NEurope
flameboy

Mythos

Dunno how much people know about this game. Basically whilst making Hellgate London, Flagship Studios worked on a Baldurs Gate/Diablo type game called Mythos. Best bit it is completely free to play. It is currently in beta testing. It was previously closed but they seem to be rolling out more places and I've got one! Got an email today woot!

I've never heard of it, but I like the sound of "free" so I put my email address in :D

Had a go yet flameboy?

I've never heard of it, but I like the sound of "free" so I put my email address in :D

Had a go yet flameboy?

no at work unfortunately...I am on night duty though so may try and install it when theres less people around. It was on the 1up Show a few weeks back and looked pretty good.

I've never heard of it, thought from the title you were referring to a popular Greek lager. I may take a look into it as it is free.

New features ahoy as the game just gets bigger;

Valued Mythos testers,

Has it been a while since you've played the ongoing Mythos closed beta test? Are you ready to experience a whole new type of online action RPG?

If you answered yes to either question, you'll be happy to know we've completely rebuilt our free MMORPG from the ground up to be more expansive, cohesive, and seamless. We're calling this revamp the Mythos Overworld. As one of our valued testers, you can play in Mythos' Overworld it right now.

Previously, Mythos' dungeons and monsters were instanced off safe towns. The towns are still safe, but the world around them has grown to be more like that of a conventional MMORPG. Now players of Mythos can actually explore a fully realized persistent world, meeting and adventuring with other people outside town.

All this is available right now on our Mythos Test Center. It's still in development, but if you'd like to try it out early, all you have to do is start up Mythos and select "Mythos Test Center" from the login screen's dropdown menu.

If you need to download the Mythos client again, just head to http://www.mythos.com, login with your account name and password, and download the client in our designated downloads section.

Hope to see you online this weekend!

-- Flagship Studios