NEurope
Mr. Bananagrabber

CUBE Magazine Discontinued

CUBE was awful. I won't miss it.

It's not so much the point that you didn't like it, it is what the magazine stands for and what it means to Nintendo. When there are so many other magazines for PS2 and Xbox and GC has so few, its a crying shame when one of them have to end.

Didnt read it, but it was one of those magazines i'd glance at and think was popular, so its quite a shock its discontinued.

So because I didnt read it, i wont miss it. No added comments coz i dunno whether it sucked or not.

It's not so much the point that you didn't like it, it is what the magazine stands for and what it means to Nintendo. When there are so many other magazines for PS2 and Xbox and GC has so few, its a crying shame when one of them have to end.

Sorry, I was being irrational for a minute. Good point.

I guess it's a shame that another Nintendo mag has been discontinued, but let's face it, CUBE was pretty poor wasn't it? Hopefully the far superior N64/NGC (of which I am the proud owner of every issue) will continue though.

Where's the love for CUBE gone. I for one will seriously miss it. Out of all the Cube mags , this was the only one whose reveiws I trusted , so who to believe now.

I have never been able to get on with NGC , and don't even get me started on NOM.

Farewell Cube , its been a good journey , and there are some of us who will miss you.

I used to read it every month but once they started to include DVDs and cheat disks, the maga zine went down hill.

I dont really read games magazines anymore as the internet is quicker and cheaper (i dont pay the bills!) EDGE is the only one i get now.

But will NGC finish too? I hope not....:(

I hope not as well - I subscribed to it recently through iSUBSCRiBE (26 issues for £37.14) and haven't received my first issue yet!! :hmm:

Apparently NGC is going to finish as well…which would really suck.

=/

And your source is what exactly...

i dont really see the point in gaming magazines anymore, wot with the internet and all.

A great mag, probably the best and most honest format dedicated magazine ever. It will be missed :(

If NGC stops i'll kill myself and everyone around me. But not in that order.

Can't really use the internet when on the toilet (yet anyway) i mean i guess you could use laptops...but its easier and lighter to use a magazine i guess.

Sad news for CUBE, thought the mag was alright. Don;t matter though, as i seem 2 get NGC as well.

Apparently NGC is going to finish as well…which would really suck.

=/

Not confirmed, just a wild rumour on the Gamesradar forums, stemming from reports that Future has acquired the official Nintendo license. Whether they will continue to publish both NOM and NGC, or merge them into one is unknown.

I bought the last issue of CUBE today, out of respect. It seems to have been quite a sudden decision as they are still advertising the next issue. It's doubly ashame, as next months issue actually looks quite good.

Oh well. Bye CUBE.

**holds a minutes silence**

NGC isn't going to finish just yet - I found a thread on Gamesradar and Geraint from NGC says:

"Seeing as I can't be bothered to reply to the PM's I've had about this, I thought I may as well post it up on here..

No, NGC is not closing down - it's business as usual. Not sure where the rumour started, but it isn't true."

Although the CUBE team didn't know they were out of jobs until the last minute so you never know!

Which magazines to buy if CUBE and NOM are quitting? :S

NOM are finishing? Where did you hear that from?!

NOM aren't finishing, their liscence is just up for grabs. There'll still be a NOM, but possibly by a different publishing company.

Sad to see CUBE go, but guys - NGC is totally better.

I feel sorry for everyone at Cube and is NOM finishing? surley not, its the official magazine! atleast NGC aint going, else there would be nothing

iv collected CUBE since issue 15 (originally only because i was collecting Total Advance when it was cancelled and the team moved to CUBE) and haven't missed one, yes it's gone downhill recently but that's only because there was so little to cover, there's just not enough going on in the world of gamecube anymore :nono:

they did mention a few months ago that big changes were afoot (they even changed their DVDs to a much better version with excellent visuals and menus etc) but i doubt this was part of the plan :( i think it's numbers plummeted too, no longer was it boasting "best selling unofficial nintendo magazine" so maybe NGC now owns that mantle (though in fairness EDGE doesn't bring in much more, about 31,000 to CUBE's 22,000 and its in no fear of being axed). it'd be good to see the team reunite for a revolution magazine next year but the way things are going that won't happen until nearly the summertime, although i did think there was plenty in the world of GBA and DS for a magazine at the mo... obviously not...

i hope NGC continues alongside a new, more adult-orientated NOM, can't wait to see what happens...

well, farewell CUBE, it's been a blast :D

CUBE WAS GREAT! everything was going well for them i got issue 52 and there was no warning. i thought it was amazing but it suddenly stopped. ill miss it and all the staff comments and views

some things made me laugh out loud

the retro pages looking back on old games were brilliant also