NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

Hmm, moving my Wii slightyly seems to have fixed it. Now the DVD drive powers down straight away when I select a non-disc channel and the channels load up much quicker. Seems far quieter as well.

Not sure if this is the right place, but I didnt want to start a new thread so:

Do 3rd party GC memory cards work with the Wii?

Not sure if this is the right place, but I didnt want to start a new thread so:

Do 3rd party GC memory cards work with the Wii?

They do indeed, I have a 3rd party GC memory card in my Wii at the moment and it works perfectly.

I just wish you could put Wii saves on GC cards.

I wish you could copy your GC saves to the Wii's memory.

still trying to use my datel LAN adapter. Could i please know what the MTU value and SSID are and how I access them on my PC? Cheers, everyone who's helped me.

Are third parties component cable any better than Nintendo's component?
No, if else they might be worse.

Some brands have given some sync problems like Blaze cables.

what does an s-video look like?
A lot better than composite, and a little worse than RGB does (mostly when it comes to colors).

so rgb is the best then? im not sure i need it as my wiis picture is very clear

so rgb is the best then? im not sure i need it as my wiis picture is very clear
Best of all is component since it enables progressive scan, but RGB is a good second place.

Does anyone else have a problem with their wiimote in that if you swing it real fast and quick it'll cease to function until you press a button then it comes back on? I find it extremely annoying as it costs me to lose Wii Baseball fairly often. Is my remote just faulty or can they not handle motions like this...

Never happened to me...you sure your batteries arent just low? Though that sounds too obvious a solution. Try emailing Nintendo.

Does anyone else have a problem with their wiimote in that if you swing it real fast and quick it'll cease to function until you press a button then it comes back on? I find it extremely annoying as it costs me to lose Wii Baseball fairly often. Is my remote just faulty or can they not handle motions like this...

I don't have the problem.

Seems like the motion cuts the power to the controller somehow. Defective i would say. Trade it in.

I don't have the problem.

Seems like the motion cuts the power to the controller somehow. Defective i would say. Trade it in.

Hmm thanks guys. I don't think it's defective as it's only recently started happening. It's either something i've done to it or the batteries are low. I'll check next time.

Sometimes when I turn on my Wii, the controllers doesn't want to turn on. I get 4 blue lights on the controllers, and they just don't work. My solution has been to take out the power for the wii, and plug it back in. Then it magically works again. But why is this happening?

I think these problems are just down to glitches in the consoles as i've had the same problem. I guess it's what we have to expect these days, at least they're not as problematic as the launch 360's.

Sometimes when I turn on my Wii, the controllers doesn't want to turn on. I get 4 blue lights on the controllers, and they just don't work. My solution has been to take out the power for the wii, and plug it back in. Then it magically works again. But why is this happening?

That's a fairly common and known bug of the Wii. It happens some times. The solution is just power cycle it.

Best of all is component since it enables progressive scan, but RGB is a good second place.

Ah, so you can't get Progressive scan with RGB? Dang.

Ah, so you can't get Progressive scan with RGB? Dang.

No. If you want progressive scan on your Wii you'll really need Component. And a TV wich supports it of course.