NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Have you actually tried contacting Nintendo about fixing it? They might do it for free?

...How the hell is that supposed to be lucky? Perhaps you've confused the definition of lucky, or, in a less likely case, you originate from an alternative dimension, where the word "lucky" actually means "fucked-up".

Anyhoo, that's bad luck for you. Happens to all of us at the worst of times.

I believe he was using the advanced literary technique known as sarcasm. :)

Have you actually tried contacting Nintendo about fixing it? They might do it for free?

They have to - it's still under warranty. If you still have the receipt you could take it back to the shop you got it from and they'll replace it for free too.

Edit - Wow, didn't realise it was over a year since the Wii launched... How time flies.

The same thing happened to my Wii and I dragged my heels for ages before sending it off to Ninty to be fixed.

When I took it to the post office with the parcel force label they sent the guy told me that they've had quite a few in recent weeks all being sent to the same destination - I think many launch Wiis have just started to give-up the ghost! It seems to coincide with the new dual layer discs too, but I don't know if it's really related. Sadly as my Wii was bought at launch it's out of warranty, so they charge between 25 and 70 quid depending on the nature of the problem. I just can't wait to have it back in working order! Really miss it..:sad: Can't wait to play Mario Kart!!

You should sign on the the fast-track repair thing on the website and they'll send you a freepost label.

RROD anyone? Have to say, if it's anything like that, (and I cannot believe im saying this) at least the 360 gives a clear indication that it's fucked.

I believe he was using the advanced literary technique known as sarcasm. :)

What I said was in reality a joke, therefore, should not be taken seriously. Nor should most of my posts, as a matter of fact :heh:

What I said was in reality a joke, therefore, should not be taken seriously. Nor should most of my posts, as a matter of fact :heh:

it sounded serious from my point:)

anyway a new wii would be nice:)

Im getting slightly worried that Freeloader has fucked my Wii up a bit because it can tend to make a loud 3-tone hum when turning on and some loadin times are a bit excessive.

Works fine atm though.

There's a problems and support page btw.

it sounded serious from my point:)

Aye, even when I don't mean something seriously, I can easily make it sound pure serious. It's why most people think I'm insane irl.

Sooo, 20 minutes after reading this topic, i thought i'd try the new mario kart competition and guess what?

:(

Sooo, 20 minutes after reading this topic, i thought i'd try the new mario kart competition and guess what?

:(

...OH SHI THIS THREAD IS CURSED! EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

:heh:

...OH SHI THIS THREAD IS CURSE! EVERYONE GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!

:heh:

lol he speaketh the truth :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Why can't they build 'em like the old days.

Because it will eventually turn a horribly yellowy brown.

The wii isn't driving any discs, I even tried a disc cleaner. I might just get it repaired in a shop as it's quicker

If your wii dies and you have it repaired if you back everything up, channels everything. Will you lose all channels and online?

Please do not put this in problems, my prayers will never be answered. When people are desperate give them attention godammit.

Other people have problems too, they use the proper thread and wait for a response. What makes you any different?

Consult the console support manuals for a solution, if not you will have to call a certified nintendo service centre to get your console repaired. It has been known for nintendo to use a back up disc to store all your junk on and then port it to/ back to your new or fixed wii console.

stuwii, stop being a dummy and contact nintendo, not a shop. Get nintendo to try and fix things, as they know what they're doing and will pretty much guarantee your console and/or data turning out fine. How long have you had your wii?

I called them today, and of course the one time in the ~20 years i've owned nintendo consoles, they're closed for a week...

I was hoping I would never have to post in this topic, yet here I am...

Thing is, my Wii and wiimotes appear to be working fine, it's just that they don't like each other no more. No matter what I try, I can't connect one of my wiimotes to my Wii. And since the chance of both my wiimotes giving up at the same time is slim to say the least, I think something is wrong with my Wii.

I already tried to connect them using the red button on the Wii and wiimote, though as you can probably guess this did not work. Does anyone know a possible solution to this problem? It just seems so weird that even though both (appear to be) working fine, they just can't connect. So before I'm calling Nintendo, I hope to hear some things that I might have overlooked or should try first :)

Edit: Thanks to Nintendo's customer service, it all worked out fine ^^ The solution was to erase the Wii's memory of all wiimotes by keeping the red button pressed in for 15 seconds in the "Press A to continue" screen, and then reconnecting the wiimotes with the red buttons again. Sorry for bothering you all :P

Ok this question has proably been answered loads of times but iv searched and cant find any answers

My wii is being rather noisey at the moment and iv no idea why. Like a constant rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise. Any ideas?

Can someone please tell me how to check the memory on the Wii, to see what's saved and what space I've left available, thanks!

Also, can you save Gamecube games onto the Wii's memory, or do I need my old memory cards?