NEurope
Dan_Dare

Worst Game stories :)

Advance Wars series... the original had a nice story that fitted nicely with the gameplay, but it slipped with 2, got rubbish with DS and as for the latest entry... well thank fuck you could skip the dialogue.

Assassins Creed is a damn good contender.

Well I agree to some extend but I haven´t finished.

The "twist" at the beginning pretty much sapped away all interest I had in the game...

The story was the best thing about the game.

Is that the plot of the guy doesn't pay 50 Cent for his performance, and says "I was gonna pay you an ancient diamond, but thieves stole it, so you must get it back from them"?

I think it's about fiddy cents giving a concert in the middleast somewhere.. and out of nowhere these bad bad muslims appear and fiddy cents and his bad ass rapper friends have to save the day.. it goes without saying that if you are a "bad ass rapper" you know by default how to fire all sorts of weapons..

Halo has a piss poor story. The only thing it has going for it is the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana.

DoA 2, dear lord... project epsilon... oh man, how I laughed.

This is a bit subjective I mean, I can say some stories that are bad considering the hype they're given, like Halo:CE which is just completly generic, but I'm sure there are lots of games that I didn't play or I forgot with genuinely horrible stories. Like Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 or wtvr you wanna call it.

I sort of like the original Halo plot for the specific reason it didn't really get in the way: I'm fighting aliens on a super weapon infested with zombies, and it's a race against time.

That's all I really have to know, and as soon as the base premise is established it slips behind the scenes and doesn't get in the way of the action, which is more then can be said for most games. Halo 2 and 3, for example. Specifically the giant-psychic-plant-thing. What was even the point in it? It barely had any relevance to the plot.

I agree about Gravemind but I really like the settting of the halo games. The covenant are pretty sweet, the human tech is really sweet and the chief is a baddass of epic proportions. not because of the cut scenes but because of how you play. The arbiter in 2 was also a nice touch.

It did get very hammy, though. Not denying that.

Halo has a piss poor story. The only thing it has going for it is the relationship between Master Chief and Cortana.

I agree with this. Halo's story is poor but some of the characters are good.

Actually Halo 2 and 3 had a nice story and setting, specially if you read the computer thingies in the Ark in Halo 3, kinda like in Metroid. Nothing phenomenal storywise, it was a mix of Stargate, Metroid and loads of other sci-fi things but it did create a good story-telling/cinematic mood.

Master Chief is a turd though, he's just... generic. Which is OK with me, I actually think that was the point, he wasn't supposed to be fleshed out, but then some people say he's an awesome character and I go "What?". Arbiter is awesome, that's who.

I actually kinda like Halo's (especially the first one's) story, but that may be because the aliens are trying to kill all the humans for religious reasons... :heh:

Some of the plot twists are pretty good - Halo is a giant weapon, Keyes unleashes the Flood (and then the room fills with them), the thing in charge (Guilty Spark) offers you a way to stop the Flood, Halo works by killing all sentient life, Guilty spark is trying to kill you, and the then the generic, Metroid-esque "oh my god the whole thing is about to blow up!" fleeing section.

Halo 2 is also pretty good, but how the hell does Johnson get off the first Halo?

I must agree that Gears' story is indeed a big pile of wank.

As much as I loved it, Tales of Symphonia's story became unnecessarily complicated towards the end.

I sort of like the original Halo plot for the specific reason it didn't really get in the way: I'm fighting aliens on a super weapon infested with zombies, and it's a race against time.

Yeah, but I like to know why I'm doing what I'm doing. Shooting stupid aliens in Halo and shooting ugly targets is the same thing to me, really.

And Master Chief = Most generic main character ever.

Maybe that's the whole point, but the fact that Halo fans label MC as badass...Please.

The same thing can be said for fanboys that like Link or Chrono, really.

As much as I loved it, Tales of Symphonia's story became unnecessarily complicated towards the end.

The only confusing part of the ending was

"WTF did Mithos do to stay alive and do all that crap? And why did he transform into that Evangelion Angel-like-thingy?"

But that's either minor speculation, or a quick excuse for an unecessary Monstrous Final Boss. The Tales series is filled with those.

The really confusing part was the Crazy Tree arc. Too much info at once. And Lloyd understanding what the hell was going on, when almost nobody did, was even more dizzying.

Link and Crono are a little different, because they're supposed to be the player, as well as a lot of old school RPG characters, they strayed away from that with Master Chief from the ending of Halo 2 and just made him generic. If they kept him mostly "passive", he would act as a link to the player.

MGS on xbox is the wrost story ive come across...was very confusing

also eternal sonata's story has bored me to tears at points (thank god for the skip option)

Indeed;

"Oh look, a wall!"

THE END!

:confused:

Link and Crono are a little different, because they're supposed to be the player, as well as a lot of old school RPG characters, they strayed away from that with Master Chief from the ending of Halo 2 and just made him generic. If they kept him mostly "passive", he would act as a link to the player.

Actually, I compared them based on their Fanbase. I can't understand people who say Crono, Link and MC are great characters (Link's design has a certain appeal, but that's not nearly enough).

Silent protagonists are fine on their own, really. I just don't get the fanbase some of them get.

OH! and FFVIII.

And why, I hear you ask.

Where you return to the Matron's house, I believe, and suddenly everyone's like:

"O MAI DAIZ I REMEMBER DIS PLACE!"

"DATS CUZ WE ALL LIVED HERE!"

"EVEN ME! THE ONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!"

"O YEH! WE ALL MYSTERIOUSLY KNEW EACHOTHER YET NONE OF US REMEMBERED!"

Seriously... WHAT!? Why does everyone suddenly know eachother?! And the person you thought was bad all through the beginning is suddenly good?

Right.

MGS on xbox is the wrost story ive come across...was very confusing

Did you play the first one? Not that that's any excuse, every MGS has a pretty good story imo.