NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Can someone please tell me how to check the memory on the Wii, to see what's saved and what space I've left available, thanks!

Also, can you save Gamecube games onto the Wii's memory, or do I need my old memory cards?

Click the icon on the bottom left corner of the Wii Menu, then go into save data. :) And you'll have to use GC memory cards.

Ok this question has proably been answered loads of times but iv searched and cant find any answers

My wii is being rather noisey at the moment and iv no idea why. Like a constant rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise. Any ideas?

My Wii has the exact same problem! Here's a video of the problem (not mine):

It's still not as noticeable as that one but according to internet reports it will get worse and worse because of a screw that's too tight. I'm trying to send it as fast as possible because I want it back before the european smash bros gets released and before my summer holidays. Sometimes they take more than a month to send it back.

It also has that black screen 30 second freeze while trying to access the saves in the Wii memory that plagued the first batch of Wii consoles so I'll get this chance to get rid of that too.

To anyone sending their console: Don't forget to back up your saves and ask them to backup your console or they might not do it by default.

My wii seems buggered when it comes to connecting to the internet as it just wont. i have deleted and re-entered the correct details, changed the router channel, used the nintendo wifi connector with it working for some things like games, but not working for others like the wii channel and wiiconnect24 (neeeded to get comp info for mario kart).

It would also only connect to the wifi connector when my DS was already connected for some unknown reason. Also, the characters for the name of my console were at one time, in kanji (i think) and now are just like this: [][][][][]. I have no idea what is causing this to happen. It could be due to putting my wii on its side for awhile when I was in leeds (wtf if this is so) or carrying it between leeds and london (which should not be the case as I have done this with my PC, laptop and PS2 and those work, more or less fine). Really pissing me off right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. Killed my router password by resetting the router and now my wii AND Ds work with my router, although now everyone can see what I am doing online as it is currently an open connection :S. Will go about learning and using MAC code address filtering tomorrow as it sounds like it should be less hassle.

My Wii has the exact same problem! Here's a video of the problem (not mine):

It's still not as noticeable as that one but according to internet reports it will get worse and worse because of a screw that's too tight. I'm trying to send it as fast as possible because I want it back before the european smash bros gets released and before my summer holidays. Sometimes they take more than a month to send it back.

It also has that black screen 30 second freeze while trying to access the saves in the Wii memory that plagued the first batch of Wii consoles so I'll get this chance to get rid of that too.

To anyone sending their console: Don't forget to back up your saves and ask them to backup your console or they might not do it by default.

Thats the exact problem my wii has. Ive already had to send my Wii away once already because the graphics kept fucking up, and now this noise (though the noise has been going on for months) - and I thought my 360 was a shoddy machine. Going to send it away but got to choose the right time as I'm too addicted :)

Thats the exact problem my wii has. Ive already had to send my Wii away once already because the graphics kept fucking up, and now this noise (though the noise has been going on for months) - and I thought my 360 was a shoddy machine. Going to send it away but got to choose the right time as I'm too addicted :)

It's the 2nd time I sent it too, for the exact same reasons as you. The grafics glitch and now the sound.

But guess what! Since I asked them to backup all the data in my console, and since they probably aren't instructed to do that, they sent me a new boxed Wii! With Wiimote and all! They didn't backup the console info and saves (except for the Wii Shop Channel account), but I ended up winning a Wiimote + Nunchuk. : peace:

It's the 2nd time I sent it too, for the exact same reasons as you. The grafics glitch and now the sound.

But guess what! Since I asked them to backup all the data in my console, and since they probably aren't instructed to do that, they sent me a new boxed Wii! With Wiimote and all! They didn't backup the console info and saves (except for the Wii Shop Channel account), but I ended up winning a Wiimote + Nunchuk. : peace:

Thats great :) Is saved data on Wii Fit and Mario Kart connected to the Mii or the save file?

When did you buy your wii? I bought mine at launch but this os obviously a common error and not my fault so I don't think I'll have a problem

Thats great :) Is saved data on Wii Fit and Mario Kart connected to the Mii or the save file?

When did you buy your wii? I bought mine at launch but this os obviously a common error and not my fault so I don't think I'll have a problem

I didn't understand the Mario Kart and Wii Fit save part. Explain please.

I bought my console around launch too.

Are the game details of those games saved to the Mii themselves, or to the game save. Its just it saus of you delete the Mii your game detaisl will be gone/ I want to keep all my info and history, but need to know what to store on SD cards if I'm sending my Wii away and getting a new one.

Also, how do VC and WiiWare games work, how do you redownload them?

And lastly, gutted Nintendo are rwturning them all with the new firmware; going to have to wait to finish No More heroes!!

Are the game details of those games saved to the Mii themselves, or to the game save. Its just it saus of you delete the Mii your game detaisl will be gone/ I want to keep all my info and history, but need to know what to store on SD cards if I'm sending my Wii away and getting a new one.

Also, how do VC and WiiWare games work, how do you redownload them?

And lastly, gutted Nintendo are rwturning them all with the new firmware; going to have to wait to finish No More heroes!!

From past experience I think the details are just in the Wii file. The Mii is just an association of the file to the Mii itself. At least with the other games it's like that, but can't guarantee it on Mario Kart. But you won't loose your cups and that stuff for sure.

You'll probably lose some personal information though.

Everything you downloaded form the Wii Shop Channel will be able to be downloaded again for free. Don't worry. Also, all points you had on the console will still be present.

Yep, your freeloader will be blocked. Better finish the game first.

Any idea what you need to send Nintendo. I need to get my Lense cleaned for smash bros as I just get the irritating "Cannot read disc" error.

I have a minor issue here, whenever I insert those special GAME compact Gamecube controllers into one of the cube controller slots then my Wii it just dies.

Any idea what you need to send Nintendo. I need to get my Lense cleaned for smash bros as I just get the irritating "Cannot read disc" error.

To me they said, just the console itself. And the receipt of course, or whatever you call it over there.

That is because those controllers suck. Same thing happens to mine. I think its actually only a problem with the older cubes, as my brother's friend and my cousin have no problem using it on their consoles.

To me they said, just the console itself. And the receipt of course, or whatever you call it over there.

They told me to return both the console and my copy of Smah Bros , never mentioned anything about a receipt. Although I would rather they didn't run the 3.3 update as I would have preferred to have tried the alternative freeloader method of booting to avoid killing my imported games.

I already have the return label that they sent so I may just give them a quick call again tomorrow to clarify want they want.

Well, I posted it off on Saturday so they should recieve it either yesterday or today.

I don't know how long this will take and furthermore I sent the whole console in and the game (Console, Cables, Wii remote etc etc) because I didn't recieve an official reply from Nintendo until I had sent it.

Also, I phoned them so I'm not able to track the repair, so Im kinda shooting in the dark... Im waiting to hear how long it will take...

Any ideas?

Does anyone know how well 3rd party RGB cables compare to the official Nintendo ones? For example, Madcatz has very cheap cables compared to Nintendo's, and I find it hard to believe that it is easy to **** up a cable as easily as controllers

This may be the wrong forum to ask, but since I also have a xbox 360, does anyone have any experience of RGB cables on that system too? Supposedly Madcatz, because it seems as if Madcatz are the only 3rd party avaible directly in stores

You'd be surprised how much can be skimped on with RGB cables! It's largely down to how little shielding is used for each individual wire and it can make a noticeable difference. I would be inclined to shop online if you are able and use someone like Blaze ( originally Fire ). I take it your are still in the world of CRT TV?

Yep, CRT TV...No 480p support either^^

Sadly, every online shop within the country seems to only have Madcatz and some has Joytech, and very expensive Monster cables

By RGB do you mean component or VGA.

I had presumed it was scart as he's on CRT with no component input.

I forgot about scart. We don't really use it at all in north america.

I just remembered one thing and I want to clarify that...

Is it true that 3rd party products void your warranty?

I am not so worried about the Wii, since every Nintendo product I have had has had the LEAST problems...The famous RROD for the Xbox 360 is another story though, so I guess that I will not go for 3rd party if it voids my warranty there

I just remembered one thing and I want to clarify that...

Is it true that 3rd party products void your warranty?

I am not so worried about the Wii, since every Nintendo product I have had has had the LEAST problems...The famous RROD for the Xbox 360 is another story though, so I guess that I will not go for 3rd party if it voids my warranty there

No, it doesn't void your warranty, if the said 3rd party products "break" your Wii, then, the warranty doesn't cover it I suppose, but unless you buy cables with tiny knives in them I don't think that's an issue.

I would like to know about the RGB cables too, although I've read that the official ones are superior enough that they're worth the price difference, I never saw any comparison shots.

The RGB-cables are really expensive for both the Wii and the Xbox 360, is it really worth it? Will the visuals become better, or are RGB just "over-hyped" for SDTV users?

This might suit you for the 360

As for the Wii one, somebody may be able to recommend one of the other names available from personal experience.

Do you have that cable yourself and have you been able to compare it to the official one? I just found it within the country, but am unsure about how good it is