NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendofan64

Zelda : Majoras Mask or Wind Waker ?!?!

Hmmm Majoas Mask And Wind Waker Thats A Easy one to dicide I would go for

Majoras Mask but i just want to see what all you nintendo lovers wud think

Thanks

Nintendofan 64

Damn....that's a difficult one for me. Wind Waker was the 1st Zelda game i ever played, and MM didn't seem as real and worldy!!....I think it'll have to be MM though because of the difficulty and other things I can't really remember though.

Even though I never got round to completing Majoras it was a far more involving experience imo. Dunno why but I really wanna play both, both are cream of the crop fantastic games.

Wind Waker, me and Majora's Mask never seemed to get along e.g. long hours of screaming, throwing N64 pad at the floor, the shame of having to buy a walkthrough.

Wind Waker is incredible, and i'm now playing through Majora's Mask (Great Bay :awesome: ) so I wouldn't like to decide until I have finished Majora's.

I hardly gave MM a chance.

I really want to play it now! I should get it on that bonus disk that came out on the 'cube. Anyone know where I can get it?

I hardly gave MM a chance.

I really want to play it now! I should get it on that bonus disk that came out on the 'cube. Anyone know where I can get it?

eBay is your buddy

I'd say Wind Waker just edges it for me, Majora's Mask is fantastic I just prefer the standard open play as opposed to the three day limit.

Both exellent in their own way though!

Narrative wise, Majora's Mask is leagues ahead of Wind Waker, purely because it's script is so far distanced away from what we've ever seen. Character development throughout also deserves a notible mention I feel.

The three day cycle feature aswell, really brings in the feeling that this world is all living and breathing, and when you notice everyone else going about their daily lives while Link is trying to prevent the moon from ending it all...........it nearly brings a tear to your eye. It's definitely the black sheep of the Zelda franchise, and that's what will make it a cult classic in the future.

Wind Waker on the other hand, is an interactive Disney movie (to put it bluntly as we all know). But for me it just didn't evolve and differ itself enough from OOT. It's still one of my most favourite GameCube games though, as it's charm is always pulsating from beginning to end, and I will never forget playing through it. :smile:

MM by far. It is one of my favourite Zeldas and I have beat played and beat it many times over. Its just so cool having to race against the clock to do certain things everyday.

Ok, so what is the actual . . . thing, that includes MM for the 'cube called?

Ok, so what is the actual . . . thing, that includes MM for the 'cube called?

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition

You know what i'm gonna have to go against most of you here and say Wind Waker.

Majora's Mask was good but there were definatly problems. It was just that you were too rushed, you know. I loved to take Wind Waker and OoT slowy, just so i could admire the surroundings and beauty of it all. MM just stressed and frustrated me, especially with the timing of sidequests. I tip my hat to the darker story, but again, you were too rushed to appreciate the atmosphere. Kind of like the first pikmin.

And lets not forget that WW was simply beautiful, especially when you could just sit back and cruise the seas. I guess there was just more love in WW.

you were too rushed to appreciate the atmosphere.
The time limit created the atmosphere.

Majora's Mask easily.

As I've said before, I even rate MM above Ocarina of Time for many reasons. I think that people really didn't give MM a chance when it first came out because of the whole three day thing and the save system and such which is, admittedly, frustrating before you get used to it and really understand it.

MM really is a great game and if you didn't give it a chance on the N64 then go out and find a copy of the zelda collectors set on ebay or something. It's an amazing game.

The time limit created the atmosphere.

The time limit scared and frightened you, scared you into knowing that if you didn't hurry the f**k up you'd have to start the whole bloody thing again. The atmosphere was created in the level design and the music, especially in the typically perfect dungeons that we have come to expect from the Zelda games.

I'm not saying the time limit was a terrible idea, and I was quite glad that Nintendo took a chance and did something different. Hell the game is still one of my all time favourites. But it had many flaws unfortunatly, many of them because of sacrifices, such as (in my opinion) atmosphere. Just do the Test of the Gods bit in WW again. Imagine having to rush that. No thank you.

I don't know, I never really felt rushed to do stuff in MM. I took my sweet time (I'm a slow gamer) to explore everything and to talk to everyone and stuff. You don't always have to -finish- something in a three day cycle; sometimes it's just as fun to run around and look at things and then when you're ready, you can start the cycle over again. I never felt rushed and I never had the moon crash down on me either; the game was just awesome, especially in the dark atmosphere it has. And the sidequests ruled. Indeed, a lot of people didn't give MM a chance though, which is sad.

I'm having trouble deciding which one of the two games I like better though. I loved the character emotion you had in WW and the battle system... yet the atmosphere and the story in MM were a lot better. So erm... *thinks* I guess I'll go for MM then.

The MM time limit puts too much stress on the player (at least me, I never liked time limits), just remembering that if you don't finish that dungeon and beat the boss fast, you have to do it all over again as a punishement!!! I prefer WW it's much more relaxing and beautifull (except for the miracle water part, i hated that).

Sign in to follow this