NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Get a 3rd party cable they tend be better and cheaper. Plus they tend to be gold plated and use a better plug so you get less intereference.

Get a 3rd party cable they tend be better and cheaper. Plus they tend to be gold plated and use a better plug so you get less intereference.

So which is the best then?

So which is the best then?

Come on guys

Ive just bought the official one and its fantastic

We have a problem-will a loose connection give me a weird picture

In heatsseker my red tagets have a green edge and vice versa as the scarts go on the bottom of the tv. I fixed it as wii sports is fine but it will be a nuisance. My own tv is fine though

Ok, my nunchuck has died. All the buttons work but the motion sensor doesn't. It's the Nunchuck that came with my Wii, so does anyone know if Nintendo will replace it?

On my tv it produces bright colours with the wrong colour edges, like link has a red edge for example

I only have a small 14'' TV would it worth me getting an official RGB Cable, or am I likely not to notice the difference?

I have noticed a very odd problem that has just appeared with my Wii. It wont connect to the internet anymore, when i try confirming the connection it either says 'cannot connect please check your settings' or 'no access point could be found' I just researched for my network server but it says it can't find it. I have checked the settings and my 360 is right next to my wii and it can pick up the access point fine....

Any ideas?

I was playing Donkey Konga one night there and so had the bongo drums plugged into the Wii. Afterwards, when I tried to remove them from the controller socket, it wouldn't come out. Even pulling as hard as possible, it just wouldn't budge. After a few minutes I was wiggling at it and trying my best to get it out and eventually it just came out (more by luck than anything :hmm:)

It was pretty weird, not sure what happened.

I have noticed a very odd problem that has just appeared with my Wii. It wont connect to the internet anymore, when i try confirming the connection it either says 'cannot connect please check your settings' or 'no access point could be found' I just researched for my network server but it says it can't find it. I have checked the settings and my 360 is right next to my wii and it can pick up the access point fine....

Any ideas?

That has happened to me a couple of times (especially with the USB connector), unplugging the Wii's power supply for a few seconds always fixed it for me though.

I was playing Donkey Konga one night there and so had the bongo drums plugged into the Wii. Afterwards, when I tried to remove them from the controller socket, it wouldn't come out. Even pulling as hard as possible, it just wouldn't budge. After a few minutes I was wiggling at it and trying my best to get it out and eventually it just came out (more by luck than anything :hmm:)

It was pretty weird, not sure what happened.

Yeah I had a really hard time trying to remove a GCN pad once (I just leave em' plugged in now), it seems to effect port 1 more than the others.

By the way, absolutely loving the Super Mario Kart av/sig combo you got going on there nando! :bowdown:

Oi guys!

The problem: Wii remote.

Whenever I press a button - all four blue lights quickly light up and nothing happens on the screen - including the Power button.

How the problem started:

I turned Wii on (including the remote) - then dashed away for a few minutes - got back, selected the game, started it, and then the game asked me to press A+B - I did and nothing happened.

Switched batteries - same problem.

Tried syncing it - the lights lit up and still nothing.

Unplugged it - turned it on after like 10 mins - still nothing.

Unplugged it again and will wait a bit longer this time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT:

Sounds like this:

Sorry if this has been discussed.

Anyone else ever have a problem where their Wii-mote stops responding? Occassionally my Wii-mote won't turn on, the lights flash briefly then go off, and it doesn't work. I have to unplug the Wii and other various processes and keep trying, and eventually it starts working again. Bit worrying. Gonna wait til I get a second remote so I can see if its the Wii or the 'mote.

Yes this happens to me and a few others have mentioned it aswell so dont worry. It dont happen that often to me but it is a little fustrating when it does.

Will see if it will work.

Any other ideas?

EDIT 2:

Nada.

Tried it a few times -still only blinking and nothing else.

Will keep it unplugged a bit longer (at least an hour or so) - and I'll see what will happen then.

EDIT 3:

And whole lotta nothing again.

Prolly broken.

Being taken back to the store in the morning.

(and to think I got the Wii because I chose not to support a console that would prolly break insanely fast ;))

EDIT 4:

And problem fixed.

They gave me a new Wii.

I only have a small 14'' TV would it worth me getting an official RGB Cable, or am I likely not to notice the difference?

I'd say get one, it can't hurt. You most likely will notice abit of difference, but not major.

Anyone with similar setup might be interested in trying this.

Out of curiosity I connected my GC to newly purchased Panasonic DMR-EX87 1080p capable DVD/HDD Recorder via AV2 SCART input having previously connected console directly to the TV with so-so results.

Recorders AV2 input would normally be reserved for set-top boxes eg. sattelite/freeview.

GC's RGB output before then connected directly to HDTV looked poor in comparison with that found on my 9 year old 29" Mitsubishi.

Colours are now more vivid. I can now upscale GC output via HDMI output on DVD recorder to 1080i :)

Expensive upgrade I know. But I bought recorder originally to replace failing VHS recorder.

I am trully amazed by the positive results this made to GC's images. :yay:

Hey everyone,

I'm reading all over the internet about how HDTV owners would like the wii to upscale to 720p, why is that. Isn't it so that every HDTV upscales the image to there native resolution or is there a difference in picture quality.

Please explain it to me.

thanks in advance

unless you have the right cables it won't look good. There's a thread explaining this I'm sure.

hey, i've got a problem with my internet connection on my wii, i get wiiconnect24 and i can send e-mails, i can use the forecast and wii shop channels, and i can get the wii updates, but i can't use the news or everybody votes channels, each time i try to run the news channel it tries to load and then gives me the error code 107305 screen, and everybody votes doesn't load at all, or it takes longer than 10 min.

thanks for reading, can anyone help?

I tried that Redshell but it didn't work. Thanks for your help anyway. Got a new wii console now which works fine!

Hey, everybody. I'm pretty new to these forums, and I have a few problems I wanted to ask you guys about.

----------

PROBLEM #1: Clock Problem

My Wii's internal clock is too fast. It's not noticeable on short periods of time, but after a while it has gotten ahead of the actual time. Today, I checked the clock and it was about 10 minutes ahead of the actual time. The funny thing is, my GameCube had exactly the same problem. I'm from Denmark, and so our standard electrical frequency is 50Hz. I usually run games on both my Wii and GameCube in 60Hz, and so my questions are:

QUESTION #1: Has the fact that I'm running games in 60Hz when the standard electrical frequency here in Denmark is 50Hz anything to do with the fact that both my Wii's and my GameCube's internal clocks are going too fast?

QUESTION #2: If not, what can the source of the problem be?

QUESTION #3: And finally, what can be done about the problem?

----------

PROBLEM #2: Nunchuk Problem

All Nintendo fans knows the problem: If the Control Stick is held in another position than its starting position when starting up a game, that position becomes locked as the neutral position. All it takes to reset the position is letting go of the Control Stick and holding down a few of the buttons for a number of seconds (on the Wii: A, B, +, and - for 3 seconds). Now, my problem is that the Control Stick on one of my Nunchuks has started locking its position mid-game, some times rather frequently. It's quite annoying when playing Mario Strikers Charged Football online, where you can't pause the game and where you're constantly set back because you're unable to control anything the 3 seconds it takes to reset the Control Stick. The reason may be that the same Nunchuk hit the edge of a table pretty hard once, although I can't say for sure that's the reason.

QUESTION #1: Could it be the previously mentioned, not-so-careful treatment of my Nunchuk that has caused this problem?

QUESTION #2: If not, what could then be the reason?

QUESTION #3: Is there anything to be done about the problem and if so, what?

----------

I thank you for your time and help in advance.

Problem 1 would seem to me be about the 50Hz/60Hz, I can't think of anything else which would affect it.

Problem 2, check the Nunchuks connection to the Wiimote, and make sure it doesnt occassionally slip out slightly when the wire is pulled, goes back in, and resets the default position.

Problem 1 would seem to me be about the 50Hz/60Hz, I can't think of anything else which would affect it.

Problem 2, check the Nunchuks connection to the Wiimote, and make sure it doesnt occassionally slip out slightly when the wire is pulled, goes back in, and resets the default position.

PROBLEM #1: Okay, thanks.

PROBLEM #2: Hey, it has actually done that a few times. That could also explain why the problem seemed to stop after I switched around my two Nunchuks and Wiimotes, since I think it's primarily the one Wiimote that's a little lose in the connection. Thanks. :) Now I don't need to go buy a new Nunchuk.

----------

EDIT:

Come to think of it, the 50Hz/60Hz thing can't entirely be the explanation for my clock problem. I didn't know about 60Hz the first period of time I had my GameCube, but I'm very sure I experienced the same problem anyway. If anyone else has a possible explanation, please let me know.

First VGA cable for the Wii:

* Easy to setup and use

* Compatible with Japan and U.S. version console Wii, backward compatible with Gamecube 480p supported games

* Provide high quality VGA output

* Clear crystal image quality

* No external power needed

* Support wide range of CRT/LCD monitors

-> http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2&category_id=3&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 ($39.90=~30€=~£20)

Cable:

a56662435d0eddb7ab0ba5392b7a5126.jpg

application.jpg

4z1b3fr.jpg

52zmd4x.jpg

4xwoui0.jpg

5y0ffd1.jpg

4vns3ug.jpg

4uxzn03.jpg

Notes:

1. Notice that compatibility with PAL consoles is not yet confirmed, although likely.

2. Don't expect miracles from a LCD PC monitor, Wii does SD resolutions so it's not representative of PC LCD's native resolutions, if you want to test out what quality to expect try putting your LCD at a resolution under 1024x768; the reason for the bad image is due to the fact that most PC LCD's lack upscaling chips.

I bought a TV box thingy so I could watch TV on my monitor in my student room, thinking it would support component for crisp quality Wii games, too. Turns out the package comes with a component -> S-video convertor boasting '480i component' support :(

What's the best cable for my Wii in this case? The box doesn't have SCART so RGB isn't possible, and the component won't beat S-video quality this way. Is it best to stick with composite (which, hopefully, does support progressive scan) or chuck out €30-40 for an S-video or a VGA cable (considering I have a Samsung Syncmaster 205BW monitor)?

I'd look for a cheap S-video cable, it might not beat RGB or component one but it's miles over a composite one already.

That said, I don't know where they sell cheap s-video cables for wii, but I'm imagining something like on other consoles, under 10 euros, not more than that otherwise it's not worth it considering the quality difference to other methods.