NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

When can I buy a Wii points card from the shop?

Try asking in the thread that talks about the wii points card shop instead of problems and issues.

ok guys I know this is a odd question but does any body know the length of the Official Nintendo Wii Component Cable? I need one thats 3 meters in length, Longest I have seen at the moment is 2 meters for an unofficial one.

Does your wii make a small grinding/droning noise when playing a disc like Galaxy or Fifa 08? The picture and sound coming through the TV is fine and usual though. At first it didnt make the noise when playing Wii Sports but now it does. Is my Wii okay? I'm guessing now. The reason I'm asking is because the warranty of my Wii expires tomorrow.

It is likely to be the disc drive or possibly the fan?

I found some youtube links of people getting the same or similar problem as me, looks like I may have to send in my Wii.

You could extend each of the five connectors with an RCA cable if it's too short :heh:

Is the picture sharper and does it look better? I've been looking into some cables now, but want to know if it looks better, cause I oggled at it in a big screen and want to drool over it more.

Thanks for the help Ninja :)

If your TV support component, don't even hesitate to get one of those fancy cables (got the official ones myself but I guess a 3rd party one would be fine too). I can tell you it makes all the difference in the world :)

On my computer there are different accounts and I cannot access the Wii's online if it is not on my account.

On my computer there are different accounts and I cannot access the Wii's online if it is not on my account.

I'm assuming you're using the USB Connector. I think you have to allow access from the Wii on every account. Or you can go back to your own account (where it works) and reset the program, that should work as well.

Sorry if this has been asked again,but i need to know.Do you know if N replaces broken WIIMOTES caused by problematic strap? (launch batch).Is there any official announcement about that?Or is there an official european forum that i can ask?I sent them an email but i got no answer.I cannot call to the headquarters because i am from Greece,and the local representative company (3rd party) did not give me a straight answer.

I wondered if it’s possible to get the Wii online via an ad hoc connection.

I created the network from a laptop with Vista and the Wii is picking it up however when it tests the connection I get a error code (51030 Unable to find an access point. please confirm the SSID and try again)

The SSID can't be wrong since the Wii picked it up itself. But for the sake of it I entered it in manually but I get the same message. The SSID is definitely correct since I simply called it ‘Wii’ and have the connection unlocked.

So is this just a case of the Wii not understanding the connection and coming up with that error message or are their a few things I need to mess about with in the settings on the laptop? Thanks in advance.

I've got a Wii remote or sensor bar problem.

I've had the Wii since launch and this problem has been bugging me. Basically, the cursor 'sticks' when I go to the top of the screen but it's fine on the bottom.

I only own Zelda and SMG and it's noticable.

Is this normal?

All the sensor bar settings are correct.

Thanks for any help

I've had this problem before, if the cursor sticks its because the Wii remote cannot see the sensor bar. Move the sensor bar to the very front edge of the surface its on, or sit on a cushion so you're higher up.

I wondered if it’s possible to get the Wii online via an ad hoc connection.

I created the network from a laptop with Vista and the Wii is picking it up however when it tests the connection I get a error code (51030 Unable to find an access point. please confirm the SSID and try again)

The SSID can't be wrong since the Wii picked it up itself. But for the sake of it I entered it in manually but I get the same message. The SSID is definitely correct since I simply called it ‘Wii’ and have the connection unlocked.

So is this just a case of the Wii not understanding the connection and coming up with that error message or are their a few things I need to mess about with in the settings on the laptop? Thanks in advance.

I'm going to try this too, when I'll take my Wii back to my uni room. From what I've read, it seems to be that the Wii doesn't support ad-hoccing, and you'll need to have a software app that makes your WiFi card simmulate being an access point, or else it won't connect to it.

Try Googling "Wii ad-hoc" and see what it comes up with. Apparently you'll need commercial software (or warez :woops:) for it.

My disc drive is making an anooying noise. At first it did it when I was playing a game (metroid), but it's doing it all the time now. A loud whirring noise. Really annoying me!! Whats going on, I thought the Wii was meant to be quiet! Hope it's okay, already had to send me Wii away once before!

Just realised that when I take the disc out it's silent. So it whirrs heavily if there's a disc in there. Maybe it's worth taking the games out when I'm not playing rather than leaving one in ALL the time!

Can anyone here tell me how good (or not!) Nintendo are with their repairs these days? I've finally succumbed and sent my Wii in for repair after intermittent trouble with the drive and loading games, and I'm just curious. I'd heard a few negative things a couple of months ago, but I'm led to believe they've improved things a great deal recently. I'd heard some real horror stories of people getting Wii's back that aren't theirs, and getting scratched up and damaged consoles returned to them. Please tell me this isn't true!

Also, they received the parcel on Wednesday the 6th February. How long do you reckon I'll be waiting for it to come back?

Cheers dudes and dudettes. :)

EDIT: Well, there's your answer. Got it back today, and they've done nothing. It's exactly the same as before. I cannot honestly believe it. I'm utterly furious right now. OK it's an intermittent problem, but it happens most times. They'll definitely have seen it, so they've obviously just chosen to ignore it and send it back.

Thanks Nintendo. Here's what I'll do as a reward - I've got PES on order, and after that I ain't buying any more games for it. I'm certainly not buying another Wii, and I don't see the point of sending it in again, so it's best if I draw a line under it. Very angry and disappointed right now.

Guys, I have a Samsung 22" HDTV and I just managed to get some Component cables...hooked it all up and...it looks bad. I changed all the settings but still, very very blurry and I is sad :(.

Any help/tips?

My Wii can't power on anymore. Standby LED is nonexistent. Had it on Connect24, but never had any problems with that until now.

Any suggestions?

My Wii can't power on anymore. Standby LED is nonexistent. Had it on Connect24, but never had any problems with that until now.

Any suggestions?

Change the fuse.

That's happened to me a couple of times.

Change the fuse.

That's happened to me a couple of times.

Might help, but then I'm absolutely amazed by the fact that the TV, the GC, the VCR, the PS2 ánd the N64 are all still functioning nicely - since they're on the same circuit.

Or I must've misunderstood what you meant. As you might've guessed, I ain't no native speaker...

Might help, but then I'm absolutely amazed by the fact that the TV, the GC, the VCR, the PS2 ánd the N64 are all still functioning nicely - since they're on the same circuit.

Or I must've misunderstood what you meant. As you might've guessed, I ain't no native speaker...

He means the fuse inside the Wii's plug, not the electric circuit's fuse. If you're not in the UK, I dunno what sort of plugs you'll have, but UK plugs will have a small fuse inside the plug of the Wii which you need to change. Ensure you get a similar rated fuse to replace it(it is probably 3A, but it'll say on the current fuse anyway).

Does your wii make a small grinding/droning noise when playing a disc like Galaxy or Fifa 08? The picture and sound coming through the TV is fine and usual though. At first it didnt make the noise when playing Wii Sports but now it does. Is my Wii okay? I'm guessing now. The reason I'm asking is because the warranty of my Wii expires tomorrow.

It is likely to be the disc drive or possibly the fan?

I found some youtube links of people getting the same or similar problem as me, looks like I may have to send in my Wii.

My Wii is now making a similar noise to the second youtube video in this post, I only brought my wii in Decemeber so its barely close to 4 months old...so I'm a little confused as to how it can be suffering from any wear and tear already.

so far its not effecting the games at all and the noise only comes after about 10-15 minutes of playing Wii sports but I'm not sure if its worth sending it in to get 'fixed' plus I'm not sure I can find the receipt.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Hey guys, I was wondering if some of you can help me out.

I am looking to buy a component cable for my Nintendo Wii, up until recently I was playing using a standard def TV and am using the cables that came bundled with the Wii itself.

I was wondering if there is any difference between the cables? The official ones by Nintendo are a lot more expensive than other ones when I look around. On ebay they can be bought for about £2 and in Game they have third party ones for £10, does anyone have any advice about what to buy?

I set the Wii to display in widescreen using the standard cables and the picture looks a little odd, as though it has cropped parts of the picture of. Is there something else I need to adjust?

My TV has the ability to display upto 1080i if that makes any sort of difference here.

Thanks!

Firstly, the Wii only goes up to 480p. So don't expect any high definition here. Secondly, i personally use Mad Catz cables and i can't see any difference between them and offical ones. Just don't buy anything too cheap, you do run the risk them looking really, really shit.

Any third party ones will probably make a big difference, you might as well go cheap. Progressive scan makes a huge difference.

Try the Video Displays Explained sticky for stuff like this though, it's filled with questions like this.

Yeah I know about the 480p thing, but anything is better than what comes as standard right? I have heard that severe jaggies show on HD TVs through the Wii, but whatever.

How much does the Mad Catz cables set you back? I assume component cables do have a difference of quality then? HDMI ones are digital signals so it either works or doesn't I guess.

Do you know anything about this issue with widescreen? Does playing through component cables put the borders on the side? Been playing Luigis Mansion and it stretches the picture, doesn't really bother me that much though to be honest.

Asked this in one of the tech threads, but just saw this thread, which seems to be a better place to ask, sorry if the answer to this has been covered already.

Whats the best (in terms of picture quality) way to play my wii through my 22" pc monitor which has vga and dvi inputs? Could I simply buy a componet lead then plug that into a "Adapter DVI-I - 3 RCA YUV Plugs", is the rca yuv the same thing as comonent? or is it better to use a convertor transcoder and go from component to vga? Thanks in advance.