NEurope
darksnowman

SimCity Creator

According to Gameplay it has been put back a week.

As for the hype , I was quite looking forward to this , but I have seen too many of this years Wii titles from EA being dumbed down for the 'expanded market' I may end up having to give this a miss.

IGN review ahoy and they give it a big fat mediocre 5.9.

This would have been a perfectly respectable SimCity game if the controls had been given more attention. The deep gameplay options and cool disasters are all here, but the actual creating is a hassle because the remote both places objects and scrolls the map. Why couldn't the nunchuk have been used for the map? The developers missed a good opportunity here because the Wii should be a good system for PC-like sims where the remote replaces the mouse. I like the MySims character designs and I'm all for personality, but advisors should actually provide some advice. Following last year's disappointing SimCity DS, it looks like Electronic Arts might be losing its way with this franchise.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/914/914004p1.html

I'm debating whether to get SimCity Creator on Wii or DS. I'm swayed towards the Wii because I want to play it on the TV...

They always complain about the control..

I liked the first DS game, so I'm getting this one for DS too.

So it looks like I may be better off sticking with Sim City on the VC after all , unless anyone on here buys this and gives it some positive opinions.

Haha, yeah SimCity on the VC is one of the games I have downloaded which I refuse to delete! I've checked some videos on Gametrailers of SimCity on Wii, and I don't think it looks shocking. Hopefully some more reviews and stuff will surface soon, as well as yesteryeargames impressions... basically, I need it to get crazily low reviews across the board if I'm gonna be put off.

(Its SimCity! What could be so horribly bad about it?!)

Reading about the control issues put me off a fair bit , plus things like typos which give it an unfinished impression.

Also the mention of excessively long loading times to access the (useless) advisors brought back nasty memories of the game-breaking loading in My Sims , admittedly you won't need the advisors as much as you had to enter/exit houses in My Sims.

That being said I still need to trade in that POS so I will be interested to hear what you guys think when it drops.

ign score isnt bad, look for a few more reviews, at the end of the day tho if its fun to play and u think so , should it matter., ill have a mini review tomorrow

I have played the DS version for a few hours. I think it's pretty good. Advancing from one age to another is quite fun, all the buildings get a new look and new ones are unlocked. You start with some kind of stone age civilization and go through two stages before finally reaching present day. There's four stages and seven civilizations and you will have to play through the game three times to unlock them all. Other than that is pretty much like every other Sim City game. Although is handy feature that let you undo anything you have built, in case you made that road a bit too long.

I have one question, the RCI bar, is it the longer the bar the higher the demand, or opposite?

Well, I saw this badboy in Game... and obviously I was there with every intention of buying it but to my surprise its priced at £39.99. That took me surprise! I can't remember the last time I bought a game for £40 and I'm not sure I've even paid that much for any of my Wii games, lol. I'm gonna mull it over this afternoon and maybe buy it later if I can talk myself into forking out.

Well, I saw this badboy in Game... and obviously I was there with every intention of buying it but to my surprise its priced at £39.99. That took me surprise! I can't remember the last time I bought a game for £40 and I'm not sure I've even paid that much for any of my Wii games, lol. I'm gonna mull it over this afternoon and maybe buy it later if I can talk myself into forking out.

Try phoning a couple of supermarkets, had a quick check on Asda's website and it's £30 which is usually the in store price too.

The DS version is the best Sim City game I've ever played. Not so sure about the Wii version. Could be fiddly pointing :p Curvy roads is a massive improvement though.

I've been playing Sim City since "day 1" and it will take something a bit special to top the DS version. (And yes, I can put up with the my sims characters - even though the guidance dude wears glasses at the dawn of civilisation!)

Great, great title.

Well I got it... and tbh, the last few hours actually did fly by. The inclusion of 15 tutorials to go through did take some time, but playing the game is oh so easy... and actually, kinda relaxing! I think its the fact that its played with remote only is adding a kind of Endless Ocean chilled out effect to it all.

So far, control wise the only thing I'm finding to be a bit iffy is laying roads in a straight line. There's a tool that allows you to keep it straight, yeah, but its still a wee bit difficult to keep it straight and within the grid lines- cos I like to have stuff layed out neatly. :D One other issue that could arise is that it might be hard to see how the lie of the terrain... a few times I've zoned some stuff out, then went to lay roads around it to find that there are slopes that I didn't notice before.

Plus! You can take snapshots. I don't think you can share them over WiiConnect24 though which is a pity, but I could be wrong on that. (I deleted some VC stuff to make room for the save file... it was 127 odd blocks!! :o)

How is it compared to the DS version? Like building types and missions? Thinking about buying it for Wii as well, but not if they are identical.

I'm not sure how it compares to the DS one. There doesn't seem to be varied maps in this which is a bit weird! Maybe I've missed something, but it just seems like there is one land mass and you select an area of it to develop with an eventual view to developing it all as different towns and cities. You start off in the year 1900 and work from there as usual. Things are pretty in depth and the only thing that really hampers it is that I find that I want to freely pan the camera rather than be stuck with the preset angles.

There is scenario/ mission mode too but I haven't looked into that yet.