NEurope
KingOfHyrule

Official Issues and Problems Thread

The GAME near here had a few RGB cables when I went to get WarioWare on Friday. No Component cables tho...luckily Gameplay sent me mine :D

k I've been trying to fix this problem for the past couple of days and have no luck what so ever so im hopeing you could possible help me. I recently bought a wireless router, and when I first got it it all work fine with my wii, but then a day later when I come to try it again it didnt work. For some reason when I search for a wireless acces point on my wii it cant find one. Things I've tried are moving the router, even moving the wii to within a foot of the router, I've switched it all off and back on nothing, I cannot figure out why it worked once but not any more. The Wii is the only wireless thing in my house so I cant try anything else to see if the wireless connection is not working. the error code on the wii is 5 diget 51030, my router is a netgear MR814v2. hope someone can help me, cheers.

Twilight princess. Vertical lines (bars?) sometimes just white/cleartypecolour or red/green down the screen. Not always noticable, but always there. Especially horrible at Death Mountain/Hyrule Fields/Underwater (I've just started the third temple). I have an oficial PAL Component cable and the game set to progressive and widescreen (though it till does it on 561 and 480i). Does anyone know why...? NOTES: Hitachi 32" widescreen. It does support 480p.

/QUOTE]

I have exactly the same problem. It happens whenever there is fog in Twilight princess. I was hoping a SCART cable would fix it. Bugger.

Might have to send my wii back then.

I've had an official RGB scart cable for about a month now, and it is much better than the awful composite - why they still bundle the console with the same connectors we were using back in the megadrive days bewilders me! But I'm thinking about getting a component one, as my tv does have the relevant inputs and I've seen how good it can make dvds look. Is it worth it?? Some people here seem to be claiming that component makes it look worse..?

Dude, go to link I posted. It ain't your Wii or your TV. Most TVs do a good job of hiding it/rendering it invisible.

Dude, go to link I posted. It ain't your Wii or your TV. Most TVs do a good job of hiding it/rendering it invisible.

Cheers for the info, but I reckon my problem is different now! I only get it during fog and it's a few thick vertical bars that are either greenish or reddish towards the middle of the screen. I'll get some pics tomorrow, or at the weekend- it's hard to describe.

I've had an official RGB scart cable for about a month now, and it is much better than the awful composite - why they still bundle the console with the same connectors we were using back in the megadrive days bewilders me! But I'm thinking about getting a component one, as my tv does have the relevant inputs and I've seen how good it can make dvds look. Is it worth it?? Some people here seem to be claiming that component makes it look worse..?
There's absolutely no way component makes the picture worse, that is just completely mental. :heh:

As for if it's worth it, well seeing as you're already on RGB Scart the difference is not going to have as much impact as if you were switching from composite to component, so it all comes down to if you want to display in progressive scan or not.

I'd say it's worth it, but I've only seen Wii displayed via composite and component, not RGB scart. So I don't know how close RGB and component are to each other to make a comparison. :hmm:

Great!! The component cables that i ordered from play-asia got stuck in the alfandega or whatever you call that in english. That place were they check the packages that come from outside the European Union to see if there's traffic of any illegal content. Now i have to wait another week or so and pay the VAT. :(

Some people here seem to be claiming that component makes it look worse..?

I think it's worth it. That doesn't even makes sense, unless it's a really weird or defective TV.

Component cables didnt make things worse on my tv. The games looked awesome as it is on Composite...now they look sharper and more colourful and there is much less fragmentation on the Virtual Console games

Dude, read MY problem seven posts above your last post. It's the same problem. Green/red bars/lines. That's with TV set to widescreen (which the game runs at). Set it to "full" (which for a widescreen TV recieving a widescreen signal, should be the same as widescreen mode, except it isn't because for some reason it isn't properly widescreen). So putting it to full SHOULD make those red/green lines/bars virtually disappear, apart from where there's fog or the sun, and occasionally twilight portals. We have the same problem, so do loads of other. It's not noticable/barely noticable for them. Maybe I confused you linking that, because it talks about multiple different problems as well as the one we have. But by all means get a new Wii, if you wish. Just don't try not to get your hopes up. Maybe we all have fauly Wiis, but I doubt it.

Okay, I'm not telling you to completely ignore my post, but I just found this and figured you needed to see it...

http://wii.qj.net/Wii-overheat-causes-video-output-error/pg/49/aid/77236

You can't see much on the first post, but the second is plain clear. The vertical lines. I can see I'm going to have to get Nintendo on the phone. I just wonder why it's damaged, as I've never used it enough to overheat.

PS: Thanks for challenging me, I was just going to suck it up, assuming it was just a glitch I had to live with. Now I realize it isn't. Thank you.

Thanks guys. It's hard to make sense of some of some of the more hysterically negetive views on this forum. As soon as I find one, I'll go for it.

I didn't know whether to stick this in the Red Steel thread or here, but, er, it obviously ended up here.

I've been searching and trying to find threads on the subject, but since I'm a bit high on happiness right now (got my Wii today, finally, cowabunga!) I can't wait to get back to it. I hope you understand. :>

Anyhoo! I'm actually enjoying Red Steel quite a bit. It's one of those relentlessly "okay" games that are just a lot of fun to play (like The Suffering and Dead to Rights for instance) but I have this small annoyance.

Sometimes my *reticle* jumps a bit. It only happens sometimes, and it doesn't really affect gameplay too much as it returns to where I was aiming before in a split second. However, I was wondering if this is a known Red Steel thing or if it's the Wiimote being messed with by something in my room.

It seems fine in the Wii menus, even when I press the home button it seems to behave, but the updating of the cursor seems different so maybe I wouldn't notice it there.

Sometimes my *reticle* jumps a bit. It only happens sometimes, and it doesn't really affect gameplay too much as it returns to where I was aiming before in a split second. However, I was wondering if this is a known Red Steel thing or if it's the Wiimote being messed with by something in my room.
Yeah this is one of Red Steel's many glitches, the only way to solve the problem is to go into the Wii Remote settings and turn the speaker volume off.

So it's a case of enjoying the gun reload effects and have slightly jumpy aiming, or, have no sound from the Wii Remote and perfectly smooth aiming.

I really don't get why the sound should effect the controls though, pretty weird huh?

Has anyone had any problem playing Gamecube games on the Wii? I've been playing some of my Gamecube games lately and I haven't had any problems, except for with the WWE game Day of Reckoning. When I insert the disc, it's recognised by the Wii but when I press start the screen goes black, and then the console restarts itself. I tried it on the Gamecube then and it worked perfectly..

Yeah this is one of Red Steel's many glitches, the only way to solve the problem is to go into the Wii Remote settings and turn the speaker volume off.

So it's a case of enjoying the gun reload effects and have slightly jumpy aiming, or, have no sound from the Wii Remote and perfectly smooth aiming.

I really don't get why the sound should effect the controls though, pretty weird huh?

at a guess it can only deal with so much bandwidth use, and the sound getting sent to it uses enough bandwidth to stop it being able to send enough data back to the wii to update where its pointing?

I turned the sound off and I still get the jitter, so I don't think it's related at all. It doesn't really interfere with the game too much though, and if it's confined to Red Steel it's okay.

I turned the sound off and I still get the jitter, so I don't think it's related at all. It doesn't really interfere with the game too much though, and if it's confined to Red Steel it's okay.
That's strange, turning off the sound from the Wii Remote fixes the glitch for me.

It didn't happen all that often in my game so I left the Wii Remote sound on and put up with it. I only disabled the sound a few times when it would freak out quite a lot, but like I said before it would solve the problem completely, every time.

Mind you I have read other peoples accounts of this issue and not all of them were resolved by using the same technique. Some claim they have to also disable the rumble setting, or actually adjust the pointer sensitivity (in the Wii console settings) in order to fix it, so I guess it's pretty random.

Anyway, it's definitely exclusive to Red Steel so I wouldn't worry about it.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=wii_tech&message.id=33963&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Phoned them up, it was automated. It telled me to send it along with the receipt (it's from Argos and well, I have receipt, but it doesn't say WHAT the item is, as it was sent). I didn't feel safe just sending it without them aknowledging I was sending. So I e-mailed them. NOTHING. Geez... I have it all packed away ready and such...

Is that other guy here who had the same problems? How are you getting on?

FINALLY!! I got my cables. (they came with some additional 12€ taxes though)

I must say i'm happy with them. First i though there was no big difference (i didn't play wii for a while), but then i switched back to composite to check the difference and woah! I don't want to go back to composite anymore.

So, I managed to get my Wii connected to my WiFi Connector again - And downloaded the latest update. Now, I get an error when I try to connect (I've tried setting up the internet again - it never fails at detecting when it's "allowed" on my connector), but no luck.

A few times, the registrations tool shows that it's connected, but the Wii doesn't seem to realise.

Has anyone got any idea? (oh, and I've tried turning off my firewall and antivirus tools)

edit: If it helps. Connect24 works fine when Wii is in standby mode.

edit2: Nevermind....it works now...random.

Ummm...KingJoe could you please reply? I REALLY need to know how you've gotten on (with Nintendo and all) because the number I phoned just told me to send it back (recorded message), the e-mails I've sent have been completely ignored and online it says before sending it back to phone the number (the recorded one which only offers human assistance for game cheats) to tell them to mark it down as coming (which can't be done for obvious reason above). Please dude, I need to know how another has gotten on with this...

Has anyone had any problem playing Gamecube games on the Wii? I've been playing some of my Gamecube games lately and I haven't had any problems, except for with the WWE game Day of Reckoning. When I insert the disc, it's recognised by the Wii but when I press start the screen goes black, and then the console restarts itself. I tried it on the Gamecube then and it worked perfectly..

Try inserting the game while on the Disc Channel screen...

@RedShell

You're quite right about the wiimote sound, as it turns out. Thing is though, it won't fix it instantly, it has to load another map for me for it to work. I happily trade the tinny speaker for un-spazzy reticle. Thanks for the tip! :)

I've never managed to recieve a phonecall with the wiimote sound still on. Does the mobile phone speak sound through that speaker at all? Because that would be real neat. :)