NEurope
S.C.G

Ninja Gaiden II

It's roughly two months to go until release day now so I figured it's high time we had a thread / new thread for this. :smile:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/686/686645.html

Overall it's shaping up to be every bit as good as the original <3 if not (dare I say it) better, the demo is due to hit XBLM this month and the game is due out the end of next month.

Who's hyped for / gonna get this? :smile:

I'm pretty pumped:)

Edge preview this month laments a truly shite camera though. Hopefully it'll still be super fucking wicked anyway like the last one.

I'm pretty pumped:)

Edge preview this month laments a truly shite camera though. Hopefully it'll still be super fucking wicked anyway like the last one.

The camera was awful in the first game so same old same old really. Is this game also going to come out for the PS3?

If the camera is the same as the one in Ninja Gaiden Sigma then nps cos lol it was one that you control yourself anyway so the only real problem with a system like that is if you put it in the wrong place. :/

So camera "issue" aside this should be every bit as awesome as the original. :smile:

As for the to PS3 or not to PS3 topic I think that if it comes out on the PS3 (which is unlikely atm) then the 360 should get a port of Ninja Gaiden Sigma as well, which baring in mind NGII seems to be exclusive to 360 is kind of mind boggling why the original hasn't been ported to the 360 allready, I know the Xbox had NG and NGB but meh a 360 port of NG with achievements and an unlockable version of the Nes NG would own. :P

Its weird...

I loved Ninja Gaiden so much that i have both the original XBOX games. I didn't buy Sigma because i couldn't be bothered to play through it three times.

I'm not excited about Ninja Gaiden II, at all. I've pre ordered it, but i'm not like "wooo can't wait!" kinda thing. Hell, i don't feel that at all about games these days.

The camera was awful in the first game so same old same old really.

The camera was much improved in Ninja Gaiden Black.

then the 360 should get a port of Ninja Gaiden Sigma as well

With improved graphics. The Sigma graphics are kind of "stuck in the middle"...while the original looked absolutely fantastic for an Xbox game, Sigma looked very poor for a next-gen re-release.

Anyway, I can't wait to chop off limbs.

The camera was much improved in Ninja Gaiden Black.

Or a patched/updated Ninja Gaiden.

the ability to slice off limbs is one i look forward too, frankly. I was a bit sore that only the japanese version had decapitations in the original so they better not censor it. presumably, it's too fundamental to the animation etc etc to do away with this time.

also, new weapons look sick as fuck. scythe, claws, akimbo swords. mmmm.

I have to admit to never having played a Ninja Gaiden before, but I'm looking forward to the demo, and from there possibly the full game.

I'll see you at the top of the leader-boards guys.

the ability to slice off limbs is one i look forward too, frankly. I was a bit sore that only the japanese version had decapitations in the original so they better not censor it. presumably, it's too fundamental to the animation etc etc to do away with this time.

Wasn't it just the US version of the original Ninja Gaiden (Xbox, not NES) that had decapitations. Still, they put them back into the game for Ninja Gaiden Black with no problems.

I'm hoping that the new weapons will be useful - the ones in NG weren't that wonderful apart from the Dragon Sword.

the little scythe things were shit hot in the original man. you talk in lies!

Yeah the Vigoorian Flail was badass and almost necessary against some enemies.

I hope they take some of the shit annoying enemies like the ghost fish out, cause they caused me to beat myself senseless with my controller.

This game seriously kicked my arse into submission. Not sure if I'll buy the sequel, I'm probably not man enough.

I hope they take some of the shit annoying enemies like the ghost fish out, cause they caused me to beat myself senseless with my controller.

Yeah the Vigoorian Flail was badass and almost necessary against some enemies.

Yeah. There's your solution :)

still good point. they were TEH FUCKS

Christ i'm looking forward to this. It's a far more substantial game than DMC and a crap load harder.

I knows, I completed it on Hard after all :D.

The new weapons look bad ass, but I hope it has some form of nunchaku. The Vigoorian flail was a combo machine.

Daiboro sword was a boss killer on sigma (mate has a ps3). Charge it up to full, then release. Rinse and repeat till bos was dead. Was it the same for the earlier versions?

I have completed Ninja Gaiden, but do miss it's harsh teachings and am mulling over getting Black. Also, apart from graphics and mission mode, what else was added in sigma, as I may just wait till i get a ps3 and get that version instead.

I just bought NG Black on 360 in a kind of hype trance. Lost my x box copy of the original, see...

Themes and Gamerpics are up on XBLM now, the clan theme is nice, also it shouldn't be long until the demo now, being as the game is out on June 6th! :o

Not long now...