re-do the Path of the Acolyte just to get absolutely everything.

Edit: There's one section which throws a massive amount of enemies at you.

So many that the game slows to around 4 frames per second. Who's crazy idea was that?

Done. Loved every second of it. And the final weapon was just wank fodder. I'll be starting it again very soon.

Also done. I'm also disappointed with the final weapon.

Still, now I've just gotten used to the shadowless footsteps (I think that's the dashing when you're block is broken) and ultimate techniques/guidance I should be able to do warrior. I just want to do it again on Acolyte to get everything.

I'm actually quite surprised that NG2 made it that high in the charts.

seconded. Its a game that has a strong fanbase but few people play it. just like the first one, which didnt even make it to the charts (as far as I can remember) so, Im impressed too