NEurope
Iun

Iron Man

Fucking Amazing!! I saw it 2 hours ago. It really is a great origins story movie. I loved how they didn't jump like half a year later and so now Iron Man is a big hero.... (spiderman), leaving so much to make a great sequal.:yay: :awesome:

Robert downy Jr was just so fun to watch, I don't think anyone else could have pulled off that cocky charismatic rich fun asshole any better than him. And Gweneth, I'm not a big fan of hers, but damn she look so hot as a red head in this. And the ditzy-ness of hers towards the end was the cherry on top.

Got 3 "mehs" out of 5 for me.

Was fairly enjoyable, but like most comic book films, with the exception of Batman Begins and Spiderman, was mostly style over substance. The whole "terrorists trying to steal a super weapon" has been done hundreds of times before and in many cases, done better (see True Lies) And the turn of the bald bad guy, forget his name, was a bit hard to swallow too.

Though I've never read the comics so I don't know if this was as it was or not.

On a more positive note, Downey Jr was awesome as Stark quite surprisingly and the special effects were done pretty well considering the amount of CGI used

Set things up nicely for a sequel, and hopefully that will be a bit better

(Here are my amazing trailers)

Iron Man Teaser Trailer

Iron Man 2 Teaser Trailer

Loved it.

4/5!

can't wait for the sequel, and the one after that! (AVENGERS!!!!!!)

I've never actually got my mitts on an Iron Man comic but I always thought the cartoon was lame, stark was so fucking obnoxious. Saying this I saw the film and loved it. The storyline was patchy in places but Downey held it together amazingly. He was mad awesome. He's no Bale tho. Role on Dark Knight.

4.5/5

P.s. Gwyneth was looking fiine.

Watched this last night and absolutely loved it! Didn't see any of the trailers beforehand and really, knew nothing about the story of Iron Man.

Such a good movie! 4/5!

Saw it over the weekend, was really good. Thought Robert Downing Jr played the role superbly. Loved it.

I made my girlfriend stay till the end too, she just didn't understand all my fuss.

Well I saw it last night, and its absolutely unmistakeable. 100% definitely Caps shield. Sooooo awesome.

Haven't seen it more than once, but that is such a cool easter egg. :yay:

Haven't seen it more than once, but that is such a cool easter egg. :yay:

It really is. I can't believe I didnt hear about it before now.

Got 3 "mehs" out of 5 for me.

Was fairly enjoyable, but like most comic book films, with the exception of Batman Begins and Spiderman, was mostly style over substance. The whole "terrorists trying to steal a super weapon" has been done hundreds of times before and in many cases, done better (see True Lies)

But Iron Man was written before True Lies....

Plus, they're completely different terrorists, based in a completely different environment, I thought the generic Afgan terrorists were decently done.

I thought the film was great, the best comic film so far, followed closely by Batman...

The film had emotion, morals, and such running right through it, and my only complaints are that some things seemed rather unrealistic (flying that well on the 1st proper test etc), that the end was rushed by 5-10 mins, and that there was too much Tony Stark compared to Iron Man :heh:

I REALLY hope the sequel(s) live up to this one, and hope they make a Captain America film, which is at least as good as this one.

Yinsen FTW

4/5

But Iron Man was written before True Lies....

It was, really? True Lies is like, over 10 years old. Iron Man (the Motion Picture) is pretty darn new.

And yeah overall it was pretty meh, but enjoyable.

Hahahahaha.

Amazing how the Geek World can be duped by Hype. Average and flare-less in every way. Plain awful in some places, like the end. A Hulk-grade film.

Shame that Downey Jr had to put his name to it. Best thing in the movie.

3/10

I thought Hulk was better than this, at least that had decent characterisation and was visually more interesting.

I'm with you on that one.

And I think the above dude meant the comic.

And Spiderman and Batman are in a different league. Like Champion's League. Iron Man is Division One.

The hulk film was AWFUL. So bored, was falling asleep and really angry that I paid for that "shitalloverthecomic" film. You need your eyes checked if you thought A: hulk was a decent film and B: if you thought it was better than iron man, which you have just stated is what you think.

I hear Specsavers give free eye check ups :heh:

No, Iron Man was boring. It didn't challenge anything, just run-of-the-mill story structure and ho-hum characters. Ang Lee at least brought sensitivity to an otherwise uninspired origin story, creating a sympathetic Jekyll or even Hunchback of Notre Dam type character.

Yes it was slow and even dull in places but it tries something else and that's more than I can say for Iron Man's complete lack of depth.

Iron man had a much better story with much better actors. For the first 20 mins i was hooked, before I remembered where I was and came back to reality. Hulk was a confused mess. I could not care less about the sequel.

Good eye sight is not necessary if you're seeing Iron Man. Had about as much visual flair as a bowl of weetabix.

Put it this way: I hate The Hulk 1, but I would rather watch that than Iron Man 1.

Ironically the Hulk sequel would be right up your alley.

Ironically the Hulk sequel would be right up your alley.

I have seen trailers for it but the first left such a horrible taste in my mouth that I don't want to be stung again. Also, they changed the cast, and even though Ed Norton is one of the best, changing the actors will stick in my mind.