NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Join the Army? Or not?

That and they failed school and all the builders apprenticeships were taken.

That's a slightly ignorant view. And I'd say it's barely even true with regards to the Navy and RAF.

Yes. I find it slightly insidious.

Why? Everyone needs a purpose in life. Everyone needs a direction. Some people find it through love, others through hobbies. Lots of people find it through careers.

Why? Everyone needs a purpose in life. Everyone needs a direction. Some people find it through love, others through hobbies. Lots of people find it through careers.

Yes, but surely finding your own direction might be better then joining an organisation where it is dictated to you?

That's a slightly ignorant view. And I'd say it's barely even true with regards to the Navy and RAF.

Coming from Nottingham you should know very well that builders apprenticeships is all the degenerates are left with.

Yes, but surely finding your own direction might be better then joining an organisation where it is dictated to you?

But it depends on the person. Some people might want to be dictated to. It makes life easier. That might be their direction.

But it depends on the person. Some people might want to be dictated to. It makes life easier. That might be their direction.

But are they not then giving away a lot of their own personal freedom just to get away from making their own decisions?

Coming from Nottingham you should know very well that builders apprenticeships is all the degenerates are left with.

True in most cases but not all. And I was referring more to the forces side of your post.

I'd agree with you. Although there is someone i know who got many A's and A*'s at GCSE and still decided to get an apprenticeship as a builder. I know that in an apprenticeship they're only learning, but £100 a week 9-5 just seems like a ripoff to me.

True in most cases but not all. And I was referring more to the forces side of your post.

True, I am giving them too much credit. They couldn't get off their arses long enough to sign on the dole.

I'd agree with you. Although there is someone i know who got many A's and A*'s at GCSE and still decided to get an apprenticeship as a builder. I know that in an apprenticeship they're only learning, but £100 a week 9-5 just seems like a ripoff to me.

Because £20 a week for 9-3:15 is much better.

True, I am giving them too much credit. They couldn't get off their arses long enough to sign on the dole.

Well I'd respect anybody with any job at all over somebody on the dole/claiming benefits.

But are they not then giving away a lot of their own personal freedom just to get away from making their own decisions?

LOL very true...Seems similar to how peasants would sell their own arses into slavery for a better shot at survival. But to be fair, joining a modern army is a reliable career choice.

Because £20 a week for 9-3:15 is much better.

College/6th forms different. If i was doing a job (labour) i would expect more.

It's not really something I'd consider. The Navy, sure. I'd love to join the Navy. Should conscription become enforced, I'd ask to be sent to the Navy.

I wouldn't mind the Army, either. Good salary, good friends, and you're part of one of the greatest armed forces in the World.

I wouldn't mind the SAS either, but seeing as 1 in ten people graduate. I doubt it.

To be honest before I would join the army - I would rather finish a electronics/computer science/engineering degree and work for a military partner. BAE, EADS are companies with a bright future and they pay good and the only part of you in a war zone is the rocket/jet/whatever you build.

The moral part still stays but since you don't directly kill anyone it is less heavy.

I'm anti any form of military, even though I know it's necesary.

If you want to be horrified/traumatised/killed, go ahead.

Joining the army is an easy way out of poverty. I don't know about you guys but where I live there are quite a lot of poor people. It's far from the worst in the country but my local town was voted 9th worst place to live in Britain and Nottingham was 4th. In a deprived area it's not easy to get out of poverty and joining the army provides an easy(ish) way of doing so.

Joining the army is an easy way out of poverty. I don't know about you guys but where I live there are quite a lot of poor people. It's far from the worst in the country but my local town was voted 9th worst place to live in Britain and Nottingham was 4th. In a deprived area it's not easy to get out of poverty and joining the army provides an easy(ish) way of doing so.

Hmmm i never knew Mansfield was the 9th worst place to live, i knew it was bad, but not that bad.

Poor exam results seal Mansfield’s fate and it’s only saved from falling lower thanks to low carbon emissions.

OMG low carbon emissions, we're all saved!

I'm anti any form of military, even though I know it's necesary.

If you want to be horrified/traumatised/killed, go ahead.

Absoloutly. What I can't stand is these people you occasionally come across who want the Army demolished.

I would have loved to join the RAF, but Ive been in a relationship for the last 8 years and its never been an option. Id never join the army, because it looks as if they suck all of the character out of you. Im far too different to survive that...

I would have loved to join the RAF, but Ive been in a relationship for the last 8 years and its never been an option. Id never join the army, because it looks as if they suck all of the character out of you. Im far too different to survive that...

Don't you get le same military training in the RAF as you would the Army?

Yeah sure, go for it, it's not like it's going to kill you (Don't worry, I'm not against war, well unless it's trench warfare which I feel should be a last ditch effort).

Seriously though some of my friends are naval men, I prefer breasts though. I did once know an artist with the military. He was dismissed though because he kept drawing enemy fire. Anyway if you have the opportunity I say aim high and take a shot, but avoid friendly aircraft.

Thankyou I'll be here all week, be sure to try the steak.

Don't you get le same military training in the RAF as you would the Army?

You dont need to learn to be a soldier in order to move mud! The RAF are all about providing air cover for the army. The Navy gets them to where they need to be.

Yeah sure, go for it, it's not like it's going to kill you (Don't worry, I'm not against war, well unless it's trench warfare which I feel should be a last ditch effort).

Seriously though some of my friends are naval men, I prefer breasts though. I did once know an artist with the military. He was dismissed though because he kept drawing enemy fire. Anyway if you have the opportunity I say aim high and take a shot, but avoid friendly aircraft.

Thankyou I'll be here all week, be sure to try the steak.

tumbleweed.jpg

I was thinking about joining the French Foreign Legion but minimum contract is 5 years.

For me personally i wouldn't join the army. I know i would hate it! I'm not built for that kind of thing! :D

And if i had to be thrown into a war situation i know i would instantly die as i would refuse to fire at anyone. :) I'd be useless!

That and they failed school and all the builders apprenticeships were taken.

Your an arsehole. When you can do something as meaningful as fight for your country. Be prepared to die for your mates. The come back with your stupid comments.

Another thing to remember is that you get papped out once you hit 55 unless you're really high ranking.

You might get turfed out at 55. But by then you will ahvea good pension and you will only need a part time job to top it up. SO you can semi retire at 55.

Fuck no.

Why the hell would you want to go serve in a meaningless war whilst under paied and not propperly equipped?

I woudnt say bringing democracy, rights to women and riding the world of the plauge that is HEroin meaningless. Even if it is taking longer than many would wish.

If you cant alreadyu tell. I am in the forces. The navy to be exact. Attached to the marines. And to be honest i am very much considering a transfer to the army. Want to be a bit more frontline.

I was in a simaler positon. I had just compleated a modern aprentaship with a major car manufaturer and realised i wasnt ahppy with my life.

You cannot explain what being in the forces is like to a civi who hasnt been there.

Civys tend to dwell on the negatives ie:

You could die, You mite die crossing the road its not something worth thinking about.

People shout at you, After about a week, you stop taking it personal. Once you manage to do that it makes no odds wether someone is shouting at you or talking to you.

You may have to kill people, Yes you might but the people you are killing are people who you are killing are probably people who woudnt blink and eye about killing you.

NOW THE POSATIVES

You get to see the world. In less than 2 years with the navy i have so far been to Norway, Germany (twice), Poland and wales ( i had never been to wales). I have also been to many places in England and Scotland i had never been before.

You will make real friends. Friends for life. Friends who are willing t oput it all on the line for you. And you will be for them.

You get real life experiences. Things to tell the grand kids.

Suicide is the biggest killer of men ages 18 - 30. The suicide rate for men in the forces is lower than the average. So depending which way you look at it you may live longer than you would as a civi.

The money isnt that bad. Its just not good for the job we do. Considering how much money other civil servants earn.

In short GO FOR IT and DONT LOOK BACK. IT IS BY FAR THE BEST THING I EVER DID.

Sign in to follow this