NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I've played my Wii upright since launch and have had no problems. :/ You haven't knocked it whilst the disc has been moving have you?

I've played my Wii upright since launch and have had no problems. :/ You haven't knocked it whilst the disc has been moving have you?

No, it's well out of the way of everything so no chance of knocks or anything. Besides which, it's been kinda funny since day one (I've only had it a few months), but I expected it wouldn't be a long term problem. Then it went away, but now it's back I guess.

I'm going to keep it upright for a while and see how things go. It's still doing it, but nowhere near as much as when it was laid flat. I expect it'll be going back after Christmas though. Thanks for your replies people. :)

Got a little question here so hopefully you guys can help.

Basically yesterday I got my new TV that i'm getting for christmas and naturally I 'tested' it out so I stuck on the Wii and Twilight Princess to see what it was like with a scart. But i'm wondering whether to get component cables or not for a better picture. Is it worth buying them and is there much of a quality difference?

If you're using a HDTV I would strongly recommend it, so that you can use the progressive scan. And it's one of those things that you will be enjoying till the end of the console's lifetime, and it's not that expensive either, specially if you go with some 3rd party ones.

Is the picture sharper and does it look better? I've been looking into some cables now, but want to know if it looks better, cause I oggled at it in a big screen and want to drool over it more.

Thanks for the help Ninja :)

Ok. So I went to play SMG today, (I always unplug the power to the Wii) So I pushed the plug into the mains, which normally powers up the Wii, As the Red power light comes on, but no light came on. I thought it was strange so I tried again, no luck. Changed sockets, again no luck. It seems as if my Wii doesn't seem to be receiving any power at all.

Anybody got any suggestions?

________

M2B15

Edited by fex

When the Wii disc drive glows to tell you have mail mine no longer lights up smoothly and the fades away smoothly. Its very, not stuttery, just kind of not as smooth fade as it used to be. Obviously this is not really a problem that upsets me, it would just be nice to have it work as it used to.

Has anyone had this happen and know how to solve it?

thanks to colin for the heads up. Finally a VGA cable is out and about;

http://www.vdigi.com

wonder how good it is and will the red and white cables just plug into the sockets on my tv as normal and then the cable into the PC link socket?!

EDIT; ooops just looked up and saw others have written about it.

Yeah, the VDigis work great. Got the sound going too. I can post pictures if anyone's still interested.

Yeah, the VDigis work great. Got the sound going too. I can post pictures if anyone's still interested.

yeah I want to know how much better it really is. How long did it take to come to you btw?

^ There's an option on the Wii menu somewhere were you can choose between Dim and Bright so maybe it has something to do with that. Try it.

Wii Menu:

IMAGE_005.jpg

Metroid Prime 3 opening shot:

IMAGE_006.jpg

Metroid Prime 3 title screen:

IMAGE_007.jpg

Metroid Prime 3 in action:

IMAGE_008.jpg

Doubt you can judge well from these shots (poor camera and photography skills), but the colours are just excellent. I don't know if they're better than component cables (probably same quality), but it looks great.

The stuff has to ship from China so it takes more than two weeks to arrive, but it's worth the time and money, especially now the dollar being so weak.

Is the picture sharper and does it look better? I've been looking into some cables now, but want to know if it looks better, cause I oggled at it in a big screen and want to drool over it more.

Thanks for the help Ninja :)

Some time ago I posted some comparison pictures that showed the difference between composite (the ones that come with the console) and RGB on my GameCube and HDTV. Since Component>RGB>Composite the difference will probably be even bigger than the one you'll see on these pictures:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=290562&postcount=185

But note that it can change depending on the TV.

Hi there,

Is there anyway I can connect a Wii to a monitor? I haven't been able to find the correct wire :(

When the Wii disc drive glows to tell you have mail mine no longer lights up smoothly and the fades away smoothly. Its very' date=' not stuttery, just kind of not as smooth fade as it used to be. Obviously this is not really a problem that upsets me, it would just be nice to have it work as it used to.

Has anyone had this happen and know how to solve it?[/quote']

You mean it kinda fades and blinks? They changed the way the LED light works in one of the first firmware updates, that could be it!

Ah that could well be it, it hadn't been on in a while and I'm sure its different to how it was originally. I'll have a play with the settings but if they altered it with firmware then that could well be it. Oh well!

Can anyone offer me some help with connecting, I managed to connect my Wii to the internet once when I was in Leicester and all was lovely. I get back to Nottingham and finally having enough Wii Points to buy something I try logging on using my Wi Fi USB connector.

Now it's giving me some horseshit about how it can't connect to the internet [Error 52142] but the registration tool shows that it's connecting to the PC.

Ok, so I just got a Wii and wanna connect it up to the net.

Also I don't currently have wireless setup, so...

Can't really wanna use the Wii's official wired connector as the Wii would be really far away from any phone line.

So I'm looking at buying the DS Wi-Fi USB Connector, which is fine right?

How does it work though?

With the connector plugged into my computers USB port, do I then connect to the internet with my broadband connection to activate it or, how does it work exactly?

Thanks.

I used to use the USB connector Retro and heres how it works.

You plug it into a USB port on your PC.

Install the disc on your PC that you get.

Switch on your Wii so the USB connector can register it and thats basically it.

The only downside to using the USB connector is that you have to have your PC on while playing.

I'll try again:

When I use my LAN adapter for internetconnection, I keep disconnecting, maybe every 15 minutes. It always happens, and I can't play Charged Football normally because of it.. I have to use my DS USB connector when I really wanna game online. I's prefer to use my LAN adapter though, it's faster, less laggier, easier, and I don't have to bother my brother for use of his computer. So... Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem? Does it have anything to do with my routersettings? Or the settings of my Wii?

I imagine it has something to do with your router seeing as it works fine with your USB. I cant say what as I havent a clue about all of this techno stuff.

I used to use the USB connector Retro and heres how it works.

You plug it into a USB port on your PC.

Install the disc on your PC that you get.

Switch on your Wii so the USB connector can register it and thats basically it.

The only downside to using the USB connector is that you have to have your PC on while playing.

Cheers Hero'!

What do you use now?

I've got a problem with the official component cables. I'm using them on an HDTV. A few things I should say:

1. They are all plugged in the right sockets and firmly in

2. My Xbox 360 does not have this same problem (at 480p or higher)

Now the problem: 480i through component looks great (no problems) but when I switch to 480p there seems to be some sort of interference. In the Wii settings menu the text looks like it "wobbles" (actually they are transparant wavy lines but give this effect).

The same problem appears in Wii games.

This is so frustrating and I can't find anyone with the same problem.

Thanks for any help