NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
EchoDesiato

Wii now region free thanks to the homebrew scene!

Yup, play your import games without a Freeloader.

You need a copy of Zelda and an SD card for it to work. You have to start up Zelda for it to work, which is a bit of a hassle, so I'll just stick with my Freeloader. Maybe they'll make it into a channel later somehow.

Not all games work though, such as Brawl. But they're still working on it, so who knows. This is great news for both non-Freeloader owners and owners. When Nintendo updates the Wii firmware to make the Freeloader useless, there's always a back up plan.

I'd still rather get the free-loader, it works for all games, and its less hassle. I have Freeloader and its very easy to use so, no problems.

All I see coming from this is Nintendo blocking it in a firmware update and catching the Freeloader with the same net by accident.

In honesty, how many people will find out about this, then how many will actually bothering going through all this hassle.

Really not many.

All I see coming from this is Nintendo blocking it in a firmware update and catching the Freeloader with the same net by accident.

Different things, Nintendo already has the necessary code to block the freeloader, this is something entirely different and the twilight hack has existed for quite a while.

Also this mode switches image modes meaning, people whose freeloader worked b&w won't get this problem (don't know if that's the case for 50hz only tv).

Yes I know, bump, but wanted to say I tested this today with US No More Heroes, works like a charm.

Sign in to follow this