NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

£350 Laptop - The best one?

Just wondering whats the best laptop i can get for £350.

Im not good with PC specs, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

yeah I know...just want something capable of playing modernish games like GTA;SA for example.

Wait for the new asus eee if you dont want to play games, if you do, then its never going to happen.

yeah I know...just want something capable of playing modernish games like GTA;SA for example.

Well okay, say for example... the Sims 2 (relatively modern game yes?)

I have a £700 laptop with a 8600M GT graphics card. It can be quite laggy at times, and also takes a while to load up (I mean not a stupid amount of time but a considerable gap between it and my £600 desktop)

Also the given fact of vista - it whores ram. I have 3gb, and half of it is used with MSN and FF running.

Not necessarily a bad thing (better using ram than pagefile right?) but when you take into consideration that integrated graphics require space in the ram, it changes the whole perspective.

Also integrated graphics cards wont actually allow you to run some games at all.

On a £600 laptop I had a couple years ago with integrated graphics, and it was impossible to play SA on it. The frame rate was pathetic. Now this was a couple years ago yes, but integrated graphics suck and can't even play semi-old games like SA.

If it's at all possible get a desktop, then you shouldn't have much trouble at all!

On a £600 laptop I had a couple years ago with integrated graphics, and it was impossible to play SA on it. The frame rate was pathetic. Now this was a couple years ago yes, but integrated graphics suck and can't even play semi-old games like SA.

*nods*

Your talking around the £800 mark to play them reasonably, and the £1000 mark to play them well.

Sign in to follow this