NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I finally discovered the other day Wii does have a WPA option. So I finally downloaded the most current firmware release. But as I checked the connection information on my computer, there was no transfer of data, does downloading firmware updates, browsing/downloading in Wii shop and playing online Wii games such as Strikers etc add to your total download usage for your internet plan or is it unmetered?

I just got the VDigi cable. The image is quite good; don't expect to get an HD resolution, but there's really nothing to complain except for some minor artifacting only visible in the Wii Menu. Though the image is sharp and fluent, you can still count pixels on screen if you sit close. To solve that, don't sit close! If you have a Samsung monitor, I can recommend switching on MagicBright as it really makes for a more vivid image.

The only thing bothering me so far is the sound. At first I thought that the cables were crap but it seems I don't have a decent line-in on my laptop or external sound card, meaning there's a lot crack noises. As the two line-ins give different cracks at different times, I think the sound RCAs from the VDigi cable are good enough and it's my horrible line-ins screwing up.

I'm totally getting that, since I'm playing on a relatively small TV without widescreen now that I'm studying away again.

I'm so pissed off that my ps2 s-video cable stopped working without reason..

I don't believe it! Got my Wii back from Nintendo today (after almost 2 months) and they haven't even fixed it. That's more then annoying, I though MS were supposed to be unreliable.

Well I'm not sending mine to them anytime soon then.

I finally discovered the other day Wii does have a WPA option. So I finally downloaded the most current firmware release. But as I checked the connection information on my computer, there was no transfer of data, does downloading firmware updates, browsing/downloading in Wii shop and playing online Wii games such as Strikers etc add to your total download usage for your internet plan or is it unmetered?

Your computer is not connected to your wii so i don't know how you're trying to read the Wii's internet usage. It would make some sense if you were checking it in your router, if it supports that service.

But yes, it consumes downloads/uploads on your internet plan.

Any ideas of what i can do seeing as i only got it at christmas, or somewhere i can go to check out whats actually wrong with it.

You obviously have to send it to nintendo. If anyone else opens your console you lose your warranty.

Ok this is something I have been wondering for a while and with the rumours of Miis in Mario and Sonic I thought I would ask it here and now.

Is it true that you cant copy data that is linked with Miis? I have heard that if your console breaks down and you send it to Nintendo to fix you lose all of your data. I think its pretty shocking that you cant save all of your scores etc from say Wii Sports on a SD card.

So is this true and if so What games are effected by it? Is there no way around the problem?

Thanks

Hero-Of-Time

before sending my wii off to the mothership for fixing, i copied my mii's (the the wiimote) and my saves (to an SD card).

When i got my new wii, my mii's showed up as from another wii (as they technically were) and i couldnt edit them (this made sense, but was still annoying). I copied my wii sports saves over fine, and could play one player no problems with my records etc. The trouble was in two player - when i clicked on 2 player, the wii froze. I'm not sure if it was that a mii was not available and wii sports was having a shitfit (i doubt this as you could delete them in the mii channel and wii sports would still work), so im sure it was some crazy "foreign mii" + "foreign save" + new wii issue. The miis are a bit of a liability on the wii. You can copy saves all you want, as well as your miis, but sometimes they dont like to move to another machine. I think we should be able to see this "hidden data" thats linked to your mii, and be allowed to copy or delete it, just like saves and channels.

In the end, i just bit the bullet - recreated my mii from scratch and started a new save game slot for wii sports and wario ware. No biggie for these games, but i hope it can be made less tempremental for more in-depth games where losing your saves would be more of an issue

Thanks for the reply. So does all your records/unlockables remain on say Wario Ware if you save on an SD card or cant you use them anymore?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. So does all your records/unlockables remain on say Wario Ware if you save on an SD card or cant you use them anymore?

Thanks

I wasn't sure if wario would work. I think it might, but just to be sure (and to allow me to use my new Mii) i started afresh anyways.

I think that in those cases where there's hidden data in the save file, when you try to copy it to an SD card it warns you about something like:

"not all the data could be copied blah blah"

At least in Mario Strikers it warned me.

Okay so I'm new here, and here is my problem:

Every time I play "Super Paper Mario" at the exact same point whilst playing the game, the screen freezes and there is a continuous high pitched ringing noise. It only freezes for this game so therefore I think its the game but i thought id check here just in case.

I do have an early model of the Wii, and I'm playing it on a Samsung TV (which I've heard is sometimes the problem).

Thank you kindly for any responces.

so i connected my wii to the internet for the first time in quite a while today. first of all, it doesn't seem to want to update, the blue end of the download bar thingy doesn't seem to want to move at all. after resetting the wii console a few times, it still doesn't want to update.

i can get on the internet channel and the everybody votes channel, but when i try goto the shop channel i get error code 051040: unable to connect to the server.

any idea what's going on?

sometimes when I'm loading a Wii game then, I just get a black screen and my Wii freezes. Pressing Home/Reset button doesn't work and I have to completely unplug the Wii and start again. After this the game works.

It happened a few times with Trama Center, and with Mercury Meltdown, but last night it also happened with Super Paper Mario.

Any ideas?

Okay so I'm new here, and here is my problem:

Every time I play "Super Paper Mario" at the exact same point whilst playing the game, the screen freezes and there is a continuous high pitched ringing noise. It only freezes for this game so therefore I think its the game but i thought id check here just in case.

I do have an early model of the Wii, and I'm playing it on a Samsung TV (which I've heard is sometimes the problem).

Thank you kindly for any responces.

I have the same problem as you. It's in area 2-2 when you talk with a girl, right? You can simply just get the key in the last room of the first floor and talk to the girl after that, and the bug will be gone.

Or if you want Nintendo will trade your game for free for a non-buggy copy.

Check the link Zelda Rulez posted for details.

sometimes when I'm loading a Wii game then, I just get a black screen and my Wii freezes. Pressing Home/Reset button doesn't work and I have to completely unplug the Wii and start again. After this the game works.

It happened a few times with Trama Center, and with Mercury Meltdown, but last night it also happened with Super Paper Mario.

Any ideas?

How many seconds have you waited? I have the same problem and it seems the console has freeze but if I wait 30 or so seconds it will come back to life. I think it's a pretty common Wii problem.

I have the same problem as you. It's in area 2-2 when you talk with a girl, right? You can simply just get the key in the last room of the first floor and talk to the girl after that, and the bug will be gone.

Or if you want Nintendo will trade your game for free for a non-buggy copy.

Check the link Zelda Rulez posted for details.

How many seconds have you waited? I have the same problem and it seems the console has freeze but if I wait 30 or so seconds it will come back to life. I think it's a pretty common Wii problem.

Sometimes it comes back to life not all the time. Wonder if an update can fix it in the future.......

Can anyone recommend me an sd card I can use with the Wii? If it costs below £16 a link would be nice.

Sometimes it comes back to life not all the time. Wonder if an update can fix it in the future.......

I have the problem since i bought it and after this lot of updates we still have no fix. I can live with it because it's very rare and when it happens it comes back to life 30 seconds later, but if yours keeps playing dead even after 30 seconds then you better trade it in.

I think it has something to do with the Wii internal memory because you can experience the same problem when you try to see your saved files on the Wii menu. It freezes 30 or so seconds and only after that it shows the saves. But this is a very rare occurrence though.

yeah my wii still wont update

EDIT: oh wait, the blue bar just got slightly longer...

EDIT 2: okay so it only gets so far then i get an error message 32002. i can't even get on the wii shop channel, but i can get on the everybody votes channel. i can also play games online with my ds.

someone tell me what the heck is up with my wii?

i'm guessing it's my shitty internet

EDIT 2: okay so it only gets so far then i get an error message 32002. i can't even get on the wii shop channel, but i can get on the everybody votes channel. i can also play games online with my ds.

Well, my internet connection isn't very fast and my Wii certainly feels the effect of that, so it may also be the source of your problem. I haven't got very much technical knowledge (pretty much none), though, so I might be wrong.

Solution: change the channel on your router to 1 or 11 (either one, doesn't matter).

Anyone else here familiar with what seems to be Wii drive related problems? I have a bizarre problem in that nine times out of ten if I put a disc in the Wii first time it won't load up properly. It'll take ages to load up, and when it does it'll be buggy and glitchy. If I eject it and put it back in again, it'll (mostly) load up fine the second time (though this isn't 100% consistent). At first it was a minor irritant type of bug, but now it's absolutely driving me crackers, especially when I only want a quick go on the football.

I've tried laying it flat and standing it up. I've tried putting it in different areas of the living room, but nothing makes any difference. It's in a place where there's loads of space for it, it's kept clean and dry and I don't connect it to the net. What can I do, short of returning it? Is there anything I could've forgotten to do? It's been kinda funny since day one really, but Mario's out next week. Arrggh!

^ Hmm it really seems sending it to Nintendo is the only solution right now. Don't forget to back up your saves to a SD card. They won't save them for you unless you ask, in case they have to send you a new one.

Cheers for your reply Blue_Ninja0. It's certainly looking that way isn't it. It's odd though; I usually lay the machine flat, but these last couple of days I've been playing it upright and the problem hasn't been as severe at all. I still get it, but not as much as before. Is the Wii really solely designed to be played upright do you think? I mean, even the noise the drive used to make isn't as bad as it was.

Watch this - give it a couple of days and I'll bet I'm back here saying it's just exploded or something! I just wanted it to get me through Christmas and I'll sort it out afterwards. I've not even got me Zelda yet, and Mario's out on Friday! Gah!