NEurope
AeroScap

GTA IV + people = stabby?

Basically to shorten it:

GTAstabbingKNP_468x361.jpg

"A man was stabbed last night while queueing to buy one of the first copies of controversial new video game Grand Theft Auto 4."

"Shocked fellow gamers - including young children - initially thought the stabbing was part of a stunt put on by shop bosses to whip up excitement about the title's release.

He was taken to a south London hospital for treatment to several stab wounds, a spokeswoman said. He has since been discharged.

A police spokesman said: "The victim was passing a queue of people who were waiting for the store to open for a special event.

He was attacked by a young man with a knife who appeared to be in the queue."

See the article here

Firstly a few comments:

1) When has there recently been any games which would validate staying awake and playing half asleep for? Even for my favourite games I wouldnt do so I'd just wait till it is in stock or the day after..

2) Video games = violence (or just croydon?)

3) Loving the sneaky reference to past take2 exploits just to make it sound more evil..

views?

1) No game is worth a midnight launch imo. Maybe picking it up when the shop opens in the morning.

2) It is probably more likely that violent people are attracted to violent media than violent media inducing violence in people.

He totally deserved it. Bet that bastard won't pass in front of anyone else in a queue.

He totally deserved it. Bet that bastard won't pass in front of anyone else in a queue.

Thing is I dont think he would be doing much of anything with the stab wounds to everywhere on him.

Frankly I wold eventually buy GTA IV caus i know it would be awesome but to be honest the release date had snuck up on me. Worth a stabbing..? Hell no..

Surely there must have been a reason. Why would he be waiting in the queue the suddenly want to stab someone.

Controversial? Hows can this series be controversial after like 8 different games?

1) No game is worth a midnight launch imo. Maybe picking it up when the shop opens in the morning.

It depends... here in portugal, we got no lines in midnight launches. It's just going there and buying it. On the spot. No queues whatsoever. There's little or no people there. Go small countries, go!

It depends... here in portugal, we got no lines in midnight launches. It's just going there and buying it. On the spot. No queues whatsoever. There's little or no people there. Go small countries, go!

Also I suspect the weather isn't always piss poor like it is here! :p

Holy shit! That's the Gamestation I buy my games from!

did you get stabbed??

"Free stabbing with every game, no refunds"

"Shocked fellow gamers - including young children - initially thought the stabbing was part of a stunt put on by shop bosses to whip up excitement about the title's release.

What the hell were young children doing there in the first place. Also why was this worth reporting in the Daily Mail? Last week someone near where I live got stabbed coming back from and Aldi but it didn't result in national news coverage on the dangers of buying budget food items. And finally how dense must the stabber be to do it in such a public place, no chance of saying "it wasn't me guv" what with the hundreds of witnesses.

this can happen any where in the world in any group of people.. any way i don't like GTA4 or any other GTA for that matter. i do not want to wonder the streets and just kill any one i like and steal any thing. i had my share of misery in my life and i do not want to go over it again!

I remember hearing of muggings and stabbings around the world during queues for the PS3 as well, though this is a bit more ridiculous. It's just another example of how fucked up the country is getting, before I even read the article, I bet the thug in question is also under the age of 21. It's a joke, and I'll be interested to see the outcome of this case, cos I bet that'll be a joke too.

this can happen any where in the world in any group of people.. any way i don't like GTA4 or any other GTA for that matter. i do not want to wonder the streets and just kill any one i like and steal any thing. i had my share of misery in my life and i do not want to go over it again!

Then don't. It doesn't force you to kill random people.

Also I suspect the weather isn't always piss poor like it is here! :p

Actually, you're wrong. Weather here sucks. :heh:

Actually, you're wrong. Weather here sucks. :heh:

Ahh, well. At least I get the satisfaction of knowing the weather is crap everywhere! :smile:

It's quite simple why the guy got stabbed, hardcore gamers (haha I love that word) get really pent up if you're waiting for ages and then somebody jumps the que.

So he stabbed him, teach the bastard to que jump doesn't it.

Yeah it was Croydon, GTA had nothing to do with him being stabbed would have happened anyway.

Yeah it was Croydon, GTA had nothing to do with him being stabbed would have happened anyway.

QFT

a better title would be 'bellend + Knife = Stabby.

What the hell were young children doing there in the first place. Also why was this worth reporting in the Daily Mail? Last week someone near where I live got stabbed coming back from and Aldi but it didn't result in national news coverage on the dangers of buying budget food items. And finally how dense must the stabber be to do it in such a public place, no chance of saying "it wasn't me guv" what with the hundreds of witnesses.

Yeah of course 18+ cert means young children...

1) When has there recently been any games which would validate staying awake and playing half asleep for? Even for my favourite games I wouldnt do so I'd just wait till it is in stock or the day after..

You only refer to midnight launches in the last part of this quote. Are you implying that the moment you yawn at home the console is off and your tucked nicely in bed?

Typical, people will do anything to get hold of GTA quicker than someone else. And it seems will do anything to get hold of GTA quicker than anyone else as well as a matter of fact.