NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Just great... my Wii disc drive won't spin up or read anything anymore and it's a launch unit I wonder if they'll fix it without overcharging me.

I think Nintendo won't take that long to repair your consoles. They repaired mine fast.

And Aalborg, I think you can force shutdown your console by holding the power button on the console for 4 seconds. Don't need to unplug anything.

Is it possible to transfer my virutal console games, WiiWare games and saves to a new Wii console including my Nintendo account?

Thanks

David_nyh

Nintend account not...

Now, Save Files and Wiiware games are possible, you'l have to use a SD Card though, buy one if you don't have it yet..

Also, only some of them are possible to transfer..

Nintend account not...

Now, Save Files and Wiiware games are possible, you'l have to use a SD Card though, buy one if you don't have it yet..

If I can't link my new Wii to my Nintendo account how does it know what games I downloaded? And what with my Wii points?

has anyone tried this?

Nintend account not...

If I can't link my new Wii to my Nintendo account how does it know what games I downloaded? And what with my Wii points?

has anyone tried this?

No, Maase is wrong, you cannot transfer Wiiware games to a new console even through the SD card because they won't be accepted by the new console. You can transfer most save files though (not all, smash brawl and mario kart wii for example can't be transfered).

And no, you can't transfer your account to a new console unless you send it to Nintendo if it has a defect for example, and if they need to give you a new one, they'll transfer the account for you and you'll be able to re-download everything for free.

What I mean is, if you're just trying to transfer the account to a new Wii, it's not possible.

Try contacting Nintendo and see what they say. Maybe they'll do it for you if you pay them for the service or something.

Further to my previous post, my Wii was sent to Nintendo for a repair. It came back, silent as a mouse, in 8 days (would have been 7, if Parcel Force took their finger out of their arses).

Its a launch machine and no charge was made.

Further to my previous post, my Wii was sent to Nintendo for a repair. It came back, silent as a mouse, in 8 days (would have been 7, if Parcel Force took their finger out of their arses).

Its a launch machine and no charge was made.

Just about to send mine in as it's been having issues reading brawl among others (brawl most) and I'm glad to hear they're that good :)

I am glad i also have PS3. Solid as a rock. Do not hesitate sending your Wii to Nintendo. Wont take long and it will be fine. Last thing to do is fix it yourself unless you modded or something...

Its only really MS who you should be worried about. Many just buy a new 360 becuase they hate dealing with the customer service... No problems with any Sony or Nintendo product ever.

Sent mine on Thursday, they got it Friday, analyzed it and determined the issue, decided not to charge me and it is now at their repair workshop :)

I have a prob: If i want to join a friends game, i get a data transimission ( error 86420 )prob, if he wants to join a game of me, he gets te prob too, but if i search a game with anyone theres no prob.The wifi community says if i can join a game with anyone but not a game of a friend, the friends firewall settings are wrong or my firewall settings because he cant join in my game too, but what exactly do i have to do ? can some1help me PLS?

I have now been having exactly the same problem, but with 40830 instead. Actually it is almost the same. I have a friend (Patch) on these boards that can never connect to my frined rooms and I to his. However I can play with other friends, no problem, with them connecting to my room and me connecting to theirs.

We have now tried this on Mario Kart, Bomberman and Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS. No one on the web seems to have ever come across this before though.

It does sound like it might be his problem, and possibly with his firewall settings. Anyone know a good router settings troubleshooting guide?

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Pete.

I haven't changed anything on my Wireless Router or Internet setup in months, so in my opinion its either a temporary glitch at Nintendo's end or perhaps a change in Pete's setup. I wish I had more friends to try it with...

Here's what one forum has to say:

Error Code: 80430

Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by temporary network issues with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If there is a problem with the network, our technician's will work to get the service back up as soon as possible. Please retry your connection later.

If you are connecting to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the first time, or the problem has not resolved itself after a few hours, please review the following:

1. Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please wait a few hours and try the connection again later.

2. How are you connecting online? The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is only compatible with Cable, DSL, and Fiber-optic internet connections. If you are connecting via Satellite, EV-DO (cellular), Dial-up, or other types of connections, then you should try to use an alternate type of connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.

3. The error may be caused by a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted (such as the channel). Please review our general router troubleshooting.

If you have tried all of the steps above with no success and you have been encountering the error for a period of at least a few hours, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week."

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/index.jsp

I also have changed nothing in my routers settings since last year when I destroyed windows. :-)

We changed settings last games weekend at yours but we played online afterwards.......

Perhaps we should both delete the connections on the Wii and recreate?

Good idea. Before we play again, I'll recreate my Wii connection details. Then it's over to the Nintendo support line...

I just like thick cables cause they seem like they do more, but I doubt if it makes much difference. Just depends on how they are made I guess.

They could potentially insulate the cable getting rid of some interference, though thats not as big a deal with digital cables. And nothing a ferrite core can't fix either. Generally though its not going to matter much.

Just so you know I sent my Wii to them about 2 weeks ago and received the same repaired console on Monday without any charge.

I have no idea how they fixed it but hopefully it works for the rest of the year.

Mine makes the whirring noise, been wanting to send it off, but I play it too much; don't really know what to do as I don't know when I WON'T be playing it :(

Okay, so I went to my girlfriends house this weekend and played a bit of Mario Kart online, only for it to completely not work - I've downloaded VC games from there and it works online, but insanely slow!! Mario Kart doesn't work, the odd race here and there but keeps disconnecting, saying RACE FINISHED at random times, and had one ERROR CODE - 90whatever it is.

The ISP is VIRGIN with a (security less) Netgear router.

Does any of this sound familiar and can anyone help. I bought my GF a Wii for xmas and was looking forward to online shenanigans!!!!

Heeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllpppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have an online discussion sub-board, Mr. Bolton. :) But I have no idea what's going on there. Try and get the right error code for us.

He's just testing me. But I win... again. :)

Huh?

I can't get error code because I'm not there anymore :(

Would it having no security slow it down? Is there any settings you can tweak to optimise Wii play?

Guess it could be a problem if someone was leeching her internet, but without security I don't see why it'd slow it down at all or cause any issues. You checked the NWFC site for troubleshooting stuff?