NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Got a third party component lead for my Wii. Makes things a lot sexier. :p

whereas The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii (and all other first party Wii games) will display in 16:9 wth the option of 4:3 as well.

Say hello to Mario Party 8!

Sorry, I know it's old but I had to point it out :P.

whereas The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii (and all other first party Wii games) will display in 16:9 wth the option of 4:3 as well.
Say hello to Mario Party 8!

Sorry, I know it's old but I had to point it out :P.

Yeah that's an absolute disgrace!

I really don't understand why any game these days should ship without an option for 16:9, completely insane. icon13.gif

Then again can't say I'm bothered by it with MP8 seeing as I won't be getting the game. Even so, this really shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Ok, I am new here.

I have tried to read through as much of this thread as possible and can't find anyone with the same problem as me.

I recently started to notice what seems to be interference or messed up pixels when playing my Wii.

I used to play on a 14' TV but now I use a Samsung 23' HDTV with component cable. I have tried using the Composite and Component and both show this problem.

It shows slightly on the Main Menu and while playing games especially DBZB2 its very noticable.

I was wondering is there anything wrong with my Wii or is there a way to fix this?

I have had my Wii since launch so its pretty old, any help would be much appreciated.

If the cable switching doesn't make a difference it probably means the upscale chip in your TV (for upscaling the Wii resolution to fit the HD resolution of your TV) doesn't work well. Samsung is apparently notorious for that issue.

It's not the Wii, it's your TV.

Thanks for the reply.

After reading what you said I have went and tried my Wii on all TV's in my house and the same problem is now aparent on them all.

Thus I would presume that its not the TV, is it?

Thanks for the reply.

After reading what you said I have went and tried my Wii on all TV's in my house and the same problem is now aparent on them all.

Thus I would presume that its not the TV, is it?

Yeah, then it's your Wii. The problem is likely the one that the standby mode, in which it still generates warmth, cooked the Wii graphics chip causing the artifacts. Some early Wiis had that problem, and yours might have too.

I'd contact Nintendo if I were you. They should be able to fix your problems or replace your Wii. Be sure to backup what you can.

Thanks for the advice.

Can you backup VC games? I think I read somewhere you can't :(

Also do you know if they repair will everything still be intact and if you get replacement do they refund your VC purchases?

You could copy all your save games to an SD card and if Nintendo have to replace your Wii you can redownload the games i think.

Thanks everyone, it totally sucks what can I do instead of playing my Wii :P

Thanks everyone, it totally sucks what can I do instead of playing my Wii :P

I suggest buying a Nintendo DS and investing in some Pokémon games. The Pokémon hype gripped me last week when I got the first new Pokémon games (sapphire and Fire Red) in years, and I feel 8 years old again. :D

Yeh I ended up not being able to wait for Diamond and Pearl and ended up importing Pearl at the start of May and I have never felt younger : peace: one fantastic and griping game it is :)

i still get a bit worked up about mp8 i mean why is god sake would they do this its a reversed world!

Hi, i have a D-terminal for the wii i ordered thinking it would plug in to my monitor (samsung SyncMaster 226BW) I think i have read that it supports RGB but it has DVI and D-sub(vga) connectors. Is there any way I can rewire the D-terminal to either a D-sub or DVI I am willing to butcher the cable as it is useless to me, but i dont want to damage my monitor.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi, i have a D-terminal for the wii i ordered thinking it would plug in to my monitor (samsung SyncMaster 226BW) I think i have read that it supports RGB but it has DVI and D-sub(vga) connectors. Is there any way I can rewire the D-terminal to either a D-sub or DVI I am willing to butcher the cable as it is useless to me, but i dont want to damage my monitor.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I'm afraid not.

D-Terminal is like... japanese component... Not VGA.

I noticed this the other day, so I thought i'd ask. Why is there no trademark symbol next to the Wii logo on the actual console and controllers? Is this just on my system or on your systems as well?

I just got a HDTV and now that the Wii's been out a while, I was wondering what the overall verdict is on whether you have to go for the official component cable - or third party alternatives will be good enough?

I just got a HDTV and now that the Wii's been out a while, I was wondering what the overall verdict is on whether you have to go for the official component cable - or third party alternatives will be good enough?

Get the official one. You cant go wrong and they aren't hard to find anymore. The third party ones are now known to sketch out as per reports i've seen here and elsewhere

So expensive though... £18 on play.com with delivery, surely it can be found cheaper than that?

So expensive though... £18 on play.com with delivery, surely it can be found cheaper than that?

i bought mine on import in december... 35 quid. its been worth it though - looks great on the hdtv

I've just bought the official component cable, can't fault it really and I don't mind spending a couple of quid extra if it means the cable lasts longer.

Incidentally, can anyone tell me whether any PAL cube games support Progressive Scan? I swapped most of my US games for PAL equivalants a while ago and as i've just got the new cable was hoping to try out PS but can't seem to get any to work. I also tried the hot-swapping technique to play Baten Kaitos Origins, as that seems to be the only US game I have left that works on my wii AND supports PS, but when I try and select PS mode my wii just freezes. Any help/advice/peanuts greatly appreciated.

has anybody had it where you play a particular game and the wii crashes after a while of playing and makes a horrible non stop beeping noise? It doesn't make much sense because the game isn't damaged, and it only happens on that one game. 30 odd minutes of playing and then just a frozen screen and beeping. I've played gamecube games, and 3 other wii games and it's fine but with splinter cell it just doesn't work, strangely enough it was fine up to this stage.

has anybody had it where you play a particular game and the wii crashes after a while of playing and makes a horrible non stop beeping noise? It doesn't make much sense because the game isn't damaged, and it only happens on that one game. 30 odd minutes of playing and then just a frozen screen and beeping. I've played gamecube games, and 3 other wii games and it's fine but with splinter cell it just doesn't work, strangely enough it was fine up to this stage.

It's also happened to me a few times while playing Red Steel. About 3 times all up it happened, where right in the middle of the game it freezes and all you hear is BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP and you can't do anything until you turn off the actual unit as the reset button didn't seem to work for me... There may be a technical reason behind this, but it's just probably just a random occurence that you'll get by after completing the game. Maybe perhaps its because there is flash RAM in some models and the update is not applied properly and this could be causing the jamming.

You could either just shut down the system wait for around 20 seconds or so and reboot

or if you still continue to have the problem, reformat the console.

Just make you regularly save in case it happens again. I lost at least a good hours worth of Red Steel play on a particular level as a result of this which was rather frustrating.

Anyone play their Wii through a VGA cable? Gonna get a Samsung Syncmaster monitor for my PC and 360 and was wondering if it'd be worth putting my Wii through it as well so I can play on it when herself is watching sex in the city or whatever.

EDIT: Actually, do Wii VGA cables even exist?

EDIT 2: Apparently not :(