NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I'm thinking about getting a new tv / monitor for christmas, this one infact http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/monitors/lcd/lcdtvmonitors/ls19dowssedc.asp?page=Specifications

Anyway, i know the Wii would easily play on that with all the inputs it has, but would it look good? I know that it does 16:10 instead of 16:9.... so it would be great if someone could explain what that meens?

I think i will be using a componant cable if i got it.

I know that it does 16:10 instead of 16:9.... so it would be great if someone could explain what that meens?

It's just the ratio, 16 inches to 10 inches. A larger tv on the same ratio would be 32 inches to 20 inches. 16:9 or 32:18. A 19" widescreen is 19" diagionally, which is 16:10.

Silly question, but the component cables sold in the US are the exact same ones to be sold here, right?

I'll probably import a component cable from the US, to be sure I have it at the time of the European launch...

Silly question, but the component cables sold in the US are the exact same ones to be sold here, right?

I'll probably import a component cable from the US, to be sure I have it at the time of the European launch...

Absolutely, the cables are identical. I bought my GameCube component cable from Japan and it worked perfectly on my PAL machine, no worries there!

Absolutely, the cables are identical. I bought my GameCube component cable from Japan and it worked perfectly on my PAL machine, no worries there!

Thanks. :bowdown:

Guys, I have a pretty nice widescreen LCD monitor with my PC. I also have a VGA box. I could get my Gamecube to work through the VGA box on an old monitor, but not this nice new one - I always assumed that was because the Gamecube doesn't have progressive scan.

Does that mean the Wii most likely will work through my VGA box onto my monitor?

If not, I'll be using a plain LCDTV (non HD), which I'm hoping not to use because it's fairly small and square. But if I have to resort to that, RGB is my best choice, right?

if the signals converting to VGA then it should work. Maybe the resolution your VGA box outputs is not supported by your lcd

Does anyone know if the RGB cable still seperates the audio connectors so I can plug them in my surround set for Pro Logic II?

I changed my 360 setting yesterday down to 480p, and compared to 1080p it was pretty fuzzy. But i expected this, apart from a little bluriness around some edges, it wasnt all that different really. Now i cant wait for the Wii on my nice HDTV :D

I changed my 360 setting yesterday down to 480p, and compared to 1080p it was pretty fuzzy. But i expected this, apart from a little bluriness around some edges, it wasnt all that different really. Now i cant wait for the Wii on my nice HDTV :D

Well, Gamecube looks pretty shit on a HDTV, and I expect something similar with the Wii, maybe with progressive makes a real difference.

(I'm stating the obvious because I saw it for the first time yesterday.)

Well, Gamecube looks pretty shit on a HDTV, and I expect something similar with the Wii, maybe with progressive makes a real difference.

(I'm stating the obvious because I saw it for the first time yesterday.)

Mine doesn't, and I'm using Composite Cables...

Right I want a simple question answering, cos im still not sure. so the only options i have for now are composite, s-video and vga (vga out of the window for no, owing to lack of cables.) this is whats available on my relysis tv. (the scart socket does not work) so is s-video that much better than composite to warrant the purchase of a S-Video cable? or should I hang on and see if a vga one appears (is vga vastly superior?)

Play-Asia have now put all their prices up for Wii stuff. Just ordered a D-Terminal cable, as I really can't see there being a VGA cable available anytime around launch.

I prob should wait though till someone else actually does the mod and confirms it works on the Wii. Suppose I can always cancel it if needs be.

Mine doesn't, and I'm using Composite Cables...

Maybe you could shed some light on how to do it, when I saw it showed the low resolution of textures, anti-aliasing and menu glitches, you cloud see the jpg quality of the backgrounds and in smash football the scan lines gave an impression that it was even moving!

Ugh, I'm such an utter n00b in these cables... Component cable = RGB cable right?

Ugh, I'm such an utter n00b in these cables... Component cable = RGB cable right?

No. RGB can't do 480p, while component can. If you've got a TV with component inputs then use them.

RGB uses the scart connection, but it's miles better than composite. Was hotswapping between them two this weekend with games like F-Zero GX and SSBM, and the difference is massive. Composite is a mess compaired to RGB.

Heh, just found out two seconds ago by myself. Thanks anyway :smile:

RGB is my way to go. I only have a 480i TV but the image Cube games give are incredibly blurry on it.

Sorry to continuously spam this thread with questions, but seeing as noone answered mine and there aren't any pictures of the Wii RGB cable I'll ask it again :heh:

This is the picture of the GameCube RGB cable box:

0282971.jpg

There don't seem to be cables that look like these attached to it:

rca.gif

Which used to come with the consoles by default (composite right?). The main advantage of these cables is that you can seperate two of them (the yellow and white) that carry the sound signal and plug them in some decoder, which allows you to get surround sound.

Anyway, seeing there's no seperation of those audio (RCA) cables, I'm worried that when I preorder my Wii with RGB cables I won't get surround sound with the better image. Are the audio cables in the package or is there any other way to get Dolby Pro Logic II running with the RGB cable?

the wii comes with composite in the box, and a scart block for those who don't have composite sockets (some portable tv's)

Sorry to continuously spam this thread with questions, but seeing as noone answered mine and there aren't any pictures of the Wii RGB cable I'll ask it again :heh:

Problem 1 solved:

B000JJRV8Q.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36414857_.jpg