NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Twozzok

Setting which monitor to run applications on.

(I use UltraMon)

Is there a way to force the monitor a program will run in?

This has me stumped. I currently have my LCD set as the secondary monitor, so I can click 'Disable Secondary' and use my 360, while still having my windows and stuff on my side CRT.

The problem with this is when I run full screen games they run only on the primary (which is to the side and therefore neck aching).

At the moment whenever I want to game I have to switch my LCD to primary, which sucks balls and is hassle.

I've tried clicking my 'Move to next monitor' hotkey, and stuff. But it just flickers and carries on being in the same monitor :(

Help.

I had the same problem with Ultramon but I don't use dual monitor anymore.

Maybe you can set something in the graphics driver about which screen to use. Normally they offer quite a few options to set for all or specific games.

If you use ultramon and fiddle with the graphics card settings at the same time, all sorts of things can go wrong. Its a real pain to fix. >_>

I tried to do this, and every time I booted up my pc the monitors switched round... Was the most annoying thing ever.

I wanted to play games on my secondary monitor. I tried google, tried the graphics settings... everything i could think of, to no real solution.

There is no solution to this, even ultramon doesn't support custom application control.

Windows defaults 90% of programs to your default monitor, you can change your default monitor on ultramon then drag everything around so that it looks the same only apps will run on the other monitor.

There is no solution to this, even ultramon doesn't support custom application control.

Windows defaults 90% of programs to your default monitor, you can change your default monitor on ultramon then drag everything around so that it looks the same only apps will run on the other monitor.

It's really annoying, 'cos I'd love to set my LCD as my primary as I have most apps on it anyways, but I need to be able to disable it to run my 360 on :(

Oh well, I guess every time I wanna play a PC game full screen I'll have to swap round which monitor is primary ¬_¬

EDIT: Fucksake, it was only one extra button click to solve my proble, none of this going into the nvidia control panel anymore ^_^

Just click 'Set Primary>Monitor 1' when i wanna play a game, then Monitor two afterwards :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this