NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

I'd expect an announcement within a few months Ashley, but it's been announced that they are working on one, so you'd probably be best off just buying some games when you go to America in preparation.

So the pic won't be ass playing Cube games on the Wii on a HDTV with a component cable?

Nope, games that support 16:9 display look good (enough) to play, at least on my telly :)

Well I plan on taking my Wii with me so hopefully a solution will crop up beforehand. Thanks.

My RGB cable arrived this morning and I tried it out as soon as I got my hands on it. Worryingly, it didn't make a single bit of difference to the picture. Could this be to do with the TV or is it possible that if I open up the RGB cable I'll find that it is just the composite leads packed into a single (thickish) lead? :hmm:

My RGB cable arrived this morning and I tried it out as soon as I got my hands on it. Worryingly, it didn't make a single bit of difference to the picture. Could this be to do with the TV or is it possible that if I open up the RGB cable I'll find that it is just the composite leads packed into a single (thickish) lead? :hmm:
The change depends on the quality of your TV, I've got a not so good TV and the difference was not that noticable. If you take a look at texts displayed in Zelda however, you should notice stuff is clearer with the RGB cable.

..see.. I thought it would make text clearer but I tried it out in Tiger Woods where I was having trouble seeing some of the smaller text, but there wasn't any difference to any aspect of it, and if there was it certainly wasn't noticeable or worth the £7 I spent on it.

I am going to take it into CeX today to see how much they would give me for trading it in (if it's possible) so hopefully I could get about the same amount back as I paid for it. The Official RGB Cable is worth £9 in cash to them or £12 for exchange. I assume I could get an exchange price of about £5-7 at least for this one (if not more, hopefully)

There doesn't appear to be any mention of 3rd Party Cables on there though so perhaps they won;t take it.. but can't harm to ask!

I'll be ok with the cable that came with my Wii, it's not too much of a problem anyway.

So you got a 3rd party cable? That explains it. Always go for the Nintendo one, or at least check if the cable got good reviews.

yeh.. I hear ya.. but get this:

Bought it for £7.49.. took it into CeX today and (even though it isn't official) I walked out with a voucher for..

...£13.

Today is a victory.

...£13.

Today is a victory.

Now if I was you I'd take that £13 and put it towards an official RGB cable. Trust me, when it comes to these things Nintendo's stuff is always the best.

Mind you, as DCK already pointed out, a lot of it comes down to the TV too. So even with the official lead the jump might not be all that massive.

A little while ago, i bought a Multi-console RGB cable from Gamestation for my PS2 . The jump in quality was amazing, much greater than the Wii. Plus, i can put my N64 through scart, too because it uses the same connector as the Gamecube. Yay!

I was facing either £9 cash or £13 voucher.. and I took the voucher. The problem is that there was nothing in CeX which caught my eye that I would particularly want to get. The voucher expires on 8th May so I need to find something in the next few days or I'll probably be stuck with Sonic Riders and Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex :heh:

Advance Wars for GBA is £8 but wouldn't be my cup of tea. GT Pro Series is £22 but don't really want it. There are a couple of Wii games (Wario or SSX Blur in the store) which I would maybe get but I can't as my girlfriend has got me a couple of Wii games for my birthday (yes, she is a wee star :love:) ..and I don't know what they are.. well.. apart from the fact sonic is one :bowdown:

lol well I had fun with my 2nd wii controller for 3 days then my mum bashed it against my chinchilla cage and it keeps on desynchronising, sure you can resynchronise it but it's annoying playing a game of bowling and randomly throwing it 5 seconds earlier or having somebody bowl at you in baseball and not being able to swing. lol I don't really want to ask her to buy me a new one because it just seems rude and ungrateful but I waited ages to buy wii play just so I could get a second remote and some fun games.

Hi guys,

I've just started playing Mario Strikers. After a few games i tried it online, all worked fine until it tried 'Loading User Statistic' and then it failed and said Error Loading Statistics. I cant find any way to fix this. Can anyone help?? I'd appreciate it!

Hi guys,

I've just started playing Mario Strikers. After a few games i tried it online, all worked fine until it tried 'Loading User Statistic' and then it failed and said Error Loading Statistics. I cant find any way to fix this. Can anyone help?? I'd appreciate it!

Should work now, it was just server strain. Read about it here: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10491

;428854"]More of an issue than a problem; any news yet on region free-ness (without mod chips)? I want Datel or whoever to release something before I go to America in August because I want to take my Wii and buy games over there.

I doubt we will se one for a while considering datel just released a modchip, also the modchips dont garentee a region free experience for example trauma center wont work on a modded PAL wii.

Well it is not really a problem but I am a bit worried. I don't use the Wii with the stand so it just lays on the carpet in my living room - fans are not blocked. Now I had my Wii run for a couple of hours (< 6) in standby and now I noticed that the bottom of the Wii (the part which lays on the carpet) is rather hot.

Is that normal? I mean my notebook running at 800MHz without a fan is about the same temperature. I always thought that Connect24 draws minimal power - don't know if I am mistaken but with connecting every few minutes there shouldn't be so much heat.

Would be cool to hear from others which run their Wii 24/7 if they noticed any abnormal temperature.

Yeah, it happens, mines always 'warm' to some degree. It caused problems in some early Wiis as the overheating burns out part of the GPU if something has gone wrong in the manufacturing process.

Yeah, it happens, mines always 'warm' to some degree. It caused problems in some early Wiis as the overheating burns out part of the GPU if something has gone wrong in the manufacturing process.

What does early mean? US/JAP launch early or EU launch early? Because I got mine at the EU launch :)

Every everywhere I think. If your Wii's fine now it should stay fine though :smile:

The heating up is just part of the design it seems >_<

Ok, my friend broke my bed and part of the bed fell on my wii which is slightly under the bed so the wii sensor bar can reach where it's meant to be.

ANNYWAY, I have a light crack under my disc drive and the disc drive frame is a bit messed up. How can i pass this off as a defect to nintendo?

I have a strange problem, it's not major, but it will bug me later on.

My WiiConnect24 won't work when I turn off the Standby setting in the Wii menu. the only way it will work is to have WiiConnect24 on and standby mode on. This means having it on the orange light on instead of having it just go into standby (red) It's not major, but it means either leaving standby mode on, or changing it every time I want to use a WiiConnect24 feature.

Any suggestions?

i have tried turning it off, unplugging the console, but it only works if standby is on.

I'm pretty sure you have to have it on standby in order to use Connect24. It's always been like that, and the console is designed to be left in standby. Don't worry about it.

ANNYWAY, I have a light crack under my disc drive and the disc drive frame is a bit messed up. How can i pass this off as a defect to nintendo?
I think you can't, but you can buy a third party enclosure.

I'm pretty sure you have to have it on standby in order to use Connect24. It's always been like that, and the console is designed to be left in standby. Don't worry about it.

Thanks for that, although I just checked the manual, there are two ways to use WiiConnect24. You can have it always on, (orange light) or just active when your console is on (red light). I want mine set up to be active only when my Wii is on, but for WiiConnect to work, I need to set both WiiConnect24 and Standby mode to be on. I just want WiiConnect to be on, but if I turn Standy Mode off, then I can't get any WiiConnect to work.

OK, after checking the Nintendo site, it seems you need both set to on, for the Weather/News channel to work. thanks anyway.

Nintendo customer service page.

Thanks for that, although I just checked the manual, there are two ways to use WiiConnect24. You can have it always on, (orange light) or just active when your console is on (red light). I want mine set up to be active only when my Wii is on, but for WiiConnect to work, I need to set both WiiConnect24 and Standby mode to be on. I just want WiiConnect to be on, but if I turn Standy Mode off, then I can't get any WiiConnect to work.

OK, after checking the Nintendo site, it seems you need both set to on, for the Weather/News channel to work. thanks anyway.

Nintendo customer service page.

Aye, when Nintendo said the console would "always" be on, they effectively meant that you could leave it in Standbye mode.

You can either turn the machine straight off (I do this by taking the plug out). Or, you can leave it in Standbye mode. Which effectively is like a sleep mode. You won't be using the console, but as long as WiiConnect24 is also set to on, you can receive messages, etc. This is why the blue light comes on when you set WC24 to on and the Wii to standbye.

Otherwise, you could just turn the machine off, and the next time you come online it should send the messages to you anyway. Bare in mind, I didn't turn on my week for a week the one time, and so therefore I got my messages a week late! If I had had it on standbye, then, well...