NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I got the GAME component cables and I think it looks great. I haven't seen what it looks like through the official ones though. It was only £13 so it wasn't really that expensive.

I think my Wii may be on the way out :shakehead

I noticed the other day when playing Strikers lots of black dots in the sky, and now I'm seeing them in mercury meltdown too.

Is this the dreaded overcooked graphics chip problem?

I don't fancy being without my Wii for too long but I have brought a few VC games. So I'm not sure what to do, I got my Wii on Launch day so I doubt Game will take it back anyway.

Grr decisions, decisions.

has anybody had it where you play a particular game and the wii crashes after a while of playing and makes a horrible non stop beeping noise? It doesn't make much sense because the game isn't damaged, and it only happens on that one game. 30 odd minutes of playing and then just a frozen screen and beeping. I've played gamecube games, and 3 other wii games and it's fine but with splinter cell it just doesn't work, strangely enough it was fine up to this stage.

I had that same problem on my GameCube with Rogue Squadron 2, I wonder why that happens with the Wii as well.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me whether any PAL cube games support Progressive Scan?

I think not. Nintendo completely removed the feature from europe.

I am thinking about buying an rgb cable for my non-lcd 21 inch tv. I am thinking of buying the GAME one, or should i go official

I have the official one, and the image quality is really good. The Game cable is cheaper so it could have less image quality, but I don't know for sure.

I don't know for sure, because I didn't notice any lines on screen even without the RGB cable. Maybe someone else knows?

its a logik 21 inch

My tv isnt too good in pal60 so will Rgb hell that?

I meant help that?

Does anyone else have an opinion?

It's like 2002 all over again...

I assume your tv is a crt.

If you have used PAL60 using the composite lead that came with the console, the image is worse than in 50hz mode. And the image will be better in PAL60 with the RGB cable. This comes from experience from the gamecube rgb cable, but I think it's the same with wii.

If your TV is bad in 60 Hz it RGB won't fix anything. On low quality TVs the RGB cable makes virtually no difference (I have one myself) so I doubt they're worth the 20 quid for you.

I think my Wii may be on the way out :shakehead

I noticed the other day when playing Strikers lots of black dots in the sky, and now I'm seeing them in mercury meltdown too.

Is this the dreaded overcooked graphics chip problem?

I don't fancy being without my Wii for too long but I have brought a few VC games. So I'm not sure what to do, I got my Wii on Launch day so I doubt Game will take it back anyway.

Grr decisions, decisions.

Send it to Nintendo. Don't worry about the VC stuff, they'll transfer your Wii account to your new Wii.

Don't fret when you see that your downloaded VC games aren't there anymore. Just go to the Wii shop channel and download them for free, since they've already been purchased by you in that account. Your Wii points will be transfered too.

My wii got that problem and i got a new Wii back. Still good up to this day.

BUT, make sure you save your save files from your games to an SD card. They won't save them for you. At least they didn't for me. Maybe if you ask them they will do it, but it's better to play safe.

Send it to Nintendo. Don't worry about the VC stuff, they'll transfer your Wii account to your new Wii.

Don't fret when you see that your downloaded VC games aren't there anymore. Just go to the Wii shop channel and download them for free, since they've already been purchased by you in that account. Your Wii points will be transfered too.

My wii got that problem and i got a new Wii back. Still good up to this day.

BUT, make sure you save your save files from your games to an SD card. They won't save them for you. At least they didn't for me. Maybe if you ask them they will do it, but it's better to play safe.

Cheers, I just spoke to nintendo and they said it sounded like the graphics chip too. He did say they would copy over the save games and VC account if I put a note in with the system, when I send it.

He said it'll take up to 10 days, so I'll send it back once I've had a good play of the godfather. I'll back up my saves just in case too :smile:

Thanks for you help mate.

I'll back up my saves just in case too :smile:

You better do. Don't get surprised if they forget to copy your saves.:heh:

I am going to get a RGB cabler any last words like its not worth it or get a certain one. I am hoping to get the official one for about 20 quid

Stick with the official one and yes the improved clarity on the picture makes it definately worth it.

Stick with the official one and yes the improved clarity on the picture makes it definately worth it.

Will Super mario galaxy look brilliant with this cable

I'd suggest getting a cable rather than a cabler.

I agree with Cube.

If your running on composite at the moment, and can't go to component then getting an RGB cable is a must buy. I noticed a distinct difference on the GC from composite to RGB, I was literally blown away with the difference ("Wow I can read that text in Fifa 03 without squinting").

Having played SMG yesterday on my Wii through said cable I can confirm "YES" it looks fabulous. Of course, I'm only being utterly sarcastic here and can only say...it will look better than anything else currently occupying your Wii regardless of what cable you use. Composite FTW!

I have an official cable and it has fucked up - theres loads of lines on the screen