NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Asked this in one of the tech threads, but just saw this thread, which seems to be a better place to ask, sorry if the answer to this has been covered already.

Whats the best (in terms of picture quality) way to play my wii through my 22" pc monitor which has vga and dvi inputs? Could I simply buy a componet lead then plug that into a "Adapter DVI-I - 3 RCA YUV Plugs", is the rca yuv the same thing as comonent? or is it better to use a convertor transcoder and go from component to vga? Thanks in advance.

The VDigi cable. Check the thread above, the pictures are taken from my computer monitor. It's a VGA cable for Wii.

The VDigi cable. Check the thread above, the pictures are taken from my computer monitor. It's a VGA cable for Wii.

lol, how did I miss that, thanks :D

Hey.. magicbuttons got a Wii there a couple of days ago (:yay:) and it's new, ofcourse.. but she has the new Wrist Strap for the remote (the one with the clip) which was expected!

However, I was playing Mario & Sonic at her house and I was using my remote (with the standard strap..) and it kept coming very loose :hmm: It kept doing this with No More Heroes too.

Is there any way of getting hold of some of these new wrist straps as I feel I need the clip to keep the remote secure..?

My tv always displays Heatseeker in Letterbox, the only game to do so, and solutions?

My Wii drive is leaving dust marks on my discs that look like scratches but aren't, it's getting to the point that it's annoying finding them on there after playing each game.

My Wii is now making a similar noise to the second youtube video in this post, I only brought my wii in Decemeber so its barely close to 4 months old...so I'm a little confused as to how it can be suffering from any wear and tear already.

so far its not effecting the games at all and the noise only comes after about 10-15 minutes of playing Wii sports but I'm not sure if its worth sending it in to get 'fixed' plus I'm not sure I can find the receipt.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I have that problem too. It also may take up to one minute before the game loads when I use the Disc Menu.

not sure where to post this but im thinking about getting some component cables for the wii, is it best to get the official ones or could I just get the slightly cheaper 3rd party ones. Will there be any difference?

not sure where to post this but im thinking about getting some component cables for the wii, is it best to get the official ones or could I just get the slightly cheaper 3rd party ones. Will there be any difference?

I've got the GAME Component Cables and they work fine :-)

Don't know about any of the other unofficial ones though

Can't connect? Got a LAN adaptor that has gone AWOL? Whatever the problem is, posit it here and someone shall help :)

Alright, I hope this is in the right thread.

For quite some time now, I've been having problems connecting my Wii to the internet. For some reason it would have no problem reminding me of new updates, but whenever I try to connect to the internet (either through one of the channels or in a game, or even to download an update), I will usually get an error code. On a very very rare occasion will my Wii decide to actually connect.

I have tried a billion times already to delete and re-enter my internet settings, but I just keep having this problem. And the router is only a couple of metres away from my Wii, with no walls in between. It's a USR5463.

Any help?

Alright, I hope this is in the right thread.

For quite some time now, I've been having problems connecting my Wii to the internet. For some reason it would have no problem reminding me of new updates, but whenever I try to connect to the internet (either through one of the channels or in a game, or even to download an update), I will usually get an error code. On a very very rare occasion will my Wii decide to actually connect.

I have tried a billion times already to delete and re-enter my internet settings, but I just keep having this problem. And the router is only a couple of metres away from my Wii, with no walls in between. It's a USR5463.

Any help?

My friend also has the same problem. The only thing that I can think of is that your router might not be compatible with your wii.

Anyone else got a solution?

I used to have a problem kinda like that, only the wii basically would never connect at all, until I did a connection test and it magically fixed itself.

Secondly, I found at xmas that the Wii isn't actually compatible with all router's WPA, as it took me about 5 hours to get through the shop channel and buy a game as a present for someone(it loaded so slow, and kept timing out/dropping, so I'd start all over) and so I changed my router back to WEP and it worked fine, took 5 minutes to buy the title, and was done.

I would say to check the NWFC support site, but the thing was that the info about my router's WPA posing a problem was a bit tucked away somehow, I can't even manage to stumble back upon it now.

I've done just as much connection tests as I've reset the internet connection. The test will often work, but then when I will actually try to really use the online function, it rarely works.

Our router doesn't have any kind of security set to it either so that shouldn't be the problem.

I tried checking the Nintendo site a while ago but couldn't find anything to help me. =/

Hmm, dunno what other advice to offer really. Do you have any problems with any other wireless devices? If you have a DS does that give you any problems online? I'd say if possible, if you know someone else with a wireless router you could try taking your Wii round theirs and testing it to see if it works then, but that might not be an option for you. I wouldn't want to advise getting a new router if it turns out to be the Wii's fault.

Hmm, dunno what other advice to offer really. Do you have any problems with any other wireless devices? If you have a DS does that give you any problems online? I'd say if possible, if you know someone else with a wireless router you could try taking your Wii round theirs and testing it to see if it works then, but that might not be an option for you. I wouldn't want to advise getting a new router if it turns out to be the Wii's fault.

Nah, don't have the option of taking my Wii anywhere else. And my DS works fine online I think (rarely go online though).

I don't want dad to have to buy another router, that'd be silly. >.<;

Maybe I should try using the USB dongle? Does that even work with it? Would be annoying though, as I'd have to use it on dad's computer. Boooh. Evil Wii.

I've done just as much connection tests as I've reset the internet connection. The test will often work, but then when I will actually try to really use the online function, it rarely works.

Our router doesn't have any kind of security set to it either so that shouldn't be the problem.

I tried checking the Nintendo site a while ago but couldn't find anything to help me. =/

Do you not have a WEP key or anything of the sort? If not then people could be 'borrowing' your internet, slowing your connection speed and making it difficult for the wii to do it's stuff online. I experienced this as I was forced to 'borrow' for very short while and the wii struggled to do the simplest things.

It's also important to have security as people could potentially see your internet activity, so if you shop online, you are open to fraud and financial theft.

Using the router settings, make sure a WEP key exists to make sure people don't abuse your internet. :awesome:

May fix your wii problem but I doubt it. All I can say is, that you may need to update the firmware in your wii, as mine didnt work initially with one router i have had IIRC, but after an update, it works fine. Sadly my DS does not work at all with any of my routers.

Do you not have a WEP key or anything of the sort? If not then people could be 'borrowing' your internet, slowing your connection speed and making it difficult for the wii to do it's stuff online. I experienced this as I was forced to 'borrow' for very short while and the wii struggled to do the simplest things.

It's also important to have security as people could potentially see your internet activity, so if you shop online, you are open to fraud and financial theft.

Using the router settings, make sure a WEP key exists to make sure people don't abuse your internet. :awesome:

May fix your wii problem but I doubt it. All I can say is, that you may need to update the firmware in your wii, as mine didnt work initially with one router i have had IIRC, but after an update, it works fine. Sadly my DS does not work at all with any of my routers.

Well my dad takes care of the router and all computer related stuff, and he thinks security is not needed. :indeed:

I doubt our internet is strong enough for our neighbours to get on it though, as the houses aren't that close together. But I'll try and talk to my dad about it, though I doubt he'll want to change it, stubborn as he is.

Strangely enough though, today the internet connection worked every time I tried it (about five times). Though a fight against random people on Brawl didn't work (lag was so bad the screen just froze). =O

Also, I have the latest update on the Wii already, which hasn't helped at all. Oh well.

My wii cannot read a single disc, played Fifa 08 and whammo

My wii broke a few days before my Birthday when I was gonna get Wii Fit

Cannot read any discs

Damn that sucks. Guess you'll just have to spend the time actually outside getting fit the old fashioned way.

Jeez, I thought it was going to be another awesome thread from stuwii...

...How the hell is that supposed to be lucky? Perhaps you've confused the definition of lucky, or, in a less likely case, you originate from an alternative dimension, where the word "lucky" actually means "fucked-up".

Anyhoo, that's bad luck for you. Happens to all of us at the worst of times.

Jeez, I thought it was going to be another awesome thread from stuwii...

My thoughts also....

Anyway, unlucky to hear that. Did it just stop reading disks or did something happen to it?